*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

speed freak Daneil

Postby speed freak Daneil » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:00 am

This is the saddest episode so far... Why?

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby strumbore » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:32 pm

This is one of my favorite episodes. I think Season 9 had the best overall, but these two episodes in the middle of Season 16 really got to me. I almost had tears in my eyes by the end of the first one. It must have been the mix of the story and Stevie Nicks' "Avalanche". A lot of her songs kinda have that effect ("Edge of Seventeen" comes to mind).

I actually thought it was really cool they used the actual song in the soundtrack. I don't think they've ever done that before.

Postby cacho » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:29 pm

Guess we have another Stan. A-hole cynicism all around. This one even tells you what to do.

Oh no...

Postby StankeyTheXmasPoo » Mon May 26, 2014 10:13 pm

I get the feeling that this was supposed to be absurd, but this just makes too much sense to me.
For the longest time... I have felt the way Stan does.

Postby StankeyTheXmasPoo » Mon May 26, 2014 10:31 pm

Also surprised that Stevie Nicks let them use Landslide after they put her on blast back in season 5 (maybe that was not their intention, but for all her talent, she really does sound like a goat).
Milo Vonnegut 3

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Milo Vonnegut 3 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:49 pm

A potential, overlooked.

Made me cry.

Postby Rene-rs » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:41 am

Easily the strongest episode they've made. I've never cried to any movie or TV show before but this episode hit me spot on.

This episode made me realize how much alike I am to Stan. Depressed, Cynic and sad. It's an evil curse that you cannot simply get out of.

It was really the perfect opportunity to make big changes to South Park but was "mostly" reseted after the next episode "AssBurgers". Would've been interesting to see how it would have turned out if they didn't reset so quickly (or not reseting at all).

"You're getting old" is truly a masterpiece and easily one of my favorites so far.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”