*1106: D-Yikes!*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Haruko666

Postby Haruko666 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:28 pm

the l word papraody when garrison was in the bathroom was awsome.
JBL Is Unbeatable
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:02 pm

I will agree with most of you that the parodies of movies have gone a bit overboard. They are using them as a substitute for real creativity in creating their own plotlines. And it creates another problem: you have to have actually seen the media parodied in order to get some laughs out of the episode. I imagine a lot of people who haven't seen 300 were like "WTF?" about pretty much the whole Persian subplot. Although almost every episode nowadays is a parody of some movie or TV show, it can still be funny when properly done.

But seriously guys, try making up some of your own stuff, like in the old days.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:11 pm

I told ya that Garrison would get so gay that heshe'd circle back around to straight.

I think the slo-mo stuff was a little over done too. I mean yeah, the "This... is... Les Bos!!!" crotch kick was funny, and so was the Mr. Coffee scene, but the rest of it was crap.

And I thought that Xersis would be a former woman, not a cross dressing one.

Aym_Dand wrote:And just so you know, I'm dying, everyone. Dying of a horrible chronic disease. A chronic disease called Depression. And there's no Red Cross or United Way for us, so if anyone wants to help me live out my dream of testing out whether sliding my dick into the middle of some hot Scissor action is even physically possible, and then find out if you can keep doing it until I climax, and you live in the Los Angeles area, please do this dying man a favor and send me a private message.

All right, well, good work Team South Park. I'm gonna go poke a toke and then sexually defile the gap between my mattress and my bedspring.

Be well, wealthy and wise.

That was the hardest I've laughed at reading anything on these boards in a looong time. Thank you.
(ps, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's tried to impregnate their Posturepedic.)

Edit:
Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:Haha, I loved it. XD I've been waiting for lesbians to get a part in SP and I thought it was accurate enough... um can I ask an awkward question? Does sissors count as sex? Cause you know I'm just wondering sort of randomly////// O_O;;

I dunno. You may have to research that and report back to us. Just don't research too hard, or you may get stuck together.
Last edited by BRMBug on Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KyleSchwartz#1

Postby KyleSchwartz#1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:26 pm

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:I will agree with most of you that the parodies of movies have gone a bit overboard. They are using them as a substitute for real creativity in creating their own plotlines. And it creates another problem: you have to have actually seen the media parodied in order to get some laughs out of the episode. I imagine a lot of people who haven't seen 300 were like "WTF?" about pretty much the whole Persian subplot. Although almost every episode nowadays is a parody of some movie or TV show, it can still be funny when properly done.

But seriously guys, try making up some of your own stuff, like in the old days.

Most comedy is parody, whether it is of movies, tv, or real life situations. They never really made up anything in the "old days", they were just satarizing what it is like to live in a small "hick" town. Now that they don't live in Colorado that much anymore, that influence is gone. Now they sit at home watching movies while "scissoring". :lol:

And as for people who haven't seen 300 not get that parody, I have to disagree with you too. When a movie is declared "hot" by the studios and media, they tend to tell you practically everything about it. Anyone who watches any TV could get the movie from the ads and from reviews in the papers, etc. I didn't see the movie yet, but I got the joke. I think others did too. Anyway, I don't think they would parody something that wasn't embedded in pop culture already, so most people will be slightly familiar with the parody.
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:10 pm

Well this 1 was pretty much half & half for me folks. I mean, if the beginning was stretched out into an entire episode, this would definitely be the best so far for this season but unfortunately it wasn't.

The scissoring brought tears of laughter to my eyes and when Garrison yelled "You Kicked Me Right In The Pussy", I literally woke up neighbors! I even enjoyed the boys' scene with the mexicans, just for the simple fact that it's oh so rare that they're all together at once anymore. And when Butters said "You Have To Be Careful With Scissors", I thought that was the best 1-liner he's ever said!

All of a sudden, after the first commercial, I heard the doorbell ring & "Boredom" soon arrived at my doorstep towards the Persian scene and pretty much took over from there the rest of the way. 1 thing I've noticed about this season is that the endings seem to be cut short & very effortless. Like M&T run out of ideas so they try to cram anything in at the last minute, just to complete it on time and get it to CC immediately. I give this 1 a 7.5/10 (A 9.5 for the first 10 minutes).

Well sorry for being a dildo to everybody but I must honestly say that so far, this is the weakest season half I've ever encountered. Lice Capades & Easter Special were the best yet in my book. Hope 1107 works magic so I can wait til October arrives satisfied.

FREE KENNY!
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:49 pm

That was...really weird. XD But I cracked up during a few parts.

I dunno...it made a lot more sense toward the beginning of the episode. I loved the opening scene; it was the one in the commercial. :B It was hilarious when Ms. Garrison was talking about men being unable to keep their penises in their pants. And Butters’ line. XD “It only slips out when I wear my pajamas.” Or something like that. :B

And then there’s the gym scene. Wow, the one time they ever actually use my name on the show...and the character is a dyke. XD Still, I just thought it was cool to hear them say the name Alison. :B

And the ‘girl club’. XD I’m gonna be honest; I didn’t realize that the name ‘Les Bos’ was a play on the word ‘lesbos’ until they actually called it that. XD Even when they showed the sign, I didn’t even realize it said ‘lesbos’. Maybe that was just me, though. I didn’t get the joke at first. XD

Oh God, another funny scene was the conversation Alison and Janet – now we know that Ms. Garrison’s name is no longer Herbert XD – were having in the bathroom. “Unless they just kinda...scissor or something.” And the way she was demonstrating it with her fingers. XD Wow...

And let’s not forget about the boys. Once again, I’m not gonna lie, I was hoping that they’d get a little more screen time. They had more airtime during the beginning, and then we didn’t see them until the very end. That was the main disappointment for me. But the airtime that they did receive was good. Who would have thought that the ‘people-for-hire’ were Mexicans. XD I loved the way Cartman, and Ms. Garrison later on, were whistling as if they were dogs. XDD Those Mexicans were great. “I wrote mi essay, but I don’t think he got it yet.” Or whatever. And Jimmy was one of the ‘essays’. XD

And then there’s the second scene in the classroom...”I’m gay!” “...Again?” Oh yeah, and that whole ‘dyke fight’ part was hilarious as well. “You kicked me right in the pussy!” XD

But, anyway, it started getting weird once those Persians came. It was just so random. And, unfortunately, I’ve never seen 300, so I was clueless about all of the references made about it. I'm guessing the slow-mo stuff was supposed to parody it in some way. I dunno, I just didn’t understand it. The slow motion things were kinda funny though, because they were just simple tasks but they tried to dramatize it so much. XD I thought the funniest one was with the coffee. Well, that and the first one when Ms. Garrison kicked that Persian dude in the balls. The way she was walking away in slow motion. XD They kinda overdid it a bit, but ah well.

Ha, and that head Persian. I can’t even remember her name. XD I was surprised that it was really a woman. It’s voice was so manly and deep, but that's what made it funny.

And the very ending back in the classroom was good. The Mexicans teaching fractions..."Yeah, I'm actually learning something." XD

Anyway, I definitely enjoyed the first half of the episode the most, chiefly because we got to see more of the boys then. This episode was pretty good, but I'm definitely gonna have to watch it a second time in order to like it more.

And now there's only one episode left of the run. D: I'm hoping that it will involve all four boys equally. So far there hasn't been a single episode this run where all four of them were the main focus. I...I just really want one. ><
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:33 pm

Hysterical Episode.

That's right nappy headed ho's, I said Hysterical Episode. I laughed my ass off and wasn't offended or turned off by the amount of vulgarity or nontopical subject matter.

southparkstudios.com wrote: And as P.A. Mike said in today's entry of the Production Blog (4/10), "if you don't like this week's episode then go to a hospital immediately, because something is wrong."
Cool_Shan

Postby Cool_Shan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:49 pm

This was absouloutely f*cking hilarious. This episode is the second best of the season!!! Its f*cking made me laugh sooo hard.
This was a great episode in-all the slow mom parts were hilarious and the:
"You should be careful with scissors!" from Butters was soo funny.
Big Will wrote:
Goddamn you people suck. Especially Cool_Shan
candies

Postby candies » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:52 pm

This episode was too funny and enormous for me. I loved the beginning when Mrs. Garrison slam her books and saying “sit down and shut the f*ck up” and said that mans are alike. Than she called Stan “sugartits” and give all the class a homework assignment

Cartman speaks Mexicans! Although, in the episode “rainforest schmainforest” he speaks Spanish so did Mr. Macky. Anyway I loved the part when the Mexicans saying the word “feesh”. Also the scene where Mrs. Garrison and Allison where having sex or the way Mrs. Garrison says it “scissored me timbers” had me thinking in my head when I’m watching South Park.

I’ll give a 10/10. “Scissored me timbers” – Mrs. Garrison
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
djadonis206

Postby djadonis206 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:14 pm

9.99999 out of 10 for sure!!!

Les Bos <-- I didn't get that at first but man

the play on 300 and I've never even seen the movie was great

The Persians killed me...but I think this was the funniest episode with Mrs. Garrison as the somewhat main topic. Follow that egg sucked

At least now I know I'm not the only one who wonders how lesbians have intercourse

Oh Scissor me, yeah scissor me!
"...So Long Balls!"
chad_elbert

Postby chad_elbert » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:15 pm

abcbcdcdef wrote:I wonder did M&T hired mexicans to write the script of this week's SP for them, it's no big suprise for garrison to become lesbian and the ending is easy to guess.
But I must say I love Butters:'You must be careful with scissors."XD

That would have been funny to somehow pan away from the episode at the end and find that Mexicans did write the episode.
It was better than I expected for a Garrison story... Go God Go! is among the top three best...
djadonis206

Postby djadonis206 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:18 pm

FYI Cartman also speaks spanish in "My future self and me"

La morado, spackle, morado...

it seems Cartman is fluent in Spanish
"...So Long Balls!"
solidviper

Postby solidviper » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:19 pm

This is hands down the best episode of the season so far.

The 300 parody was perfect.

The Mexicans were hillarious.

Xerxes was dead on.

And Ms. Garrison is funny as always!!!
[img:00819]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6105/southparksigqq4.png[/img:00819]
KateLovesKyle16

Postby KateLovesKyle16 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:51 pm

Oh I loved this episode ^_^ Its was funny as hell, I watched it with my gf we where laughing our asses off. I loved when she said, "Class I'm gay" and they where like "Again..." I guess no matter what Garrison is he or she wants to be gay^_^ One of the gay chicks had the same name as me... a little weird but sweet. the fight scene was hilarious, I overall give this episode 10/10 way to go Matt and Trey!!!!
[img:31e77]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/Southpark2007/gg.png[/img:31e77]
eatmydeaduterus

Postby eatmydeaduterus » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:36 pm

Well that just does it, I've had ENOUGH. They went too far this time.
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH GOLD CURTAIN RAILS.
Look at my stunning living room curtain rail
[img:64e29]http://i11.tinypic.com/3466xw5.jpg[/img:64e29]
Laaaavely. And then I sit down to see my beloved decor TRASHED before my VERY EYES. Well, I've had it. I've put south park dvds and locks of hair that I bought off ebay in the bin. I'm off down the pub to sit in the corner looking mad and loudly tutting, until someone finally bites and asks me what's wrong. "What's WRONG?" I'll say. "I'll tell you what's facking wrong!" etc etc

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”