*1801: Go Fund Yourself* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1801: Go Fund Yourself* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:53 pm

The Washington Redskins open up shop in South Park on an all-new episode Wednesday, September 24 at 10p ET/PT on Comedy Central.

——–
All-New Season 18 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD Exclusively on Hulu And SouthPark.cc.com
——–

NEW YORK, September 22, 2014 – The boys launch a Kickstarter campaign and get down to business on an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “Go Fund Yourself” premiering Wednesday, September 24 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

After Cartman and the boys name their new company, The Washington Redskins, they just sit back and watch the funding roll in. The head coach of the Washington Redskins football team demands that they change the name but Cartman digs in his heels. The Washington Redskins may never mean the same thing ever again.

The all-new episodes from this season are available in HD exclusively on Hulu and South Park Studios the day after they premiere. The episodes are also available for purchase in SD and HD on Amazon Instant Video, iTunes, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network and Vudu.

Named “One of the All-Time Greatest TV Shows” by Entertainment Weekly, Comedy Central’s “South Park” launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at midnight (all times ET/PT). “South Park” season 18 will begin rolling out on Comedy Central channels internationally in October.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning “South Park.” Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. “South Park’s” Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.
nall
Site Admin

Re: *1801: Go Fund Yourself* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:55 pm

I know you guys love your press images! :)

Press Image #1
Press Image #2
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:25 pm

Nice. :) Although some people already wish the first episode was on anything other than the Redskins.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:26 pm

Glad that you know how much the fans appreciate the preview pics. Anyways, won't the people of South Park be pissed at the new business' name considering what the Redskins did to the Broncos in Super Bowl XXII? At least the boys didn't name their business the Seattle Seahawks, now that really would've driven people insane. Is there any way the guys over at the studios could do South Park-ified versions of NFL players on the Redskins and the other 31 franchises just for the hell of it? I think that would be hella sweet!
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:42 pm

nall wrote:The Washington Redskins open up shop in South Park on an all-new episode Wednesday, September 24 at 10p ET/PT on Comedy Central.

——–
All-New Season 18 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD Exclusively on Hulu And SouthPark.cc.com
——–

NEW YORK, September 22, 2014 – The boys launch a Kickstarter campaign and get down to business on an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “Go Fund Yourself” premiering Wednesday, September 24 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

After Cartman and the boys name their new company, The Washington Redskins, they just sit back and watch the funding roll in. The head coach of the Washington Redskins football team demands that they change the name but Cartman digs in his heels. The Washington Redskins may never mean the same thing ever again.

The all-new episodes from this season are available in HD exclusively on Hulu and South Park Studios the day after they premiere. The episodes are also available for purchase in SD and HD on Amazon Instant Video, iTunes, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network and Vudu.

Named “One of the All-Time Greatest TV Shows” by Entertainment Weekly, Comedy Central’s “South Park” launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at midnight (all times ET/PT). “South Park” season 18 will begin rolling out on Comedy Central channels internationally in October.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning “South Park.” Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. “South Park’s” Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

Before HULU, it used to stream on the old southparkstudios.com episode player sometimes as early as 1/2 hour after the airing in the Pacific Time Zone. Do we know the approximate time referred to in "The all-new episodes from this season are available in HD exclusively on Hulu and South Park Studios the day after they premiere." :?: Is it still 1/2 hour later (as it would be the next day already in the eastern time zone), or maybe 24 hours later? Any info on that, nall?
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:07 am

We're planning to put it on the site the same time (Wednesday night PT) as in past years, barring any unforeseen technical hiccups.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:11 am

First off, man it feels good to be back!! A whole year it's been.

Anyway, not swayed so far by the episode. I could care less about football. Seriously. I'd rather watch paint dry. So I know any jokes about the 'Redskins' and the sport in general will fly past me. But it says 'the boys' so hopefully there will be some good kids being kids interactions and very little Cartman inference. I wonder what the boys are funding.

Time schedules will be different this season for me. Won't be able to watch any episodes till they put them on the website at midnight! Waa.

I'm more excited at the prospect of new SP than the actual episode. Guess this means that there will be no part 2 for the ep 'The Hobbit'. Shame. I felt the ending would lead to another eppy since it was OCC for Wendy. :?
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:23 am

Stanluv25 wrote:First off, man it feels good to be back!! A whole year it's been.

Anyway, not swayed so far by the episode. I could care less about football. Seriously. I'd rather watch paint dry. So I know any jokes about the 'Redskins' and the sport in general will fly past me. But it says 'the boys' so hopefully there will be some good kids being kids interactions and very little Cartman inference. I wonder what the boys are funding.

Time schedules will be different this season for me. Won't be able to watch any episodes till they put them on the website at midnight! Waa.

I'm more excited at the prospect of new SP than the actual episode. Guess this means that there will be no part 2 for the ep 'The Hobbit'. Shame. I felt the ending would lead to another eppy since it was OCC for Wendy. :?

I was wondering the same thing. Hey nall, will Wendy get any justice this season? I kind of hope Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass changed the girls' mind on photoshopping.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:45 am

nall wrote:I know you guys love your press images! :)

Press Image #1
Press Image #2

Just as much as we love our preview clips. :mrgreen:

I hope the Redskins name/logo controversy is what it's really about, and that the season premiere is not gonna be knee-deep in football or anything related to pro sports, considering it already has a strong CBAA feel to it. Cartman's new hairdo is not a good sign, either.

And to hell with lousy story arcs! No more Kanye, please. Srsly.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:40 am

nwt000 wrote:I was wondering the same thing. Hey nall, will Wendy get any justice this season? I kind of hope Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass changed the girls' mind on photoshopping.

Even if I knew (I don't), I couldn't tell you. :D But there are ten episodes, so one thing I'm sure of is that there will be a variety of characters and stories covered.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:46 am

Still waiting on the live tweet for "The Hobbit."
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:09 am

Ok so I get some of the stuff about The Washington Redskins. I didn't really know that the name was not copy righted and another company could take it. I think the name Go Fund Yourself is a play on words of the donation site Gofundme.com and saying Go f*ck yourself. So I am very curious of what the boys are getting donations for? I can only think of supporters of the Redskins football team call up Cartman to donate to him money to support the name not changing? I am going to guess that Donald Sterling will either be mentioned or will pop up at some time during this episode. Why would the boys start a donation fund business? Maybe someone is sick? I wonder if there will be any angry Indians in this episode. That would be funny. I heard that The Daily Show is doing the same story about the Redskins also for an up coming episode. At least that is what I heard. What if a whole tribe of Indians show up and change everyone's mind about the name of the team. But then no one wants to change it so the Indians kill everyone. What if the fund is for Native Americans?
What seems to be the officer problem?
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:54 pm

JamesPup wrote:Why would the boys start a donation fund business?

To find a vaccine against the Ebola virus. Or a way to bring happiness into this world. Because that's what a philanthropist like Cartman would do: try and raise an extra large sum of money for the greater good of mankind. And that's what he's up to. But apparently, the $16.12 he manages to cough up after breaking his piggy bank is not enough for a project of such magnitude, so he is left with no choice but to contact another renowned philanthropist - Chief Runs With Premise, who gives him the most brilliant advice in the history of fundraising.....

Jokes aside, the pun in the title explains it all. Here's what I think is going to happen: one of Cartman's typical attempts to make a quick buck with a little help from his friends will backfire, as is tradition, resulting in him "funding" himself right in the ass. Spice it up with some insignificant details, and there you go. The end.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:44 pm

nall wrote:We're planning to put it on the site the same time (Wednesday night PT) as in past years, barring any unforeseen technical hiccups.

Thanks, nall :D

Only 54 hours to go before airtime (ET); approx. 58 hours or less before it streams on this website :cartmanhappy:
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:43 pm

nall wrote:
nwt000 wrote:I was wondering the same thing. Hey nall, will Wendy get any justice this season? I kind of hope Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass changed the girls' mind on photoshopping.

Even if I knew (I don't), I couldn't tell you. :D But there are ten episodes, so one thing I'm sure of is that there will be a variety of characters and stories covered.

Speaking of a variety of characters, I have this great idea. What if some PR/social media guys maintained Facebook, Twitter and/or other social media accounts for the characters on the show with new original updates both during and in between seasons of the show? I think a lot of fans would like to see what the boys, their peers and the other townsfolk do in their everyday lives when they're not on the TV screen. The updates would include the characters weighing in on current events, sharing general thoughts abou life, revealing their interests, gossiping about other people in town and posting pictures of what they're doing in South Park. I think this whole thing will go quite a long way in developing the more minor characters of the show, who could really get a personality through their posts and perhaps become popular enough to get more time on the show itself. Overall, I think this is an awesome concept that will benefit both the fans and the staff of South Park Studios.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”