*1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:06 am

Lemme round up a Peruvian pan flute band and we'll record "Highway to Hell." :P

The point the boys made was that you can play plain old nursery songs in an exotic musical style and people will pay good money to get a recording of it. :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
nosreffej3

Postby nosreffej3 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:27 am

That was awesome and horribly funny:)
LMAO during their incarceration scene lol
germanguyII

Postby germanguyII » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:48 am

triplemultiplex wrote:Ah, "Pan"demic; it's a pun.

Heh, Kenny shaves his balls.

Hey, DHS doesn't have that kind of authori-tah! And why does the Department of HOMELAND Security care about Peruvian flute bands abroad?

That B story with Randy and his camera better be going somewhere. Not to many laughs so far.

I have to agree with triplemultiplex: this whole story just makes no sense in any way. This is by the way the first time you guys made fun about some thing we in Germany made fun of like 10 years ago in nearly every comedy show here - panflutebands are the oldest joke of the world.

On the other hand I really love guinea pigs - especially cooked or baked...

Since there is a second part I really hope this is going somewhere...

Give you 4 out of 10 :roll:
peloricoz8

Postby peloricoz8 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:51 am

very dissapointed in this episode, by far the worst episode i've seen. With all the things going on right now in our country with the economy, obama, mccain presidential elections , you would think they would figure somthing more clever then "flute bands" takin over the world.
again this was a bad episode
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:58 am

Got off a slow start but soon picked up with the action and i would have nether thought of Peruvian pan flute bands being in this.hope this carrys on with the story next week it would be nice to see Craig be the hero for once. The boys have all had they're turn, and so has Butters, so let's see someone else get the spotlight.7/10
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
fioio

Postby fioio » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:03 am

Good episode..too bad cloverfield is not in our cinemas yet :(

BTW..anyone know of any site where can i read what Kenny says..i do not understand him most of the time :( (even though i watched all 1k episodes)
spokojasne

Postby spokojasne » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:03 am

i was bitchin about SP for last two episodes,
and aw yeah, proper SP is back!
this is one of the greatest ep. i ever seen in my life,
mostly becoze one peruvian band is performing close to my school, yeah they are annoing...
and Randy spoofing cloverfield - omg - this is genius!
AnalProbe

Postby AnalProbe » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:37 am

Another parody, Jesus Christ. Another crysis of epic proportion, and yet another international conspiracy. Suddenly, making fun of disaster movies got lame. I haven't seen Cloverfield, but I hope there won't be a second part to this episode.
"Oh my God, they spoofed x and y" I don't care what they spoof as long as it's funny. A clever episode isn't necessarily a funny one.
"The guinea pigs saved the episodes" Wait till you see the next episode. I heard that they're gonna show guinea pigs...wearing hats! Let me tell you, that Graig is a f*cking genius.
hitman712

Postby hitman712 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:42 am

Amazing !!! :D :D
YouBastards!

Postby YouBastards! » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:50 am

This Episode was just great. One of my favorites. I seriously cannot wait to see the continuation. Frikin Cloverfield, thats plain amasing... I love it when southpark gets all epic like this, even though they use it a lot, I still think that this is definately a good addition to the series. I mean CLOVERFIELD with GUINI PIGS. :lol: The animation for that scene was superb...
Creig is a badass. I hope is shows when the s*** hits the fan.

Keep up the good work guys!
ned15

Postby ned15 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:07 am

alright, two goodies in a row! kenny dancing, randy's awesome videotaping skills, giant guinea pigs, how could've this show gone wrong? (and i know people are gonna find a way to that question, but just hear me out!)

i really like how they have craig as the main guy in this, especially how nicely they set it up for next week with craig going to have to be the hero and save the planet...that'll be interesting :lol:

the episode definitely had its high marks (as stated above) and its, uh, interesting/confusing points. all in all, good episode and i give it an 8.5/10 :D
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
looknclick

Postby looknclick » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:26 am

After that crappy China episode the guys completely redeemed themselves.

Luke 15:7
I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

And we are white - Cartman
looknclick

Postby looknclick » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:35 am

peloricoz8 wrote:very dissapointed in this episode, by far the worst episode i've seen. With all the things going on right now in our country with the economy, obama, mccain presidential elections , you would think they would figure somthing more clever then "flute bands" takin over the world.
again this was a bad episode

It looks like the guys had a conversation with the homeland security or whatever we call "big brother" themselves. Being warned, they became more politically "safe". Which is good for us - redneck audience, better stay away from politics, remember Germany.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:43 am

If this is a 2 "parter" or even 3 the bad guy at the end (forgot his name) said that they are on there way to the middle of nowhere so maybe the boys don`t end up in puru but somewhere else and the next episode might be them trying to get back,man this is going be a long week just like immaginationland all over again.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
looknclick

Postby looknclick » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:47 am

Kenny achieved longevity or even became immortal?

Maybe it all builds up to him shaving his balls off with a vibrating razor. What a horrible death that would be...

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”