*2104: Franchise Prequel* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

mario88

Re: *2104: Franchise Prequel* Post-Air Discussion

Postby mario88 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 am

it's weird how in the previous episode we saw someone who didn't believe in what was on the internet no matter what. in this one, it's the opposite, albeit limited to facebook. but it's true: to some people it is the former, to other the latter.

i'm glad someone finally said it: zuckenberg is one of the biggest dicks the world has ever seen. he uses this "style" facade to somehow not be held responsible for whatever happens on facebook, which is his business and should therefore be... his business, if you know what i mean. he's false like a 3 dollars coin.

the episode per se is quite good, but it's like a first part of a two parter, the second being the videogame.

by the way, when does it come out again? can it be bought online and just downloaded or do i need a physical copy? tx in advance to whomever will answer this. edit: nevermind, i could just google that myself, so problem solved.
Last edited by mario88 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He is the record!
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:48 pm

mario88 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 am
by the way, when does it come out again? can it be bought online and just downloaded or do i need a physical copy? tx in advance to whomever will answer this.
It comes out on the 17th this month, and you can buy it online.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:59 pm

It was nice to see Coon & Friends again. I'm surprised it took them this long to make another one.
Baby Jimmy was adorable.
I don't understand the joke of Mark Zuckerberg's voice having bad quality and being out of sync.
What's the point of keeping Cartman and Heidi together if they're just gonna do scenes where she comes in and Cartman gets bummed out?
It took sixteen minutes until Mysterion got a line. Lmao.
The ending was literally just the old trailer for the game. Even sounded like they used some of the actual recordings from it.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:13 pm

i was about to write: "nevermind, i could just google that myself". by the way, i have realized there are different offers in different countries.

as for the episode, i guess "wondertweek" is a reference to wonderwoman. also, his and Supercraig's costumes must be the most awesome of the bunch:

there is already a large production of these drawings on deviantart and other sites.

gotta love how matt and trey said they weren't going to talk about trump, yet somehow they do, although indirectly this time.

i watched the episode with subtitles (like i usually do) and when putin says: "no, sir", the subtitles are: "In Russian". :mrgreen: guess they meant: "with a Russian accent", but it doesn't sound that "Russian".

when the head of the police department says: "who invited him?", i think this is a meta-reference to all the people in the world having some kind of trouble with facebook: you invited facebook, meaning you are using facebook, nobody forces you. also implying, i believe: just stop using it, if you're having troubles with it.

i liked the point matt and trey made with zuckenberg invading people's homes, buti feel the kind of overdid it, they dragged it for too many minutes. almost as if they needed to fill a couple of minutes and couldn't find another way to do it.

all in all, it's a 7/10 for me. and this time don't delete my post. :mrgreen:
He is the record!
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Very enjoyable episode this was i liked Jimmys back story & getting excepted into Coon & friends. Mark Zuckerberg was quite funny his blocking attempts reminded me of Cartman & those psychics from “Cartman incredible gift” the noise they made.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:22 pm

When are we going to get a Wendy-focused episode this season?
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:31 am

What have M&T done to Butters? :shock:
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:07 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 am
What did you thought of the absence of Call Girl and Captain Diabetes?
Call Girl is a lone wolf, who (as it appears) doesn't reveal herself to the new kid until a bit into the game. Captain Diabetes (I'm still just speculating) is natrually recruited later on. I find it weird that Professor Timothy isn't here though. Not even Iron Maiden.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:17 am

Milo Vonnegut wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:31 am
What have M&T done to Butters? :shock:
if you think about it, it's just butters 2.0, instead of pimping, he builds a nice trolling company. the sweet butters knows how to manage a business. :mrgreen:
He is the record!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:21 am

The best joke in this episode is all the parents going off about how their children are too young to understand that they shouldn't believe everything they read on Facebook or the internet in general, but then they immediately believe all the crazy, bullshit stories that Professor Chaos is spreading. The message is clear: Facebook is turning you all into stupid children who will believe anything as long it fits into a narrative you like.

Loved the fight scene between the Coon Friends and Zuckerberg. You knew it was coming when they had Zuckerberg speaking in that dubbed-English style; the only place to go was some sort of kung-fu, karate whatever show down. I'm not 100% on board with Kyle being the one who delivers the nut shot; seems more like a Fatass move, but it was still funny.

The Coon episodes are always a cut above a normal episode because it involves all the kids indulging in these great fantasies the way I did. Yes it also allows the guys to critique Hollywood for their blatant superhero cash grabs, but at their core, Coon episodes are about kids turning their favorite TV shows and movies into games to play. It means the story will always have certain heart no matter how "inside baseball" the guys get about Hollywood.

Professor Chaos is one of the greatest creations of the series and it has been so wonderful to see him used not just as a cheap call back, but as a genuinely fun or sinister "bad guy" for all the games the boys make up for themselves. When they created that alter ego for Butters, who would've thought they'd get so much mileage out of him a decade later? That's the happiest accident I can think of in South Park. I like Butters, but I fuckin' love Professor Chaos. So this was a great episode to my eyes. Another fine installment in the series of Coon episodes over the years.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Shane McCormick

Postby Shane McCormick » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:55 pm

The episode was ok. Butters was great, but the Zuckerburg stuff overstayed its welcome for me. 6/10
Alex Shir

Postby Alex Shir » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:17 am

8\10
Story about Fakebook and post-truth - it's was inevitably, specially in the couple of topic of russian traces at the election. Brilliant picture of social life 2017. High lvl of political humour, as usual (hilarious scene with grounded of Putin - please send mr Stotch in Russia, we needed him). Very considerate and tender advertisment of TFBW :D
PUT IT DOWN! and be more responsible and smart - T&M said us at innumerous times.
But Kenny! Why old fellow Mysterion had miserable existence at the backyard of plot? Hey, it's superhero story, and who has real superpower among guys? 8) Very sad that we don't see his character as at 14-15 seasons.
Sorry for my bad English, guys. It's not my native language.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”