*1810: #HappyHolograms* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Site Admin

*1810: #HappyHolograms* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: *1810: #HappyHolograms* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:32 pm

This episode was good. Good followup to the last episode.

I'll really miss you guys. See you in September.
Stan and Kyle :)

Postby kittymccormick » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:37 pm

I didn't like this at all. The lead-up in Rehash gave me higher expectations. I hated that Kenny wasn't even in this episode. I was all like OMG IT'S GONNA BE MR HANKEY but then I saw it was pewdiepie and I was like ".......oh....". I also hoped MJ's hologram would have had a bigger part. This episode brought down my opinion of the last episode too. I'm really disappointed that Kenny didn't have a bigger part this season. I felt like it was the Randy/Cartman show. I love Randy. What they did with him was absolutely amazing.

*This season has been ok. Not my favorite by far.

*Gluten-Free Ebola has been my favorite episode this season.

*No one kill me.

Postby BRMBug » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:37 pm

I... eh... what? I'm gonna have to watch that a few times to figure it out.

Postby mo303564 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:38 pm

Pew Die Pie....Ugh! Really?!? :|

Anyways. The Police Scenes were pretty funny. Bill Cosby was kinda weirdly funny. The rest of the show was kinda....meh.

I was hoping to actually like see more of a holiday special. Instead I got a boatload of random sh*t. I don't know. I just wasn't impressed. Giving Cartman all the power gives you this result I guess. :roll:

Felt like a lot was left unfinished. Didn't see the end of the "Lorde" hollogram. Don't know what happens to all the hollograms now. Just kinda felt unimpressed.

The whole season was put together....and in all honestly, the entire season kinda sucked. :| Maybe I'm just losing touch. All I can say is next season needs to be better, or I'm afraid South Park is becoming more like the Simpsons....just spewing out random episodes for 20 years and they've run out of ideas :(

PS: I was expecting Jesus and/or Santa to appear when they talked about "believing" again. So yea, that sucked. :timmy: :santa:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.

Postby JamesPup » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:42 pm

9/10 I can’t believe they had Pewdiepie on the show. I wonder if this type of show will be the future? My favorite part was Kurt Cobain. He had me laughing a lot. I wish Al Pacino was in it. I didn’t see him once but only in the trailer for the show within the show. Iggy’s ass singing and farting was another great scene. I have to admit it needed Cosby to be seen having sex with Swift. I was wishing to see it. The cops joking and laughing at blacks was good. The show got weird with all the mini screens and Cartman and Pewdiepie talking. MJ should have raped someone and why he was in South Park never got mentioned fully. He was just at the old house he lived at. So in the episode IhateCartmanBra was trending and the Tv show was not being watched? I really need to watch again because I got confused with what was happening. I will miss the show. I liked this season but 10 episodes is not enough.
What seems to be the officer problem?

Postby Female345 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:08 pm

That wasn't a bad season end er and I'm just glad that it was a Holiday themed ep which hasn't been done since season 8.

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:16 pm

Man, I kept getting distracted by all the fake live tweets during the Christmas Special. On the plus side, I did notice #ihatecartmanbrah was trending before the characters in the show did.

The SP cops thinking they were hearing set ups for racist jokes had me in stitches. And somehow Fatass was less annoying this week. Odd.

This entire season was a bit of a departure from what we are used to. I enjoyed Randy's Lorde arc the most. They explored a dynamic between Randy and Shelly that hasn't been touched on before. And the guys turned the spotlight on their own business in an interesting way. Hell, that scene at the end with Stan and Kyle talking and wrapping things up; I saw that as Matt and Trey speaking to each other.

Good season, but Go Fund Yourself will be my favorite from 18.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Postby nwt000 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:21 pm

I have to admit, tonight's episode was rather disappointing, it was not at all what it was cracked up to be. I felt like they should've kept this plot in the last episode and found a quicker end to everything. An actual christmas adventure with the main five, Craig's crew, the girls or hell, even the school faculty/other adults in town would've been better than stretching out last week's story. Looking even further back, the girls' volleyball plot from Cock Magic should've had it's own episode and perhaps that would either be this week or last week's episode, with last week's show taking which ever slot the hypothetical volleyball episode didn't end up occupying. There were a few funny moments though and I also thought it was a cool twist that MJ was actually one of the good guys in this episode. I thought Kyle delivered a pretty great message and PewDiePie did a great job of upstaging Cartman, but the police punchline joke got obnoxious and trivialized such a tragic and cruel event. I also thought Trey and Matt had more respect for Robin Williams, who sang THEIR song from BLU at the Oscars in 2000. Anyways, I this episode left a sour taste in my mouth, which is really unfortunate considering we're not going to see the show again for almost another 10 months. I really do miss the seasons being a spring and a fall run of 7 episodes each, which led to more unique storylines, less of a wait between seasons and more episodes, period. I hope South Park Digital Studios (or even better, South Park Studios themselves) can give us some really cool and original off-season material like social media accounts for characters with original updates, shorts, comics, stories, merchandise and other cool stuff. Happy holidays and see you next season!

Postby BRMBug » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:53 pm

mo303564 wrote:PS: I was expecting Jesus and/or Santa to appear when they talked about "believing" again. So yea, that sucked. :timmy: :santa:

I was expecting Mr. Hankey. :/

Postby Aidsburger » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:54 pm

Ah, what a waste of my time after such a promising setup last week. This is probably the first time I'd ever say that about any South Park episode, too. I would've literally preferred Oprah's talking private parts to what this episode became.

Essentially, by the end of this, you just have PewDiePie, someone who I cannot understand the fame or appeal of, not because I'm already a "grandpa" in my early 20s but because I have an IQ score above 70, parading around in the viewers collective face as if these talentless YouTube celebrities are meant to be celebrated and promoted rather than mocked. Last week's episode, to me, felt like Matt and Trey were on the verge of delivering a brilliant commentary on the tech era and how badly it has impacted younger people's ability to focus on truly brilliant art and popular culture. Trust me, at age 22, I've seen enough morons in my own age group who are glued to social media to the extent they forget about the truly wondrous things this world has to offer, so I have earned the right be alarmed. Instead, this episode and its ending in particular felt like a blatant promotion of the worst part of the tech era - YouTube celebs. Kyle's closing speech neglected to point out that in this era, when any idiot with a microphone can become a celebrity on YouTube, the quality of the material these celebrities produce is degraded to such an extreme that it becomes moronic to call these people celebrities at all because they're not producing anything of true worth or meaning. There's a reason why so much timeless classic music - and even so much phenomenal music that might've been a bit more obscure - was recording in the 60s and 70s, and it pertains to the focus the producers had on letting the artists thrive creatively but also molding the artists' sound before just sh*tting out content. I feel like we're in an era now where content is just sh*t out, plain and simple, with no thought at all as to what the content is.

Ultimately, I do have to watch the episode again and give it some more thought after multiple viewings, but right now? The first couple of minutes were good for some cheap laughs, and the ending felt like a train wreck only an ADHD 12-year-old could appreciate which simultaneously went back on the message they started to promote last week and in turn promoted being a YouTube idiot. For M&T to rip 'Family Guy' a new one for their issues with storytelling and then come out with this kind of rushed, scatterbrained stuff is simply hypocritical, though.

Also, while I've admittedly gone back and forth on how I feel on this issue, I can't help but yearn for the simpler, laid back, carefree seasons 1-4 years, at least after all the trendy, hyper-current, social media stuff that's been permeating my favorite television show for the past few years and particularly this year. I know someone on here also mentioned that the frat boy-speak (like overuse of the word "bro") is getting old fast, too, and I tend to agree, especially because a lot of my more "intellectually challenged" friends happen to speak like that.

Lastly, if this was truly Matt and Trey's current vision of a Christmas/holiday episode, given the brilliance this show was achieved in that regard in the past, I believe it's time for them to call it a day and move on from 'South Park'. This didn't have any of the elements that made past holiday episodes so great, whether it be Mr. Hanky, the Woodland Critters, or Santa...for PewDiePie to come save the day, I fully get what they were going for and how it fit better into this episode, but there's nothing Christmas-oriented and nothing even 'South Park'-oriented about that. It didn't even make for a good or funny element to an episode. It was just one annoying idiot commenting over another.

Oh well.
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:28 am

Man, the Hulu video is crapping out on me at 14 minutes. Is it any wonder people torrent the eps???
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Postby NGC6144 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:50 am

Jesus Christ, this sucked. The worst season ever with only two half baked episodes that provided a modicum of enjoyment. And now another whole year to wait for new episodes. Wait for what? This show has become like chasing the dragon. I'm going to have to find some other trivial to look forward to.

Postby Mamont » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:56 am

What the fund was that?

This was a really good season, but the last two episodes were just terrible.

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:22 am

Boy am I ever glad I'm a 'grandma' at the ripe age of 26. This turned me off social media for a bit, even more so. I am so glad the only thing I do is comment every-so-often on youtube vids and like, two forums. I have Facebook but never do anything on it. To know that people care so much about what's hot and 'trending' and tweeting and such.... the tweets and Cartman's stupid commentary and Pewdipie's were VERY distracting and I'm with Stan- wtf just happened? I don't get why Pewdipie is so popular, very annoying voice. This episode almost hurt my head with the social media terms in it. I want to knock out any ipad or smartphone I see a little kid with. Grr...

Only real funny parts were Randy telling Shelley bluntly 'I'm Lorde, no one else knows. But your mother, your brother, and grandpa.' I was lmao for a while with that. And the cops thinking the other cop was telling a black joke. So raciest but so funny. Then Randy 'I love children just as much as you do.' Micheal Jackson 'Allegedly!' LOL

The way things wrapped up were disappointing. The holograms were pointless. The head media guy's death was random. And even though I don't care for Mr. Hankey, I really wish he was the one the kids 'summoned'.

Good season overall. Randy was more funny than annoying which was a great change. Sep is a lloonnnggg wait away. :(
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”