S22E06: "Time To Get Cereal" postshow discussion.

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S22E06: "Time To Get Cereal" postshow discussion.

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Will be open in five hours. See you then. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
kfgg

Re: S22E06: "Time To Get Cereal" postshow discussion.

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:35 am

I really was hoping for no continuation or two part episodes this season but it seems inevitable now
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:52 am

I hate two parters....well ones which don't seem to go that way until the last minute anyways.

Also we have a LOT of cliffhangers....

- Is Ned Dead?? And is Jimbo Okay?? :o :(
- Why are the cops super idiots?? I mean we know Barbrady was an idiot but damn Sgt Yates and Company are almost making Barbrady seem like he had a head on him....
- GRANDPA!!! :shock:
- And yes, Al Gore was right.....but my god that was years ago! I hope Garrisson (Trump) has a word or two next episode just to see how he reacts to Gore being back in the *Spotlight* for these episodes.

- Always love seeing Satan btw! Wish he was in the SP video games (before the add-ons that is)

TO BE CONTINUED....
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:55 am

The guy in Red Lobster. That scene was perfect. In 70 seconds, they summed up the last 20 years of conservatives' bad ideas about anthropogenic climate change.

Nice to see the guys have come around on the subject. But I guess 20 years of devastating hurricanes, droughts, wildfires and flooding will do that.

Speaking of things that have been going on for 20 years, Matt and Trey still can't resist the latest video game thing and throwing it into an episode. Whether it's Guitar Hero, World of Warcraft or the SEGA DREAMCAST! (/dramatic Cartman voice) the guys love video games and will shout them out on the reg.

Manbearpig has proved to be an unexpectedly deep well. Just when you thought it was tapped out in Imaginationland, here it comes from an entirely new angle. The once clunky metaphor from a contrarian view point turns out to work extremely well after the narrative switches sides. The deal with the devil here is cheap energy. Grandpa Marsh represents older generations that got us using hydrocarbons to grow the economy and make life easier for a time only to have the consequences of that cheap energy come back to bite us in the ass.

If they are going to continue this story later this season, that is the deal the boys will discover; Grandpa Marsh (and the other old people) made a deal for prosperity but with dire consequences to be wrought much later. They will learn they can't get rid of Manbearpig. They'll have to learn to live with it. Like the school shootings, it may even become a part of daily life in South Park; someone getting picked off by Manbearpig.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:32 am

My oh my, what a cliffhanger!

Gotta love the stupidity of the officers. Claiming everything was a school shooting, yet none of the accidents took place in a school. :lol: Then turning around the words Sharon spoke weeks ago. She claims school is supposed to be a safe place for children, now the cops are saying outside of the school is where kids are supposed to feel safest. :lol: And in Mackey's office, talking to Cartman and Kenny. It's either the fat kid or the poor kid.' Cartman- I'm not poor. LOL
The Al Gore bits were funny too. And Satan being summoned yet again. And casually going to the library with the boys. Just as he casually explains addiction and dopamine to Stan in 'Freemium Isn't Free'. lol
But that ending- wtf Matt and Trey! Having the boys arrested then Grandpa seeing it on TV and saying, 'Billy, what have I done?' Argh, it's going to be a long wait till next Wed!

8/10. Another very good episode. Wow, I feel like we're being spoiled this season so far. Hopefully Stan will have a large role next week if it's his grandfather that might be responsible for this whole mess. I miss seeing his brown coat, hopefully the Marshes move back home and Stan can ditch his Tegridy Farms shirt.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:44 am

Sgt Yates winds me up sometimes,though I found it amusing that Satan was wearing reading glasses. Damn a cliffhanger,time to step up Grandpa Marsh and save the town.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:04 pm

Had it’s moments but I didn’t like the gloomy feel of it. When they took all that time showing Sgt Yates arguing with his wife, I knew it would be a two parter. They usually rush things otherwise.

Josh Gad was a consultant for this one.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Anyone else notice to pictures of Stan and Kyle kept switching behind Sgt. Yates when he was talking to the rest of the officers? Noticed it on my first viewing of the episode. Wonder if that was intentional or an animation error.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
dswynne

Postby dswynne » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:20 am

I could respond by saying how Al Gore's attempt to capitalize on climate change is more "problematic" than the actual issue on climate change. I could even debate the recommendation of the IPPC Reports, which have consistently been "anti-progressive" in scope. Heck, I could point out that environmentalists today have turned climate change into a pseudo-religious experience, disguised as a public policy debate. I have plenty to say on this issue, but, at this point in my life, both privately and professionally, I no longer have a stake in it. Like the depiction of Al Gore in this episode, I've decided that it won't be people like me who will decide on the matter of climate change; it will be the generation that is coming up after me who will decide. One way or another, they will determine the kinds of policies that will be enacted, both on the national and global governmental level. Meanwhile, I'm just going to go...bowling. Done. Finished. Time to prepare for the end with a raised glass of wine and a salutation for when it arrives, be it tomorrow or many, many tomorrows to come. Cheers.

As to this episode: the call backs to previous appearances of Al Gore and his MAN BEAR PIG Phenomenon were dead on. I could tell that they even used elements from the first Ubisoft South Park game. And clearly, Red Dead Redemption 2 is being used as both a product placement advert, which was woven smartly throughout the episode. If there was a "downside", it was the heavy-handedness of the message the episode wanted to convey. Yeah, we GET IT, Matt & Trey. You two are sorry for mocking Al Gore and his environmental agenda. Still, I was entertained, more so than the last one, so...8/10.

Until next time...
JVM

Postby JVM » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:10 pm

(Deleted Post.)
Last edited by JVM on Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:01 pm

JVM wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:10 pm
- 'Collin Brooks' is the dead kid this week; 'Brooks' was the surname for Kevin Stoley back in the sixth season, but was eventually superceded by, duh, Stoley.
:o

But before then he was K.C., and then Kevin C.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”