*1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:19 pm

SOUTH PARK
TITLE: “Over Logging”
Episode #1206/Air date: April 16, 2008
One day the citizens of South Park wake up and find the internet is gone. When Randy hears there may still be some internet out in California, he packs up his family and heads west.

Preview clip available here.

UPDATE: Press images from the episode are now posted.

UPDATE 2: Press Release
The citizens of South Park wake up one morning and find the internet is gone, in an all-new episode of "South Park," entitled "Over Logging," premiering on Wednesday, April 16 at 10:00 p.m. (ET/PT) on COMEDY CENTRAL. No one in South Park has internet access and there’s no telling when, or even if, it will come back. Desperation sets in as the fear of the unknown spreads rapidly across the country. When Randy hears there still may be some internet out in California, he packs up his family and heads west in search of a signal.
{}Butters{}

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby {}Butters{} » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:27 pm

Wow already?
Pirateogta

Postby Pirateogta » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:39 pm

Sounds great.
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:52 pm

Wow M&T really love Randy...sorry for complaining but I mean, there are plenty of other SP characters to work around besides the same exact ones we see in every rotation at each half of the past 3-4 seasons. It's damn near almost predictable of what character will have there screen time nowadays. And does a Stan episode always have to include his dad in it? Sigh...

Well on a brighter note, this still should be a good ep or at least something worth watching. Hope 1207 isn't an Eric/Butters flick since that's the only normally rotated duo that haven't gotten a spin yet.
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:54 pm

Sounds interesting...in a good way, of course. It does have the Marsh family after all, that can only mean good things.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
kylestanfan

Postby kylestanfan » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Ah, so it's Stan's turn to move to Cali!

So, who's going to rescue HIM from the acid-dropping kids?

Will it be Kyle, since he's already immune?

Or will it be Kenny, since he's addicted to a different drug ;P?

Or will Randy realize that he's a f*cking idiot and move back by himself?
This is really something witty. I promise. If you don't get it, you are an idiot :D

Hamsters.
iheartstansdad

Postby iheartstansdad » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:06 pm

CartmansCuzzin wrote:Wow M&T really love Randy...sorry for complaining but I mean, there are plenty of other SP characters to work around besides the same exact ones we see in every rotation at each half of the past 3-4 seasons. It's damn near almost predictable of what character will have there screen time nowadays. And does a Stan episode always have to include his dad in it? Sigh...

Well on a brighter note, this still should be a good ep or at least something worth watching. Hope 1207 isn't an Eric/Butters flick since that's the only normally rotated duo that haven't gotten a spin yet.

Well, in case you can't tell by my screenname, I LOVE stan's dad and I'm really excited for another randy episode! The truth is, matt and trey just know which characters work and don't work, and randy is the perfect character to center on because he represents the gullible, overreacting American parent/everyman we all know and love. You can't really use characters like Pip or Towelie like that now can you?
RMackey

Postby RMackey » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:07 pm

{}Butters{} wrote:Wow already?

What do you mean already? Ever Wednesday mane. :timmy:

& I hope Stan doesn't leave! Even though I know that there will be some thing stopping him - but can you imagine if they make it so he moves to California permanently!! Someone reply to this, I want to see what you think!
nomed4947

Postby nomed4947 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:10 pm

Really curious what the real life thing they're referring to, can’t figure what in the news this could be a joke on
Did we wake up recently to find something gone? Besides airline flights

Perhaps the environment (over consumption of resources) kind of thing, we wake up one day and something we take for granted is gone – thinking way to much on this one

Probably be obvious when the episode comes out
kylestanfan

Postby kylestanfan » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:11 pm

RMackey wrote:
{}Butters{} wrote:Wow already?

What do you mean already? Ever Wednesday mane. :timmy:

& I hope Stan doesn't leave! Even though I know that there will be some thing stopping him - but can you imagine if they make it so he moves to California permanently!! Someone reply to this, I want to see what you think!

I can't imagine. Because it would mean way more Cartman episodes, and a lot of people get really pissed off about Cartman episodes. No, it'll be like Smug Alert, he'll move there, but come back at the end of the episode because Randy will confront the Overlords of the Internets, they'll check their monitors and tell him, "Ooops, sorry, someone cut a cable that way, we'll get that fixed, guy."
This is really something witty. I promise. If you don't get it, you are an idiot :D

Hamsters.
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:20 pm

Wow. This episode sounds awesome. I haven't taken a look at the clip yet, but this premise is great. We always make fun of one of our floormates here for being from Cali, so if anything, it'll be a chance to make fun of him!

Can't wait!
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
chel

Postby chel » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:26 pm

Randy Marsh is high-larious.

I know I would go ape s**t if the internet disappeared so this should be interesting.
:shock:
"Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!"
"Intelligent and friendly on rye bread, with some mayonaise."
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:28 pm

First off, I am happy we are finally going to see a Randy and Stan Episode as I predicted last night :o

But...After seeing the preview clip, the episode looks like in the words of Eric Cartman "Lame!"

Randy and Stan move west for Internet Access??
Wow, are we suddenly that desperate. :|
Sir Chaox

Postby Sir Chaox » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:34 pm

CartmansCuzzin wrote:Wow M&T really love Randy...sorry for complaining but I mean, there are plenty of other SP characters to work around besides the same exact ones we see in every rotation at each half of the past 3-4 seasons. It's damn near almost predictable of what character will have there screen time nowadays. And does a Stan episode always have to include his dad in it? Sigh...

Valid point, but what other characters do you want episodes to revolve around? I love Randy, I think this episode will be a crowd pleaser.

Stan and Randy go together like bread and butter. Randy is totally illogical compared to Stan who is totally logical. That's where the humor's at. And unfortunately, Stan is usually very neutral in most episodes, so he doesn't get as involved as say Kyle vs. Cartman, or Cartman vs. Butters, or Cartman vs. Something... Stan usually doesn't fight Cartman, so he needs an episode like this where it's Stan vs. Randy or perhaps another angle.
letsgogiantsx

Postby letsgogiantsx » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:37 pm

damn. another internet episode?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”