*1012: Go God Go*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:29 am

*sigh*

It looks like this episode is going to be rather preachy. Kinda disappointing, they had been doing pretty good about that for a while. Now with the name change, it appears they don\\\'t even know what to do with the episode. That could be bad, but then again, I liked a lot of the ones that they said they rushed on.
MyGod

Postby MyGod » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:31 am

By the looks of things, Cartman freezes himself for too long and ends up well into the future where evolution has since occured. Maybe Cartman assumes the position of god in the future? :?
This could be the end of the world... of warcraft
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:20 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:*sigh*

It looks like this episode is going to be rather preachy. Kinda disappointing, they had been doing pretty good about that for a while. Now with the name change, it appears they don\\\'t even know what to do with the episode. That could be bad, but then again, I liked a lot of the ones that they said they rushed on.

My thoughts exactly.

I generally don't like the episodes that they take an issue and debate it. South Park is becoming a political-oriented show, and lord knows we have plenty of those.

Whatever happened to the episodes Trey said he liked, where the boys are just being boys? We haven't had one of those in this entire season.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:39 am

The more I think about it, the more this name change is bothering me. It could be an indication that they decided to drop some of the side story, or perhaps altogether, in favor of going after the creationism thing. This could be a very bad sign, possibly indicating this will be the preachiest episode since TITC.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:20 pm

All right I am starting a petition to put an end to all non-ironic, non-funny online sighs. They add nothing to my desire to finish reading your post, and in most cases they lead me to reading your post using one of the faggoty smug alert voices.

THANKS!!

By the way, perhaps the name change is indicative that this episode is evolving.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:25 pm

Looks like another preachy ep, I agree. Doesn't necesserily mean it's bad though. Cartoon Wars was a brilliant preachy ep. Urinal Deuce...not bad, but I'd rather not have too many episodes like that. With any luck, the Cartman storyline will be so good that it won't matter how preachy the rest of the episode is.

I'm glad they're changing the name. The original name was sh*t.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:30 pm

But I liked "Part Two." It was confusing and thus unsafe. :(

Of course, not having a title at all makes it even less safe, so who am I to complain?
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:55 pm

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:The more I think about it, the more this name change is bothering me. It could be an indication that they decided to drop some of the side story, or perhaps altogether, in favor of going after the creationism thing. This could be a very bad sign, possibly indicating this will be the preachiest episode since TITC.

Ugh, same here. The whole title changing thing is driving me insane. I hope the new title is posted soon so I don't have to keep obsessing over it.

Anyway, I'm hoping that this episode won't be too "preachy and up its own ass with messages," but it looks as though it could be. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. I mean, look at Cartoon Wars. Both Part I and Part II turned out very well, despite the fact that they were preachy. The entire two-parter was extremely well written, and it had a powerful message in the end. Sure, the preachy episodes stir up a lot of controversy, but we need episodes like that once in a while. Episodes such as TITC prove that Matt and Trey have balls, and that they aren't afraid to voice their opinions.

...Either way, I can't wait until this episode airs. I just want it to be tomorrow night sooo badly. D:
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:21 pm

Hey, it almost looks as if Cartman is letting the free bird fly (flipping someone off) in the picture. Does anyone else see it?!
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:51 pm

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:Hey, it almost looks as if Cartman is letting the free bird fly (flipping someone off) in the picture. Does anyone else see it?!

Ha! I thought I was the only one who noticed that. XDD Wow, glad I'm not the only one.

And yes, the fact that it's Tuesday night and there is still no definate title is making me nervous. Has anyone seen any commercials for it?
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:17 pm

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:Whatever happened to the episodes Trey said he liked, where the boys are just being boys? We haven't had one of those in this entire season.

Tsst? Make Love, Not Warcraft? That's fairly, um... boys being boys.

dgjidfjd. This title change has got me going NUTS. D: I am worried over it, and while worry about this might be a good thing... it's still a bad thing. Uncertainty is a better word. I mean, I'm still sure it'll be good... Just that right now I'm confused as hell as to what's going on. Pretty big "wtf" moments, basically.

Still no title, on a Tuesday evening-ish. Wow.
seppdogg

Postby seppdogg » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:22 pm

This is going to be a great episode. With the title being changed, it keeps us viewers in anticipation. A big build up to another great episode in season 10. Can't wait :P
"We have been hearing reports the Clyde Donovan has only one testicle!" "Haha... One testicle! HaHa, what an assh*le!!"
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:47 pm

iceiwynd wrote:
Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:Whatever happened to the episodes Trey said he liked, where the boys are just being boys? We haven't had one of those in this entire season.

Tsst? Make Love, Not Warcraft? That's fairly, um... boys being boys

Tsst didn't involve all the boys nearly enough. IIRC Stan, Kyle and Kenny were in like 2 scenes.

But I'll give you Make Love, Not Warcraft.

Still not enough, though.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:53 pm

Ehh, at the very least, Tsst wasn't political. I think that's a bit more what I was talking about there.

I'm not too bothered about an episode being preachy, I'm not gonna go get up my own ass about hoping it not be. Maybe that's just because I tend to agree with them all the time? I dunno, but Cartoon Wars is my favourite episode, and that's a fuckload of preachiness.
MyGod

Postby MyGod » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:38 pm

Let's be positive. Maybe they changed the name and episode to make it less preachy and up its own ass.
This could be the end of the world... of warcraft

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”