*1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

VincentVegaWannaBe
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:05 am

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby VincentVegaWannaBe » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:12 am

What is the deal with the last scene?
LUskyx
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:46 pm

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby LUskyx » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:16 am

omfgjfc
i just pee on pants
:mrgreen:
oh christ !!
i just cum laughing
i love u south park !!!!!!!
Wishful_Thinking
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:20 pm

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:38 am

Well, there's one ex-fan. If anyone else is done with the show, please reply to this post.


I'm not done with the show yet, I'm giving Matt and Trey another chance with the remaining episodes of the season.


My thoughts on this episode? First of all, in regards to Randy, a little goes a long way. Second, before watching this episode, I watched Smug Alert which was on before. Notice how Stan was upset that Kyle was leaving? How about when the whole town was so happy that the Broflovski family was back? We don't see any character development or emotion in this show anymore. Now all of the characters are becoming one-demensional plot devices.

The only thing I liked in this episode was Shelly's subplot, which was pretty amusing. Everything else was just...boring. Matt and Trey seem to be sticking to a certain formula: something minute occurs and the whole town overreacts (or just Randy), then some random, one-time male characters are thrown in in order to move the plot along. Nothing about the boys and their lives and occurences. Actually, now only about one or two boys at a time are focused on per episode.

I know the creators are probably trying to not let South Park seem stale, but can they please not throw out the emotion and character development (and humor, for that matter) that has been built up throughout the years?
Kensuke
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:59 pm

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Kensuke » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:50 am

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Well, there's one ex-fan. If anyone else is done with the show, please reply to this post.


I'm not done with the show yet, I'm giving Matt and Trey another chance with the remaining episodes of the season.


My thoughts on this episode? First of all, in regards to Randy, a little goes a long way. Second, before watching this episode, I watched Smug Alert which was on before. Notice how Stan was upset that Kyle was leaving? How about when the whole town was so happy that the Broflovski family was back? We don't see any character development or emotion in this show anymore. Now all of the characters are becoming one-demensional plot devices.

The only thing I liked in this episode was Shelly's subplot, which was pretty amusing. Everything else was just...boring. Matt and Trey seem to be sticking to a certain formula: something minute occurs and the whole town overreacts (or just Randy), then some random, one-time male characters are thrown in in order to move the plot along. Nothing about the boys and their lives and occurences. Actually, now only about one or two boys at a time are focused on per episode.

I know the creators are probably trying to not let South Park seem stale, but can they please not throw out the emotion and character development (and humor, for that matter) that has been built up throughout the years?


YES! EXACTLY! That's what I want to see in south park.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
SouthofHeaven
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:43 pm

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby SouthofHeaven » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:50 pm

Great episode- loved it! Also you people really need to stop over analyzing this season and just enjoy the greatness that is South Park. Once this show is gone we'll have nothing that comes close.
Who's a jigga wha?
Wishful_Thinking
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:20 pm

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:20 pm

Great episode- loved it! Also you people really need to stop over analyzing this season and just enjoy the greatness that is South Park. Once this show is gone we'll have nothing that comes close.


It's not that I'm not enjoying the season because I'm overanalyzing, I am overanalyzing the season because I am not enjoying it. I can't enjoy the greatness of the show because, IMHO, there is no greatness to be enjoyed. And at the moment, I've seen better episodes from the latest seasons of The Simpsons, and that is really saying something.
polymorph
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:57 pm

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby polymorph » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:30 pm

Let's see what was in this episode
The Kyle bit was to predictible
The Randy bit was okay
Rand covered in semen is the most perverse thing we've had for awhile so it get's a plus
The Shelly bit was fairly entertaining, but is more noteworthy in that Shelly was pretty much one of the forgotten characters and it gives me hope that we might see Tweek and others with a fairly decent sized role.
I found Mr. Garrison with the robe and the pipe very entertaining for some reason

All and all I'd say this episode is good enough but is kinda down hill from the quallity of the last two, three episodes.
Image
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
i love stany
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:57 pm

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby i love stany » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:31 pm

I love Shelley's part on this episode,,
I really like this season,,
just like the others seasons,, but you guys are right,,
we need more emotion, and stuff like that,,
I realize that Kyle doesn't even miss Stan, and I didn't like that part =/
DidYourLipJustFart
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:10 am

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby DidYourLipJustFart » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:49 pm

Kensuke wrote:
DidYourLipJustFart wrote:this episode pwn3d and if u dont think so then ur probably a racist whore.

o'doyle rules n im out dis muh-fukka


Rats! I guess I was a racist whore the whole time and I didn't even know it!


REALLY now?

well...me want 5 dolla bang bang.
~*Jeezis bro, did your lip just fart?*~
Kensuke
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:59 pm

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Kensuke » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:57 pm

DidYourLipJustFart wrote:
Kensuke wrote:
DidYourLipJustFart wrote:this episode pwn3d and if u dont think so then ur probably a racist whore.

o'doyle rules n im out dis muh-fukka


Rats! I guess I was a racist whore the whole time and I didn't even know it!


REALLY now?

well...me want 5 dolla bang bang.


Well, I didn't think the episode pwn3d so apparently I am.
Last edited by Kensuke on Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Nick2400
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Nick2400 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:13 pm

Loved the episode!
I guess it's one of the most dared episode ever made.
Here we see the real south park again :D:D
CartmanMills
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 12:17 pm

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby CartmanMills » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:29 pm

I sort of admit that apart of me liked this episode - it was something I could relate to, Randy panicked and acted like a maniac which was funny and it just seemed so utterly ridiculous enough to be a South Park storyline. But I have to agree with alot of people here in that it was dissapointing - they could have done so much more with this, created a really great episode which could have got some debate going and some great jokes fired off. This was not classic South Park - this was South Park on cruise control. And that, to me, is not good. The whole Marsh being a porn-obsessive was so out of character and ridiculous that it just didn't connect - someone said it, there was no character development and it just seemed to go... nowhere...

I will say this; this season has been very dissapointing. It's lost that spark which made it once so great - when episodes caused controversy and were funny, rewatchable over and over again.. how can they change from being one of the most shocking controversial hilarious cartoons to being sub-par delivery that leaves a sour taste in the mouth' of loyal fans. They had the potential to do a great thing with that Britney Spears storyline, the WGA parody stuff, Cartman having AIDS - and it's just all come off subpar. Maybe it's down to cheesing :P
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:15 pm

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:33 pm

CartmanMills wrote:
I will say this; this season has been very dissapointing. It's lost that spark which made it once so great - when episodes caused controversy and were funny, rewatchable over and over again.. how can they change from being one of the most shocking controversial hilarious cartoons to being sub-par delivery that leaves a sour taste in the mouth' of loyal fans.


After 12 seasons, there's not much left the show can do that is controversial. When SP began it took the world by storm because it was so vulgar and crude. In the past 12 years pop culture has become much more profane. Also, for a lot of people, with the "blessing" that is the internet, most people have been exposed to a far greater number of shocking or outlandish things than compared to 1997.

Every great thing runs its course. SP probably won't continue for longer than a few more seasons, and it's for the best.
Parjuk
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Parjuk » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:28 pm

Kensuke wrote:
Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Well, there's one ex-fan. If anyone else is done with the show, please reply to this post.


I'm not done with the show yet, I'm giving Matt and Trey another chance with the remaining episodes of the season.


My thoughts on this episode? First of all, in regards to Randy, a little goes a long way. Second, before watching this episode, I watched Smug Alert which was on before. Notice how Stan was upset that Kyle was leaving? How about when the whole town was so happy that the Broflovski family was back? We don't see any character development or emotion in this show anymore. Now all of the characters are becoming one-demensional plot devices.

The only thing I liked in this episode was Shelly's subplot, which was pretty amusing. Everything else was just...boring. Matt and Trey seem to be sticking to a certain formula: something minute occurs and the whole town overreacts (or just Randy), then some random, one-time male characters are thrown in in order to move the plot along. Nothing about the boys and their lives and occurences. Actually, now only about one or two boys at a time are focused on per episode.

I know the creators are probably trying to not let South Park seem stale, but can they please not throw out the emotion and character development (and humor, for that matter) that has been built up throughout the years?


YES! EXACTLY! That's what I want to see in south park.


A lot of long time fans are very quick to judge sp's new season, and its not going away after a few more seasons. More new fans of southpark our out there and more watch the longer it is on tv it becomes more.....acceptable(?). :timmy:
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 17756
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:57 am

Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:37 pm

Parjuk wrote:More new fans of southpark our out there and more watch the longer it is on tv it becomes more.....acceptable(?). :timmy:

Ahahahaha, the way they're pushing the envelope right now, they really want to make it what it promised to be in the first place - a show for mature audiences, preferably 16 years and up. It's not aiming to be family-friendly, so it's not worried about being more acceptable.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests