*1105: Fantastic Easter Special*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Hamster at Dawn

Postby Hamster at Dawn » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:32 pm

Well the episode doesn't sound too great to me but it's nice to know that Stan's still alive.

Postby discipleofhankey » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:56 pm

Kenny with the most in common? Hmmm, his potty mouth doesn't translate, and he'd have to re-think his take on his Great, great, great, great (ad nauseum) grandmother, the "virgin" Mary. (- "Fellatio ain't no sin!, go on and blow ...")

"Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process and the innards are discouraging to any but the pure scientific mind."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:36 pm

I didn't say they were identical, I said they had the most in common. He came from humble beginnings and has been raised in poverty. He is typically the kindest of the four main boys, and will help his friends without question. He has been killed and resurrected (numerous times) and is often willing to sacrifice his life for the greater good. In the South Park movie he saved the world from Hell by convincing Satan to turn back, and in the episode "Best Friends Forever" he played a key role in saving Heaven from an invasion by the legions of Hell.

And yeah, based on the canon gospels Jesus wasn't exactly a pervert, but who knows? A lot of the details about his sex life never made the final cut, according to the theory in Code. :D

Postby solidviper » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:47 pm

I'm really glad this is a Stan centered Ep. It seems as if his dad will get a lot of time as well which i love.

I need a break from the Cartman centered Eps. some of my favorite ones are ones where he is barely in them

Postby danielprive6 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:03 pm

man that episode was hilarious lol it was one of the top episodes this season

Postby deputy_fife111 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:37 pm

danielprive6 wrote:man that episode was hilarious lol it was one of the top episodes this season

Totaly agree. Great episode, top 1 or 2 episodes of the season thus far. There idea on why we have easter was hilarious and parts with jesus were very funny. My favorite part was when all the "rabits" were chasing stan down the street. First role Randy has gotten since With apoligzes to Jesse jackson the first ep of the season so glad to see him in it again. Great ep 9.5/10
Last edited by deputy_fife111 on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? -George Carlin

Postby SouthEcko2172 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:40 pm

That episode wasn't really funny... With a topic about Easter and painting eggs, they could have done sooo much better. That's great material in itself, but the whole Hare Club For Men thing, and the bunny as the Pope... Not funny. I expected more from this episode. Pretty big disappointment.

I'm really not a fan of the serious tone and extremely detailed artwork and animation. It seems like every episode has to be a parody of some sort and overly dramatic. I hope they make more classic episodes in the upcoming episodes like they used to. This is one of my favorite shows, but they need to go back to their roots and stop making these overly dramatic, movie plotline stories.

Postby Ahopper » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:44 pm

Jesus returns to South Park! It was so awesome to see such a classic character after so many seasons. I mean, if you think about it, Jesus is the oldest character on the show. He is the only character to be in BOTH Spirit of Christmas skits (which, to those of you who may not know the history of this show, was what started it all), and also maintain his identity. Even in Jesus VS Frosty (the VERY FIRST South Park cartoon), the four boys only SLIGHTLY resembled the four we know now. So it's really cool to see him back again.

Postby k0k0them0nkey » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:44 pm

I disagree. I've been watching since the beginning and this is the first episode in a long time to make me giddy like a little girl to see more of it. They could have turned the idea into a movie if they wanted. Anyways, I really liked it as you can tell. Enough to make me sign up for an account.

Postby prongs43 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:00 pm

I thought this episode was one of the best so far, next to The Snuke. And now that they've brought Jesus back, maybe they'll give Kenny his role back too.

Postby DamnitBillyStanGranpa » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:05 pm

Best this season, by far. It had the feeling of the older ep. I loved seeing Jesus again. And if was nice to see less of Cartman, even thought he is my favorite.

I wonder if Cartman will find out that Kyle killed Jesus>

Postby Thrawny » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:07 pm

this one was ok...the only thing that made me like it was the mesage/moral at the end.

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:41 pm

Ahaha, that was FANTASTIC! They're great at describing their own episodes.

Oh man, I'm so happy they included Bill Donohue, especially since he was JUST making death threats about a hotel putting up a chocolate Jesus. This is perfect. It's totally within the realms of realism here, sadly enough. XD

The end was awesome once it REALLY picked up. The inclusion of Jesus again makes me really, really happy. I... When Stan was first praying I didn't expect him to come, but he did eventually later, and I'm so happy! I missed Jesus. :D

Kyle killing Jesus = AWESOME. "Eric Cartman can never know about this." Ohh man. That was amazing.

I cracked up the most at "rabbit stew". That was brilliant. That made me very happy.

The beginning was especially creepy. Like, not even with just Stan being chased (although that was creepy, too), but even with the first guy talking on the phone. XD So FREAKY. But the whole beginning, even right from the first scene... I love Randy there. XD

Nice to see all of Stan's family, too, actually. And for the Billy line to come back.

Peter Rabbit. XD That's great. Ninjas, too... random bits of violence... peeps exploding...

Aah, I loved it. I'm trying to think of what else and I'm just having a hard time here. XD But the end was the best part of it all... about the time when Jesus popped up.

OH OH OH. And the whole pope. I'm happy that they protrayed him as a reasonable being, realizing that these things Donohue is after aren't very Christain-like... Oh man, that last one. XD "I'm pretty sure killing Jesus isn't very Christain-like." I... aah.

Good message, good story, good jokes, veeerryyy little Cartman. That's a bit of a surprise considering the role that they've been on, but hell, this had Jesus back. I'm happy.

I loved this episode. Seriously. That was great. I want my AVI to finish downloading already.

And Snowball was adorable. And Jesus is SUPER f*cking badass.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:52 pm

prongs43 wrote:I thought this episode was one of the best so far, next to The Snuke. And now that they've brought Jesus back, maybe they'll give Kenny his role back too.

Yeah, hopefully. I mean, Kenny can do that trick too. About 85 times so far. :D

This episode seemed to rely very heavily on puns. "Hare Club for Men", "Peter Rabbit", "Mr. Teabag", "double cross", etc. Still, it made me laugh every single time they did. The timing was just perfect, and they didn't overdo it.

I'd been wondering when they would get around to doing a parody of Code. They're about a year late for the movie's theatrical release, but at least they took the time to think it through, rather than putting out a rush job. Even though I saw the scene with the Peeps coming, I still couldn't help but laugh.

Also, it's good to have JC back. "I thought you died-- in Iraq!" AND we got to see him kill people Blade style. I don't know if Kyle will ever live that up though.

Great moral at the end too.

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:53 pm

Jesus Christ! That was awesome! Best of season thusfar!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”