*1012: Go God Go*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:34 am

Well, I could definitely see the Spore gaming appealing to Cartman. getting to play God? He tried to do that with the sea people too. Somehow I think the episode will have Cartman getting lost in time. The game will be the initial reason, but that won\'t be the focus of the episode.

It could be rather funny to see them mock creationism. I just hope that they don\'t get too preachy in the episode and keep it funny.
BatJelly

Postby BatJelly » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:17 pm

Yeah, it does look like this one will be the episode they hinted at on Nightline.

And Matt's reluctance to admit a belief in god (during the interview) combined with Trey's pejorative misunderstandings about atheism may make it an interesting episode.
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:39 pm

I'm 96% sure the game will be based on Spore. I mean, it's a game of Intelligent Design where you play God that is the most anticipated game of next year. What else could it be?

I'm loving the "part two." If I had my way, a "part one" would come sometime next season when none of us are expecting it. But I doubt that will happen.

My view on evolution: I don't like how Christians think this basic science does anything to discount the existence of God. All it does is discount the Watchmaker argument. Big deal. If your faith is strong enough, you don't need such proof. A truly great sculptor leaves no fingerprints.
cartman's girl

Postby cartman's girl » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:23 pm

Sounds like a great episode........did I miss part I?? :?
-I'll stop making sigs for a while
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:32 pm

I predict there will be no contentious arguments over inteligent design/evolution in this thread.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:06 pm

I'm really, REALLY excited for this. It's funny, because just yesterday I was thinking how awesome it would be if they made an episode where the boys-or at least one of them- traveled through time, and then this morning I check the new episode discription and whattya know? I mean, I guess it was inevitable, but still, how awesome it that!?!?

Anyway, yes, this whole, "Part two" thing really has me confused, and extremely anxious to see the episode. My guess is they'll make a part one next week explaining some events of this episode. I'm just hoping Cartman doesn't consume the majority of this episode, but I'm doubting it.

So anyway, I'm extremely excited, I also have a feeling this has been planned out for a while. This episode seems like it could possibly generate a suffiant amount of hype. We will have to wait and see I guess, in the mean time I'll be anxously checking for any clips that they may post. :D
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:34 pm

Oh sh*t. Creationism Vs. Evolution. I'm not even going into those threads when the time comes. I stayed the hell away from the 9/11 megathread after 1010 and I'm doing the same with this.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:52 pm

cartman's girl wrote:Sounds like a great episode........did I miss part I?? :?

No, I think they may be referencing something in the episode, I’m not sure really.

I’ve heard about Spore, and it looks pretty sweet.

But yeah, the ep looks pretty neat. Judging from the preview pic I’d say Cartman gets himself into quite a pickle. Sounds like a fun watch!
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:20 pm

...Part...II? What?! I'm sooo confused. D: Could this possibly mean this episode will be a two-parter, and they're calling this one Part II to confuse the f*ck out of us? Hmm...then again, maybe I'm jut over analyzing the title too much.

This episode looks really good though. Time travel and evolution all wrapped into one episode (possibly two? I have no idea.)

I dunno, I'm honestly very confused. My perplexity makes me all the more eager to see this episode on Wednesday, though. I can't wait until it airs.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:28 pm

Yeah, the title is very confusing. Perhaps because it's a time-traveling thing it'll be told in flashback. I'm not sure.

I think this should be pretty good. I've been looking forward to this episode since they announced on Nightline that they were gonna do it.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
Dude Cartman Rocks

Postby Dude Cartman Rocks » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Heh, somehow I like the fact they called in Part II, It makes it more interesting.
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:56 pm

DevilAngel16 wrote:I dunno, I'm honestly very confused. My perplexity makes me all the more eager to see this episode on Wednesday, though. I can't wait until it airs.

Exactly, the confusion makes me want to see it even more, and this episode certainly raises many questions. Not only is the title confuzzling, but the whole premise of the episode seems really crazy. (Yet again, when isn't South Park crazy? :) ) I really, really can't wait for this, I hope they put up a clip tonight. ^__^

It says somewhere in the episode discription that Cartman's new addiction is killing him. I wonder what that's gonna mean, and if someone is gonna have to save his life.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:59 pm

crazyQH wrote:It says somewhere in the episode discription that Cartman's new addiction is killing him. I wonder what that's gonna mean, and if someone is gonna have to save his life.

Where's it say that? I don't see it.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:01 pm

crazyQH wrote: I hope they put up a clip tonight.

They usually don't do that until tuesday or wednesday.

Where's it say that? I don't see it.

Completely Read the press release here:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/news/index.php?tab=10

Here's a quote:
From tomorrow's Comedy Central Press Release:
Cartman's latest obsession is literally killing him in an all-new episode of "South Park" on Wednesday, November 1 at 10:00 P.M. on Comedy Central
Demon_spwan

Postby Demon_spwan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:57 pm

I think since an episode about how cartman alterd time first it would be part 2 then part 1

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”