*1105: Fantastic Easter Special*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:01 pm

Big-Will wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:Someone wanna elaborate more into the Da Vinci Code thing? I haven't read the book/seen the movie at all, I've pretty much steered clear of the whole thing, so if someone wants to lay it out so others might get the parody (if it's there) then that'd be awesome. :B

Basically, that there's a secret organization inside the Catholic Church that's keeping the true history of Jesus hidden from everyone else:

Jesus didn't die on the cross. He married Mary Magdalene and had children, thus creating a family tree that continues to this day, and that one of His descendants is a woman somewhere in Europe.

Of course, now that that's out there, the secret organization's purpose is nullified, right?

Yeah. You're talking about this because it sort of reminds me of the dream sequences in The Last Temptation of Christ. Good fictional story, yo! 8)

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)
danielprive6

Postby danielprive6 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:17 pm

Fantastic eater episode----Fantastic four 2 (new movie comming soon)

see the connextion?
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:41 pm

[center]IT'S A "FANTASTIC EASTER SPECIAL"
ON AN ALL-NEW "SOUTH PARK" ON
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 4 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL®
[/center]
NEW YORK, April 2, 2007 -- Stan refuses to decorate another Easter egg in an all-new "South Park" entitled, "Fantastic Easter Special," premiering on Wednesday, April 4 at 10:00 p.m. (ET/PT) on COMEDY CENTRAL.

Stan just wants someone to explain what eggs have to do with Jesus dying for his sins. Determined to get the real story behind all of the eggs and bunnies that are part of the Easter ritual, Stan and Kyle fall in with an eccentric society that guards a legendary secret.

Launched in 1997, "South Park," now in its 11th season, remains the highest-rated series on COMEDY CENTRAL. "South Park" repeats Wednesdays at 12:00 a.m., Thursdays at 10:00 p.m. and 12:30 a.m., Fridays at 12:00 a.m. and Sundays at 11:00 p.m. (all times ET/PT).

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are co-creators and executive producers of the Emmy and Peabody Award-winning "South Park" with Anne Garefino as executive producer. "South Park's" Web site is http://www.southparkstudios.com.

COMEDY CENTRAL, the only all-comedy network, currently is seen in more than 91 million homes nationwide. COMEDY CENTRAL is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned division of VIACOM Inc.'s (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B) MTV Networks. COMEDY CENTRAL's Internet address is http://www.comedycentral.com. For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit COMEDY CENTRAL's press web site at http://www.comedycentral.com/press.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:42 pm

The first thing that came to mind when I read about this on Sunday night was the storyline relating to The Da Vinci Code, but I have a feeling that it might not relate that much to it. Maybe it'll have a reference or two at max but I don't think it'll focus completely on The Da Vinci Code. Besides, I think they've already parodied (kinda) that in a reference in one of the last season's episodes. But, I could be wrong - so I guess it's a matter of finding out.
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
deputy_fife111

Postby deputy_fife111 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:52 pm

I hope they incorporate cartman into this episode.

This sounds like it might also have a funny role for randy in it.
Last edited by deputy_fife111 on Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? -George Carlin
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:16 pm

Hmm, so Jesus dyed eggs for your sins? :roll: :D

As you might expect me to say, this would be a perfect opportunity to expand on Kenny's character. What if it turns out that he is, in fact, a living descendant of Jesus and Mary Magdalene? It would certainly explain his supernatural ability to resurrect himself whenever he is killed, as well as his role in saving the world from the forces of hell (twice). But I suppose that's just wishful thinking.
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:18 pm

Jesus did die on the cross in Da Vinci Code, but not before he knocked up Mary M.

Anyway, before the "bunnies at Easter" thing goes underway, let me share an excerpt from the Book of Biff:

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal wrote:He was gloriously drunk. "Know what?" [Jesus] said. "I love bunnies. They toil not, neither do they bark. Henceforth and from now on, I decree that whenever something bad happens to me, there shall be bunnies around. So shall it be written. Go ahead Biff, write it down."
danielprive6

Postby danielprive6 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:21 pm

you goddam white sh*t british piece of sh*t from england go stuff your face with fish and chips goddam english british thing. If you still had a nose i would bite it fucken off.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:43 pm

nall wrote:Stan just wants someone to explain what eggs have to do with Jesus dying for his sins.

Stan's right. What the hell does an egg laying rabbit have to do with the biblical story of the resurrection? I don't recall anyone ever telling me what the connection allegedly was.

Maybe it evolved from some kind of Pagan ritual that fell at this time of year? It's pretty close to the equinox, after all. And they did randomly decree Christmas to be 25 December in order to usurp pagan solstice celebrations.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:02 pm

haha gotta love an episode with a self-praising adjective built into the title.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:02 pm

Looks interesting.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:44 pm

danielprive6 wrote:Fantastic eater episode

...what???

:cartmanevillaugh:
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:14 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
nall wrote:Stan just wants someone to explain what eggs have to do with Jesus dying for his sins.

Stan's right. What the hell does an egg laying rabbit have to do with the biblical story of the resurrection? I don't recall anyone ever telling me what the connection allegedly was.

Maybe it evolved from some kind of Pagan ritual that fell at this time of year? It's pretty close to the equinox, after all. And they did randomly decree Christmas to be 25 December in order to usurp pagan solstice celebrations.

Yeah, they got it from the Egyptians and their springtime festival rituals, among other things.

Where do those eggs come out of anyway?
Ahopper

Postby Ahopper » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:16 pm

As a matter of fact, you're not far off on that. You see eggs and rabbits both represent fertility; eggs because they are the starting point of all life (kind of putting this in my own words here) and rabbits because....well, you know how rabbits like to...hehehe...and there was a pagan fertility goddess who had a holiday around this time. See the connection?

Anyway, you can find a Wikipedia article about the holiday at this URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter
I haven't read it myself, but I skimmed it. Interesting....
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:02 pm

I do believe triplemultiplex was being facetious.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”