*1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

antogrimes

Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Postby antogrimes » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:42 am

Season 12 looking F**KING QUALITY so far,excellent stuff, south park -by far the best show of all time??? definitely the smartest ;) bring back thats my bush, I know its been (7-ish years??)
Peace n Love n sh*t.....
thekitchensink

Postby thekitchensink » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:45 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:I may have come off as harsh and I do apologize, but I've been here for a while and this happens every few weeks and it can get annoying.

No prob, I need people to tell me to chill out every now and then. Woo, score one for civilized discussion! On with the discourse.
yayablahblah

Re:

Postby yayablahblah » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:23 am

i just think that everyone that is on here talking sh*t about the episode..completely misses the point...completely...kill yourselves
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:33 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:[We, the true fans, will be honest on what we think about every episode. If someone blindly loves every episode purely because it is South Park, then they are not being true fans.

gfjgkdfhkghd I absolutely hate that term. It's like, what, as opposed to a plastic fan?

You can be a poor judge or blind critic, but saying someone isn't a true fan is just such a dumb thing to call someone.

I just get so annoyed seeing that term all around the forum here. :c
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
polkadotjewel

Postby polkadotjewel » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:45 am

I liked this episode, but at the same time, I didn't like it. I loved the beginning, where EVERYONE was all "OMG BRITNEY!!!" and they were all following here, taking pictures... As much as I'm surprised at his actions, I'm also NOT so surprised Cartman ran off after Britney killed herself. I'm surprised Butters was just mad at the situation; I'm surprised he didn't freak out.

I found Britney's half-head disgusting, to be honest. It was super creepy, and I cringed (and sometimes gagged) when she was talking.

The end was surprising, though. I would have never guessed that she needed to die, haha. Me and my friends were super happy that Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus was the next "chosen one". (We said we wouldn't have minded seeing an episode with HM as the "chosen one".) It was pretty funny when they were all singing, too, especially at the end when Kyle and Stan were like, "Oh, whatever!" and started singing, too.

It was a decent episode. It had it's funny moments, and it had it's bad moments.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:54 am

Infusions wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:[We, the true fans, will be honest on what we think about every episode. If someone blindly loves every episode purely because it is South Park, then they are not being true fans.

gfjgkdfhkghd I absolutely hate that term. It's like, what, as opposed to a plastic fan?

You can be a poor judge or blind critic, but saying someone isn't a true fan is just such a dumb thing to call someone.

I just get so annoyed seeing that term all around the forum here. :c

As opposed to being a lapdog fan, Infusions. There are hater fans, true fans, and lapdog fans. Lapdog fans love everything, hater fans hate everythingm but true fans will actually invest more than ten seconds into their decision. If you had actually read most of my post, them you would have gotten my point. Sadly, it appears as though you either only read part of the post or didn't understand it.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:01 am

No Shane, you're doing a fantastic job, but the term "true fan" just has this repulsive "holier than thou" tune to it.
skacraze330

Postby skacraze330 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:03 am

iceiwynd wrote:No Shane, you're doing a fantastic job, but the term "true fan" just has this repulsive "holier than thou" tune to it.

true.....im a fan i need no adjectives to define my love of the show
"Yes.......I'm a rocker" - Skylar
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:13 am

If the term true fan somehow offends you, then take out the word true. Either way, I still stand by my three fan system: Haters, Lapdogs, Fans. Haters hate, lapdogs love everything, fans will give their honest opinions on ever episode.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
towlie09

Postby towlie09 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:20 am

this deffinatly wasnt one of my favorite south park episodes. but i did like the end how it turned out to be like the story the lottery. :timmy:
EddieDean

Postby EddieDean » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:24 am

Where I think the last 2 episodes have gone wrong is that they build and build to something that never comes.

Last week I was like "okay, where are they going with this....the episode hasn't been that funny so they're obviously going to do something really shocking and awesome at the end"....but it never happened. Last night, same thing. I spent the whole time wondering where they were going with it, only to have the episode end and think "oh, so they killed her with a bunch of cameras." Again, TOO PREACHY. "Scott Tenorman" is an excellent example of how a dark episode can be both revealing about the characters but also give an incredible payoff at the end. Neither of the episodes lately have delivered, in my opinion.

I get that we all are the Stans and Kyles of the world, trying to resist but eventually succumbing like everyone else to the spectacle that Britney has made of her life. I just didn't think it was funny. I've read and seen "The Lottery." I chuckled a LITTLE when they handed the camera to the child (like they did with the stoning) and at a few of the other references during the last 5 minutes of the episode, but by and large the humor just wasn't there. Give me manatees any day over that.
Efros

Postby Efros » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:42 am

It was a fair episode however it was almost unbearable watching britney walk around with half a head during nearly the entire episode...However the chanting thing was very funny....hope for better things to come
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:52 am

I agree with the premise of the episode and it had some good moments, but the one thing that kinda bugs me is that the whole North Pole thing never really went anywhere. T he episode probably would have been better without.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:55 am

Pip Tweek wrote:Why is Michael "Jefferson" Jackson a bad guy and Britney a martyr?

Britney hasn't started molesting kids yet.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
godie_biel

Postby godie_biel » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:11 am

From Youtube ! "Pleaaaseeee leave Britney alone bwaaa . . . bwaa. . . .bwaa leave her alooonee !!!", hey maybe that fruitcake is now working in South Park !! Sorry but i have to agree that was a boring episode, the only laughable part was Butters !! and again leave BRITNEY ALOOONE BWAAAAHAHAA !!!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”