*1003: Cartoon Wars*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:46 pm

bunnasoo wrote:What I'm surprised at is that no one raised a stink over them ripping on Alcoholic's Anonymous!

Haha, that's true. The Catholics got pissy over Bloody Mary, but what about the AAers?

The way I see the whole Danish cartoon issue thing is, that, these extremist Muslims need to grow the f*ck up. They can't force absolutely everybody to follow a law in their religion. Let's pretend that I'm actually religious for a second here. Why the hell is there still pork and seafood being served in restaurants?! IT'S AGAINST MY RELIGION. BAN IT AND NEVER LET ANYBODY EAT IT AGAIN!

That's ridiculous. Not everybody in the world is Jewish, so not everybody in the world is forbidden to eat pork and seafood. Just the damn Jews. I'd eat them, but pork and seafood are absolutely nauseating, anyway.

Kyle did say it best there. "No, only Muslims can't show an image of Muhammed." Muslims can't force the rest of the world to follow what they do. It's completely irrational and egotistical thinking. People have the right to show whatever the hell they want to. Just because censorship is stronger in their region of the world than it is here, doesn't mean we have to cave into their way of life and increase our censorship, too.

Plus, it's only the extremists who are getting crazy over the whole issue. The same extremists who refuse to respect other religions. Connection? Maybe when those assh*les learn to respect other people's religions, theirs may just be respected, too! But of course not. Islam should just be respected straight away, because it's just that special. If there's any credit to the Scientologists, at least they don't blow sh*t up over things like this. The only thing that got hurt in attacking them was freedom of speech, not people's lives. Or KFC's.

Killing people over cartoons is just incredibly moronic. Do these people not look at their reactions? Are they not aware of what they're doing? They just proved the terrorist Muhammed cartoon's point by going out and acting like terrorists themselves. Are they that retarded, or something?

And on the anti-Semetic cartoons, man, I'd love to see some of those, to get a kick out of them. Jews are incredibly self-hating, for the most part. I know I sure am. Am I just thinking this up or was there some idea that after hearing this announcement, a bunch of Jews got together and decided to make their own anti-Semetic cartoons to show them who can be more anti-Semetic? I know I heard that somewhere but I can't decide if it's true or not.

This sudden use of cartoons to offend people is hilarious, though. It's like a bunch of little baby South Parks who haven't yet figured out what's appropriate and what's funny or not. At the very least, South Park doesn't offend for the sake of offending: it offends for the sake of proving a point, with laughs on the way.

I loved The Passion of the Jew. It's one of my favourites in season eight.
gomoogles

Postby gomoogles » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:50 pm

:arrow: Here is my opinion on Season 10 thus far.

1001 The Return of Chef: 9/10
1002 Smug Alert!: 8/10
1003 Cartoon Wars: 9/10

So far it's pretty strong! I can only hope it stays as good as it is.
Don't screw around. You all screw around too much.
--Mr. Adler [Shop Class]
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:55 pm

iceiwynd wrote:
bunnasoo wrote:And on the anti-Semetic cartoons, man, I'd love to see some of those, to get a kick out of them. Jews are incredibly self-hating, for the most part. I know I sure am. Am I just thinking this up or was there some idea that after hearing this announcement, a bunch of Jews got together and decided to make their own anti-Semetic cartoons to show them who can be more anti-Semetic? I know I heard that somewhere but I can't decide if it's true or not.

Yea, I saw that on The Colbert Report on Comedy Central. I think it really did happen. The Jews have a way better sense of humor. No way in hell will any Irani make a better ant-Semetic cartoon. :P

I pretty much agree with Iciwynd on everything. In fact, I said most of that a few posts ago. (only my post was a lot shorter)
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Knuerr2003

try looking for pictures

Postby Knuerr2003 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:57 pm

What does Muhammed look like?

Hey Try To Look For Pictures of Profit Muhammed and you will find out that no two images look the same. No one really has a true idea of what he looks like so watch Profit Muhammed will end up being Kathy Lee Gifert or some one bizzar like that.
Knuerr2003

OR Chef

Postby Knuerr2003 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:00 pm

Watch Muhammed will end up being Darth Chef
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:02 pm

Don't double post. There's an edit button in the top right corner. USE IT.

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:(only my post was a lot shorter)

Longer posts make you look a lot smarter. :P
Kyle's_Marklar

Re: try looking for pictures

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:04 pm

[quote="Knuerr2003":08710]What does Muhammed look like?

Hey Try To Look For Pictures of Profit Muhammed and you will find out that no two images look the same. No one really has a true idea of what he looks like so watch Profit Muhammed will end up being Kathy Lee Gifert or some one bizzar like that.[/quote:08710]

I'm guessing he looks like the stereotypical Arab. Black hair, dark eyes, brown skin and hairy. How else would he look?
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
makki

Postby makki » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:16 pm

It's said Muhammad has shoulder length wavy black hair, a light beard (not as long as bin laden or other extremists), fairly tanned. But no one really knows for sure.
Don't know about the hairy thing, because as some arabs are really hairy, others (like myself) arn't hairy.
Just watched the episode again, and it still cracks me up.
The_Paper_Boy

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:38 pm

I think there has been a question about this but I can't find it anywhere, so I'll ask here instead of making a new topic. And I can't be bothered to go find it.

What's the song called just after Kyle has that dream about Ike and Kyle getting killed. And Kyle goes and says that he wants to help Cartman?

Edit; It doesn't matter.
Last edited by The_Paper_Boy on Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bunnasoo

Postby bunnasoo » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:47 pm

makki wrote:It's said Muhammad has shoulder length wavy black hair, a light beard (not as long as bin laden or other extremists), fairly tanned. But no one really knows for sure.
Don't know about the hairy thing, because as some arabs are really hairy, others (like myself) arn't hairy.
Just watched the episode again, and it still cracks me up.

Who really knows what ANYBODY looked like before the days of good portrait painting and photography? I can see the point of banning images of him, because any image a person makes would be a product of their own imagination and prejudices, not a reflection of what the person actually looked like, e.g. white-skinned red-haired Jesus (Jesus was a Daywalker!)

I feel really bad for you that your religion has been hijacked by violent lunatics just like Christianity has. I think it's really cool that as a Muslim you can laugh at South Park. This is what I think is so beautiful and astoundingly unique about what Matt & Trey manage to pull off; creating a highly political show that everybody from Ann Coulter to Ward Churchill can laugh at, relate to and learn from. I'm sure they'd hate this label, but they are true bridge builders in a hopelessly divided world, and that's pretty damn cool.

Bonnie
themissingpatient

Postby themissingpatient » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:22 pm

Yeah Bonnie!! You said it.

Listen as strange as this may seem, like I have mentioned before, I am a Canadian and a Christian, so for the entire nine years I've been watching the show I/people like me get shite on all the time by South Park, and you know what, IT'S FUNNY!

As for Jesus killing Iraqi's in "Red Sleigh Down" I laughed my ass off. Satan and Jesus fought in the ring in Season 1 and I thought that was brilliantly funny. The only time I took offense is when Cartman said at the end of Christian Hard Rock, "F*** Jesus" Now why don't they have Cartman saying "f*ck Muhommed" or "f*ck Scientology" or even "f*ck all the Mormons"?? Because it 's not funny, South Park lives off of offending people in a silly irrelevent way, saying "f*ck (something/someone)" is easy, unoriginal, and not funny, just plain offensive.

I also said before that if there is part 2 (please don't let it happen; no part two= Lot's of pissed off people= even funnier!!) Matt and Trey will do something we are not expecting. No visitors, no crab people, no proffessor chaos, no towlie, ect... And I feel it is only fair they shite on Muhammed like they have with all other religious figures.

Thank you.
J. Tyler
Misty_Park_3R

Postby Misty_Park_3R » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:21 am

iceiwynd wrote:Longer posts make you look a lot smarter. :P
Not always. ;)

bunnasoo wrote:Who really knows what ANYBODY looked like before the days of good portrait painting and photography?
Or maybe just photographs. Some old painted portraits did not depict the subject’s actual body, only their head. In order to save time, the body would be painted on the canvas ahead of time, the subject only sat long enough for the face to be added; and because of this, on occasion, the head would not be in correct proportion with the body.
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:05 am

I don't think this season is as strong as the first five, but it still has its funny moments. I actually got the chance to see it on Thursday, and this episode really made me think. Kudos to M&T for a deep episode reflecting recent events in the news!

The problem is the sensitivity that depictions of religious icons create. Seriously, how much media has ripped on Jesus before? I can name several-- South Park, Family Guy, The Simpsons, SNL, the movie Dogma, the Onion, and I'm guessing there's a lot more where that came from.

I'm a Catholic, but I don't get all pissy whenever they start making fun of Jesus or Catholicism. I'll be honest--I find it somewhat offensive, but Catholicism is not the only denomination of Christianity, and Christianity is not the only religion in the world. Iceiwynd made an excellent point with her example of non-kosher meals. That's basically what the portrayals of Muhammad were like. I still think that people should respect one another's faith, though, but not to an extreme. People sshould be able to laugh at themselves and their own religions.

That's my two cents. Sorry if what I said might have been offensive or insulting to anyone.
luxurious

Postby luxurious » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:51 am

The show was funny. I'm not a hardcore fan of south park, just a casual fan so I don't nitpick like some of you tend to do. I enjoyed the episode, I thought it was brilliant and it had me crackin' up. I like Family Guy but also find it hilarious when it's ripped on. Family Guy characters are not likeable, tend to be absurd in one way or another, it's a total rip off the Simpsons, and the random parts can be a bit stupid at times. I like the show for what it is though. But I love South Park. Good job Matt & Trey! Can't wait for part 2!
synapticjunction

Postby synapticjunction » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:22 am

Comparing South Park to Family Guy is like comparing apples to oranges; one is centered around four 8 eight year old boys in South Park Colorado, while the other is a slightly more off-the-wall family centered comedy set in Rhode Island, which necessarily changes the structure of the plot and the nature of the comedy.

If it's all in good humor, and if Matt and Trey would sit down and have a beer with Seth McFarlane, it would be all good. It seems like the show is going in an overtly "angry" direction, probably residue from the Chef/Isaac Hayes debacle.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”