*1902: Where My Country Gone* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1902: Where My Country Gone* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:49 am

Begins in a few minutes on Comedy Central, but this thread will be closed at 8am and 11am.
FreeQuebec86

Re: *1902: Where My Country Gone?* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:08 am

xD it's Canada ! Great Start!

Edit : Some French Canadian ( Quebecer ) were there!!
Very good start. Pretty much nailed Trump parody, à la South Park!
kfgg

Re: *1902: Where My Country Gone* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:40 am

First of all, not a fan of this Season 18 style continuation

Second, I always love the Canadians. Chuck Mangione - Feels So Good, great track.

Third, ironic I was just watching Lion King 2

Fourth, nice joke on the Jenner hitting people in the car.

Fifth, I didn't like all the negativity in certain areas that I won't disclose.
Stan and Kyle :)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:46 am

I liked this one much better than last week's. I can't believe I didn't make the Canada connection sooner.

...I had so much more to say on this, and it all just popped out of my head. :? I'll have to rewatch & get back to you.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:48 am

So I liked this episode. The start was fun like with Jenner and Kyle on that car ride. That could have been its very own played out plot. Jenner had a f*cked up face because of surgery that got laughs out of me. Also when it ran over the women that was hilarious and was needed as there is not enough deaths on South Park. I did predict it right that it would be about Canada and Niagara Falls and barreling but got everything else wrong.

Seeing Garrison get all worked up about illegals was great as I can relate. I was skeptical about the whole f*cking them to death thing though. I guess Trey and Matt made their point that they hate Trump. I see this may hurt Trump who I’d like to see win. I didn’t really think Garrison would f*ck someone to death but he did and it was shocking to see. At that point I was afraid of Garrison. Seeing the Canadian Trump lose hurt.

Having Canadians was more fun than Mexicans. Also Butters dates with Charlotte were so cute. I was hoping he would have sex or something with her but all he got was a kiss, too bad Butters as Jimmy has had some Hot Cosby before.

At the end we have Garrison pursuing becoming the US president but will he be like Trump or will he now find a new topic to fight in the next episode or is that being Trump? I guess the whole Canadian thing is done with. Is Jenner and Garrison going to date now? That is so familiar and I love to see Garrison being LGBT. I need more of Jenner killing people in some way.

Also Kyle not giving a speech was better. Cartman’s theories about Kyle were nice. I’d give this episode a 9/10 but hey I love all of the South Parks. I think Jenner got me to laugh the most but Butters race mixing with a Canadian girl is what warmed my heart.
What seems to be the officer problem?
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:07 am

8.5/10
One huge hell of a step up from last week's flaming pile of garbage, that's for sure! Pretty hilarious how all of the Canadians fled their homeland because of their horrific new president (even though there's no such thing as the President of Canada, their equivalent to president is actually prime minister). I initially thought the Canucks were gonna cause a lot of trouble, but they wanted to be in America as much as the American people wanted them, not at all. Glad to see Caitlyn Jenner finally make an appearance after all of that talk about her last week. I would definitely take her and Garrison as Vice President and President, respectively, over at least the Donald, the Mad Scientist (Ben Carson) and the Great Arkansas Intolerance Machine (Mike Huckabee), if nobody else. Garrison also made good on his promise to fuck somebody to death, and it was even better that his victim was Canuck Trump. If only the real Donald Trump could literally get fucked to death. Like I said earlier, I would be just fine with the same thing happening to Carson and/or Huckabee. Moving away from politics now, there truly was some "Slow Cosby" brewing between Butters and that one Canadian girl who's name I can't remember right at this moment. For once, she (and I guess her entire family) are Canadians I'd actually kind of like to see return to the show at some point later on. The whole Caitlyn Jenner fatally running people over bit made me chuckle as well. Is it just me or was that guy Jenner ran over in front of the White House Bill Clinton?
Travis17

Postby Travis17 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:22 am

Seems they were making fun of everyone in this episode on both sides. Implying they were are all too extreme to listen to reason or have a reasonable conversation about this stuff.

Immigration is a tough subject. I think the government knows it can't realistically make 11 million illegals legal overnight as it would have a devastating effect on the economy and unemployment might skyrocket. On top of that you would just encourage more people to come illegally and have whole new millions of illegals again. It would also be too costly to try and round up all 11 million and deport them or erect a wall on the border. I think this is why nothing ever gets done about immigration in the US.

I find it odd that people lean so liberally are blindly pro immigration. Many are probably unaware that about a couple years ago many corporations came together to write a letter to the White House asking to let more immigrants into the country. It's obvious they want to do this because they want to hire a bunch of immigrants for minimum wage and keep wages low which would increase the corporations' profits while forcing Americans who typically can't survive on minimum wage and raise a family to compete with immigrants that will. One of the reasons immigrants can stay here while working those dirt poor jobs or sporadically is because they typically have multiple families living in small apartments so they can cover cost of living together. I also suspect many illegals are being taken advantage of and being paid less than minimum wage. And if that is true, then they would lose their job by being made legal and employers that take advantage of illegals would just hire new illegals for lower wages. But I'm not sure how widespread something like this is. There are also benefits and taxes to consider that would increase the illegals wages.

Europe is having a huge problem with immigration right now that kind of mirrors what could happen to the US do to all the entitlements they offer. Most of the immigrants migrating through Europe aren't even Syrian refugees. Last UN 2015 2nd quarter report reported that only 20% of the migrants were actually Syrian. I just don't understand how you can be so open to letting people with the opposite cultural values immigrate to your country. Women are treated like crap in the Middle East, homosexuals are murdered, and they aren't tolerant of freedom of speech or religion. I'm reading stories of a lot of sexual assault and forced prostitution of women in migrant camps in Europe. There also appears to be an increase of rape of women in Europe from Muslim men. However, this is difficult to tell because the police and the media seem to be covering up as much Muslim crime as possible so that people don't become upset and anti-immigration/muslim. It's insane.

Google Rotherham scandal for more info about a story where police covered up reports of Muslims raping UK women and the police refusing to arrest them for fear of appearing racist for arresting Muslims. This went on for years before they were finally arrested and investigations was launched because of it. It was estimated (conservatively) that 1400 women/girls, some as young as 12, were raped.
Female345

Postby Female345 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:44 am

That was another great episode.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:10 am

So admittedly I was wrong aboot "The Last of the Meheecans" getting gang-raped by a bunch of "Goobacks." What actually happened was the other way around: a bunch of goobacks got gang-raped to death by one last Meheecan. Either way it didn't work out for me. Even the Canadian ABCs and the appearance of disfigured Jenner, both of which I loved, couldn't help it. Canadian president is dead? Great. Canada should probably restore the monarchy now. And fucking PC Principal is still there, when it's actually him who should have been fucked to death. Granted, this episode was way better than last week's, but still not good enough to be called "average." The bar has been set far too low.

Sorry, guys. You've been blatantly stealing things from your younger selves and you know it. You just don't seem to care. Oh, did I just say "sorry"? I didn't mean it. I have no idea what "sorry" is.
skippy78

Postby skippy78 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:50 am

Funny episode. I still like Trump over all the other idiots though.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:03 am

To say this week's episode is better than last week's is like saying ice cream is better than a kick to the nuts. Canadian President Trump doing the Safety Dance was awesome, but now I'm remembering Butters did that in Asspen. (Oops, #Rehash.)

As a geography nerd, Garrison's plan to sneak into Canada by going over Niagara Falls didn't make sense to me as the Niagara River forms the border between the US and Canada. Slightly less funny I supposed to simply take a normal boat across a normal river. ;) Also, the view they used of Horseshoe Falls is from Canada already. Jump in the river from the US side and it should flow from left to right, not right to left.

At any rate, "Garrison 2016" seems like it will be an arc that runs the rest of the season. The guys should be able to incorporate any developments in American politics into that plot. So basically that means Donald Trump is going to be writing part of the season. :lol:

I'm a little pissed at Stan for getting pissed at Kyle for his trademark "gay little speeches". Kyle's fucking right 9 times out of 10 so shut the fuck up and listen to my man. I'd expect that kind of idiocy out of Fatass or even Butters, but you Stan? C'mon!

Lastly, Butters budding relationship with Charlotte. While a tad predictable, it is totally in character for Butters and to go any other direction with it would have been off-putting. Butters is the consummate sheep when he is with the other boys, but get him away from Fatass and anyone he's trying to be cool around and he's a sweet kid. I'm rooting for them to reunite later this season.
Though I'm not sure why Charlotte has a British-ish accent.

You read it! You can't unread it!
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:40 am

Still kind of wrapping my head around this one. As is typical for South Park, the first Act is really strong... and then we just kind of sputter off. A big part of me wants to forgive it because I'm so glad to see Mr. Garrison back, and some of the other minor characters involved. I really don't like the opening scene with Kyle, Obama and Jenner herself. It would've worked better tacked on to the end of the previous episode and doesn't really segue well. Jenner looks f*cking hideous here and since she's not in focus, it feels more like a 'Take That' than any serious commentary. SP's yet to have a trans character who doesn't look like a joke.

I'm sick to death of SP's incidental love interests so Butters' plot never interested me, and the rape bit was awful, and while seeing Canadians in class was kind of fun for the week I'm glad they're done. Aaand we end the episode on a rape joke that is either going to make headlines, or won't for all the wrong reasons.

Mic Notes:
- At the Canadian language class, Professor Lamont from "Faith Hilling" can be spotted, as can the unamed Kindergarten teacher and a librarian. The others look to be all new. I think the Mayor's Rival from "The F Word is there."
- Kenny's Parents and the Barkeep are seen supporting Garrison at the bar but not in any of the crowds. Ryan's in multiple crowds and Ned and Jimbo are of course, present but Ned's return never quite materializes. Ah well. Hopes too high.
- Jimmy's usually part of the boys' group but isn't in this episode or the last, and was notably in press images for the previous. I considered he might've been marginalized last week for social justice reasons, but Token's present and speaks here.
- Mr. Garrison's been fired again. Maybe he can sue for discrimination like he wanted to back in season 6. He's going to be back - after all, they could've killed him off today if they wanted to be rid of him. Maybe we'll see him meet Victoria.
- None of the show's previously known Canadian characters are seen or, beyond Ike, referenced.
- The Canadians have had a Prime Minister, a union, a monarchy and now a president... getting hard to make sense of it all. Even weirder when you consider they never left when Saddam Hussein took over twice.
- Was sure Garrison's mention of Goths would lead to a Goth Kids cameo. Michael made it in last week.
- PC Principal worked a lot better here since he was only a minor character. I'd be pissed if he were here to stay for good, but looking at him as a short-term thing, I can enjoy him.
- Garrison never built a wall as mentioned in the press release.

Looking forward to the boys' new teacher. Maybe they re-animated a Nazi Zombie Ms. Choksondik.
OFFICIAL WIKI MODERATOR :D
My Fanfics | My Fanart | My Wiki Talk Page | My Inbox | My SP Forum
Favorite Characters: Kenny and family, Stan, Wendy, Tweek, Kevin Stoley, Mephesto, Pip (RIP)
Favorite Episode: "The List" (s11e14)
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:50 am

Wasn't excited about this one at all when I first saw the press info, didn't even bother to make a comment. It did end up better than I was expecting but it still fell short in several areas. Too predictable Butters is the one who gets with the Canadian girl. It was cute but still... It was funny too how they made Canada out to be so foreign and diff. from the US, even our alphabet is different! lol. Funny too the comment the Candaian father made about the Trump-like president. I'm not into politics at all but I hope he doesn't win. I'm just not that into the Canada episodes but this wasn't as bad as some have been.

Stanley, you were being a little brat to Kyle! Seriously, why is he all annoyed at his speeches? Stan used to do the 'I learned something today' speech all the time years ago!

Um... hoping they get rid of PC principal soon. He got old fast.

I give this... 5.5/10.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
MissMakesmesick90

Postby MissMakesmesick90 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:38 am

Stanluv25 wrote:Stanley, you were being a little brat to Kyle! Seriously, why is he all annoyed at his speeches? Stan used to do the 'I learned something today' speech all the time years ago!

Agree! I was so disappointed with Stan! This show does get preachy, but that's what makes it South Park! That's what sets it apart from other shows. The "gay little speeches" have been an integral part of Kyle's character and to the show from the very beginning, when Randy was just a minor background character. I hope if this is a continuing story arc, it gets resolved and the preachy Kyle doesn't go away. I've always admired his willingness to speak up in situations where everyone else is too ignorant or scared to say anything. This quote in particular comes to mind:

What’s the big deal? Don’t you understand what ignorant prejudice like that can lead to? I have to disprove Cartman’s hateful rumors!
- From Ginger Kids.

When you take into account his background, Kyle's preachiness is about something much deeper than just "good morals".
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:50 am

This episode was better than last week's. Never expected Garrison to be the hero but it made sense. Figured it'd be Cartman or Kyle. Funny how it's always Butters doing all the dirty work. I was thinking they were going to have a throwback from previous episodes but I guess not.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”