*1002: Smug Alert!*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:37 am

Big-Will wrote:I suppose it doesn't help that you don't actually see him taking the drug, does it? San Francisco is known for easy access to drugs. And Matt and Trey did acid themselves (shhh!) while filming Cannibal! The Musical. (They came up with the Chef character at the time, too. :lol: )

and maybe at that 2000's oscar, in women clothes... :roll:

Big-Will wrote:
bulrog2004 wrote:i watched the rm torrent @mrtwig, and it lacks of credits, just like 1001. coincidence or tveps are capping without credits?

Removing them, because they look like crap now being on one
side of the screen with the preview for Mencia on the other side.

oh. thanks!
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:29 am

Grizim wrote:She can argue however she wants.

She? SHE!? You've offended me sir! I challenge you to a duel!

In TC's defense, when Butt Out originally aired, I was very shocked to see them smoking. I even remember later in You Got F'd in the A, I was shocked to see all of the goth kids....my favorite characters at the time.....smoking. I can honestly say that I hate cigarettes more than drugs. TC I understand you, but you're very literal-minded. Was it stupid and far-from-reality to make two little kids get high? Yes. But stupidity and graceful carelessness is what gives South Park it's beauty. It's just like the old sh*tty animation. I though Kyle and Ike (mainly Ike) getting high was the funniest "dumby" that Matt and Trey ever came up with. Yes, funnier than the crab people.

Yeah, I am rather literal-minded. I know to a lot of people I seem like some raving lunatic right now, but everything I say seems totally logical and coherent to me. One thing I've been trying to do during my entire rant here is to respect the people that liked the part or didn't see anything wrong with it. Sorry if anyone felt like I was attacking their opinions, I really didn't mean to.

While I'm at it, I'll make a small apology to Unnamed Guy: My first post especially was immature, sorry about that. Understand my frame of mind there, I was defensive because I'm forced to because of the way people get treated on here when they have a dissenting opinion. You stumbled into a hornet's nest, whether or not you meant to be offensive, I automatically read it as an attack.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:19 am

LOL..I freak Grizim out? Well, Grizim, I know you know about a certain board I used to post at, and what me and some former posters and some of my current online friends did to the assh*les on that board. The reason I am acting the way I am, is I am seeing alot of people acting the way the assh*les at that board did. By that I mean what TC just described about what happens to people who have an unpopular opinion. I see that, and I naturally want to f*ck with those people's heads.

As for what Icewynd said, maybe I should explain better..I totally disagree with what she said about TC assuming he knows Kyle better than Matt and Trey..Because I don't think this is a case of TC thinking he knows better. Alot of people have been saying that they feel that the characters are acting out of character on the show in more recent episodes. I have noticed it too. There is obviously more focus on bashing a certain group or celebrity, than there is on the characters, or at least that is what I have been seeing and evidently so have other people..Icewynd may not like me saying that, but it is what I have been precieving when I watch the new episodes. All I can say to her is I am sorry, as much as I like Matt and Trey, I am not going to pretend I like everything they do if I see an episode that is crap in my opinion I will say so, and I am not going to ignore it when I feel something a character says or does is out of character for them I will also point that out..If this bothers Icewynd, as what TC said did, maybe she should ask herself why she is so bothered by TC's point of view or anyone else's who says something similar to the statement he made about Kyle.
marklar-mike

yo

Postby marklar-mike » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:55 pm

i missed this episode n just wanna kno one thing... was it better than chef returns or worse thats all i wanna kno thanks
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:01 am

^ Nobody can give you a real answer. It's all based on opinion. Some thought yes, some thought no.

Anyway, M00n, the biggest reason that I was bothered by it was TC's use of definites. I didn't have a problem with what he was saying before, but when he threw in the absolutes on the character of Kyle, that's what got me annoyed, because even if some characters may be getting out of character (not something that I feel when you take the circumstances into account), when you throw definities in, that's when I feel that the fans think that they know the characters better than its creators. Part of my annoyance on the subject has to do with the fact that if people told me definites for my characters, I'd be really pissed off myself. It's happened to a good friend of mine before, so it's already a semi-personal experience for me.
cartman'sbitch

Postby cartman'sbitch » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:39 am

Olivia42 wrote:
Fake Shemp wrote:But I would take a turd sandwich anyday over a giant, smug, douche.

To each his own, I guess.

I do think it's a sign of how detatched Matt and Trey are, no doubt resulting from their environment, when they consider Scientology and San Francisco dangerous.

It's funny and all, but come on.

LMAO SFran is known to be way out of touch.. Get a grip man!
cartman'sbitch

Postby cartman'sbitch » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:44 am

One thing I've been trying to do during my entire rant here is to respect the people that liked the part or didn't see anything wrong with it. Sorry if anyone felt like I was attacking their opinions, I really didn't mean to.

Now that isn't very sporting now is it?
Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny

Postby Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:54 am

Too many arguments. Can't take it! GAH! *kills self*

EDIT: I'm back from the dead. Anyway, I thought Kyle taking the acid 1002 was out of character, but still funny as hell. It makes me feel better when I tell myself that the other kids forced him to do it. It wasn't Kyle's fault, he's the victim here. He was force-fed the acid, and tried his best to get away. I don't care how Ike got it, he's not one of my favorite characters. All I know is that Kyle did not willingly take the acid.
cartman'sbitch

Postby cartman'sbitch » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:58 am

Oh come on.... haven't you ever done as the romans have done while in Rome? Thinaboutitman
Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny

Postby Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:01 am

I'm only 12. Thanks to a very wise influence I met on this site and talked to on AIM, I now know I should wait till I'm 17 before taking too many drugs or alcohol. But don't worry. I actually have a page in
my notebook with a list of drugs for future reference, and acid's on
it. Right after pot. BTW, I'm starting to think that my notebook isn't a safe place for the list. At my school they're collecting our notebooks every week from now on to see that we have everything we need.
marklar-mike

yo

Postby marklar-mike » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:04 am

I just got one word for you guys..... FLAP!!!!!

OOOOO OWNED!! WAAT? WAAAAAT, SON? WANNA START SH*T?? WANNA START. AIGHT I'M DOWN LET'S GO!!!
cartman'sbitch

Postby cartman'sbitch » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:24 am

Just remember what Chef said, there is a place for those kinds of things and that is college.

Outside of course, SP.

p.s. i've never tried acid but I have been a vistor to the drug world. I have a 15 year old son and of course I would never want him to do drugs, although if he smoked pot I wouldn't be freaking out too much about it. It's cocaine and meth and that sh*t that'd scare me.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: yo

Postby Big-Will » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:58 am

marklar-mike wrote:I just got one word for you guys..... FLAP!!!!!

OOOOO OWNED!! WAAT? WAAAAAT, SON? WANNA START SH*T?? WANNA START. AIGHT I'M DOWN LET'S GO!!!

STOP IT! We don't need to see caps all the time.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:22 pm

All in all this ep was ok :) bit overly used with the farting scenes , i would have like to have seen them only doing it a few times , just to play with our heads a bit like WTF was that all about , if you get my drift ...
Uncle Alex

Postby Uncle Alex » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:58 pm

At last, here is the good episode. I hope the third ep will be as better than the second as the second is better than the first... That will mean that the guys are definitely not in creative crisis.

Boy, poor SF! :D I know M&T really hate hippies as Cartman does, so SF as the cradle of hippiedom has become doomed :)
Shtaad, boded but shtaad ©

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”