S22E04: "Tegridy Farms" postshow discussion.

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S22E04: "Tegridy Farms" postshow discussion.

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:05 am

Come back in two hours.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
kfgg

Re: S22E04: "Tegridy Farms" postshow discussion.

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:37 am

This https://youtu.be/wsdy_rct6uo

and

I Wonder if they’re serious about “Tegrity Weed”
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:00 am

This will probably be the best episode of the season. I will say its an easy 9/10. So, it was marijuana and not just hemp. You can grow hemp with marijuana that has a very low THC content and that is why its legal. But this episode was about marijuana of all kinds and with THC that’s used for everything.

I missed the first minute but caught Randy upset in the car. I love the farm aspect and the pure subsistent life style. Lots of times I really want to live like that. Randy was like a hero of mine this episode.

The song Randy sings was okay, but the video shown was funny. It must really be that farmers in Colorado only grow weed now, right? I liked the play of words with “Tegrity”. I think that the episode left room for a continuation to next week. I remember I had wanted South Park to handle the whole weed being legal thing and man are they doing it right. I can see how some new jokes come up each week for a new episode with the Marsh family living on a farm. Nice to hear about people moving out to Maui, I may want to someday, but I hope to have lots of Tegrity.

I loved the farm and the clothes made from hemp and all the food. That hat Randy made for Stan was great. I think Randy will now wear it but its funny how the Spin Doctors Princes song plays, that was a nice touch. Made me think of being a kid and smoking weed. It also makes me think of the Saudi Arabia assassination of a journalist which is weird.

Toweli was fun. Didn’t expect to see him at the end but he was and seems to now be a member of the Marsh family. I liked how he was testing the weed and got that last purple batch to test and it blew his mind. Toweli made this episode fun and he wasn’t boring.

Like I’ve said I’ve never vaped but people like it. I don’t think its as stupid as Randy thinks, but I do like the old fashion way of things myself like Randy. I think that the episode did a good job at tackling the whole kids vaping crazy. The show made it look fun, so I guess a few kids may try it over the episode but not many. I just don’t get the fruity flavor part of it. I thought the whole point was to taste the tobacco and enjoy and grow up to like the taste of it. I think of like mixed drinks now too and how people who can’t handle beer have them. I know many of the IPA’s out there have a strong taste, but I still enjoy one every now and then. Maybe South Park will tackle sweet alcoholic drinks next like Four Loco?

The Cartman Butters plot was funny. I Really liked the Scarface joke with the dead hooker scene and of Cartman telling Kyle to get the vapes and the money, that scene had me laughing out loud. I was thinking it was strange of Butters all alone to be selling the stuff. Why was Cartman singing the 5-dollar footlong song while taking a dump? That is something I’ve done though.

Didn’t really get the Ronan Farrow jokes but still liked them. I see he is like related to Mia Farrow and is a journalist. Could be some sort of nod to the journalist Jamal Khashoggi who was killed.

It was funny seeing Cartman walk Kyle around the episode. Cartman had a strong presence this episode and he and Butters were able to stay one step ahead of Kyle the whole time.

I liked the idea of the sixth graders plot, but we never see them. I liked seeing Randy fighting again. The end was good enough. Liked how Toweli helped and Randy beat up the vape salesman and blew up the vape shop/factory. The episode was great all round. I didn’t like the VapeMan who is like the Kool-Aid guy for some reason.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Gapper34

Postby Gapper34 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:26 am

Marijuana in CO and elsewhere is farmed in big warehouses, not outside. Hemp farmers are different. There is no THC in hemp so it is a different product and is farmed outside. This episode didn't differentiate. Overall an inaccurate and weak episode.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:50 am

Randy's song, "(That's What You Get On A) Colorado Farm," takes its melody from John Denver's "(Thank God I'm A) Country Boy." :D

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:55 am

First off going to say it annoyed me to see Shelley is *still* at SP elementary. Inaccuracies with the kids' ages get to me. She was introduced as 12 when the show began and the boys were 8. She is four years older than them. If they are in the 4th grade and are 10, she should be a freshman in HS, age 14. But Stan mentioned she was 13 a few yrs ago in Cash for Gold. It had been so long since her age was mentioned I'm sure M&T forgot she's 4 yrs older. Anyway, that rant over...

I for one don't get the whole vaping craze. The way I see it, it still has nicotine so it's still not good for you. It's like a glorified smoking. I don't smoke and hate seeing other smoke, so vaping isn't any different. Same with weed. It just annoys me that so many people do it and find it 'cool'. So to see kindergartners vaping wasn't very cool.

I should have known Randy would be growing hemp. Of course it was funny to see him put so much effort into it and of course the rest of the family looked annoyed. I gotta say, the line that made me lmao was when Stan flat-out told Randy- I hate you so much. :lol: :lol: Stan was so over it and pissed off and done with his dad's latest stupid idea. Moments like that are funny, I could never see Stan say something like that to Sharon. He respects her. However he has no problem saying it to his dad. :lol:

Towelie was a nice surprise. The whole Cartman and Butters in the business and Kyle trying to stop it was predictable. At least we know he did not stand up for Kyle to Butters, he was just trying to cover his tracks. :)

The musical moments were funny. Loved Randy placing the hat on Stan's head again and again. It was never explained why Stan was caught with a vape pen, was it? I wonder if the Marshes will still be on the farm next week. We've had a Sharon ep, a Randy, ep, time for Stan to get the spotlight, please M&T!!

There were some funny moments this week but A Boy and a Priest is still the best so far. 7/10
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:06 am

Stanluv25 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:55 am
It was never explained why Stan was caught with a vape pen, was it?
Stan said he took it from a kindergartner, but he didn't say which one.

The playground scene shows that Kyle took it from Ike, and Stan took it from Kyle when another kindergartner blew some gummy bear surprise on him.

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:55 am
First off going to say it annoyed me to see Shelley is *still* at SP elementary. Inaccuracies with the kids' ages get to me. She was introduced as 12 when the show began and the boys were 8. She is four years older than them. If they are in the 4th grade and are 10, she should be a freshman in HS, age 14. But Stan mentioned she was 13 a few yrs ago in Cash for Gold. It had been so long since her age was mentioned I'm sure M&T forgot she's 4 yrs older. Anyway, that rant over...
Bothered me too 19 years ago. You may have noticed that the town doesn't have a middle school or a high school, so some of us assumed that teens were bussed out to other schools in nearby towns. Matt and Trey have never addressed this except in a commentary where they said they're not good at writing stories for teens, so they just focus on grammar-school kids and their parents. At this point I might as well think of SPE as a K-12 school, though you hardly see anyone over 6th grade there.

Now, what are some hemp brand names? The ones Randy names are pretty much marijuana brands.

JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:06 pm

I saw the episode again at 9PM and loved it. I saw the beginning with Shelly in trouble. I at first was like damn, Shelly is going to get arrested and have to be a sex offender now. But then we find out its a dog's butthole. That part was funny. I think Matt and Trey did fine writing for Shelly this scene, reminded me of girls I knew and of myself at that age. I hope we get more Shelly but I think the voice acting is why we don't get her anymore, it must hurt peoples throat, heard the same about doing Ned's voice for Trey.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:32 pm

Best episode of the season so far,this season is already better than seasons 20 & 21. That Vape man looks very similar to Kool-Aid Man. This episode had echoes of “Crack baby athletic Association” but Kyle was sticking to his guns here until the end when he reluctantly helped. No show next week back on Halloween hope they do a Halloween episode.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:38 am

I very much enjoyed seeing Randy kick some ass and trash the vape store. Shades of "The Losing Edge" with Randy fighting. Vape is f*cking stupid. Even the non-nicotine sh*t is designed to habituate children to smoking behavior so they buy the cancerous stuff when they 'grow up'. Never mind that constantly inhaling particulates is always bad for you. It's f*cking evil.

And that's even before it makes you look like a total douche who smells like a burning candy factory.

Trey shows once again how easy it is to write a country song. It's been lean times for South Park music so I was giddy with joy to finally hear a fresh tune from the show.

Towelie! So great to see him back and actually being a useful character. I completely missed it the first time viewing, but Randy is wearing Towelie as a cape the entire time he's laying the beat down on vape douches. So it was a fun surprise when he became the 'finishing move' on the head vape guy.

I'm a little disappointed in Kyle to actually believe Fatass' lies about trying to get out of the vape-slinging game. C'mon, Kyle, you know his M.O. by now!
I am used to Fatass being cruel to Butters, but to straight up punch him in the face was a little much. Especially when he doesn't get it back later.

Lastly, I find amusement in how they juxtapose the kind of 'moral panic' present when the guys (and I guess I) were in school about weed and other drugs with the current mania around children and vape. With cannabis normalized, there needs to be another scary plague threatening your kids. 30 years ago, your hero would've gone around beating up potheads to take down the drug kingpin. Today, the hero is a pothead beating up users of the new fad drug. It's the modern equivalent of Clint Eastwood shooting hippies on the big screen in the 70's.

I have a feeling this is going to be my favorite of the season.

You read it! You can't unread it!
mario88

Postby mario88 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:46 pm

i didn't like this episode. i feel the show is getting a bit stale and that it's not going anywhere. i read other users' posts and i'm glad you guys enjoyed it, but i didn't. except that joke at the beginning: "school shootings, pieces of sh*t taking ambien and tweeting, priests raping kids, and somehow... I'm not laughing anymore". lol.

so randy yet again is following his next crazy dream, towelie yet again is being a junkie. how fresh.

i have to admit, somehow i find vaping "effeminate", too. i don't know, the gesture reminds me of the women who smoked those long cigarettes in the 1920ies, as seen in the movies.

kyle is letting everyone abuse him like heidi last season. if he were a real person, i'd say he definitely needs to snap out of it.

p.s.: i'd rather see asterisks than a word completely changed. i thought at least in south park's forum people didn't need to be pc
He is the record!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:16 am

mario88 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:46 pm
p.s.: i'd rather see asterisks than a word completely changed. i thought at least in south park's forum people didn't need to be pc
This forum has always been PC. That's not my fault or the fault of the admins who have come and gone, but of those who set up the board in the first place, some 14 years ago. It wouldn't be so PC if we could make sure kids weren't browsing the forum.

kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:26 am

As always, I was happy to hear some music in this episode, both original and Spin Doctors - Two Princes (A favorite of mine since I was in 2nd Grade)

Nothing this coming week. The next episode airs on Halloween so they have that option in regards to writing.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:04 pm

kfgg wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:26 am
As always, I was happy to hear some music in this episode, both original and Spin Doctors - Two Princes (A favorite of mine since I was in 2nd Grade)

Nothing this coming week. The next episode airs on Halloween so they have that option in regards to writing.
I think they should have a song sung by the cast every episode. It would just help so much with each episode and the review.

I hope the next episode deals with triple talaq. :)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”