*1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Postby shabobbleofchina » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:41 pm

It may get better in the next episode...I mean, the whole Craig is the only person who can stop the furry death premise sounds like it could be made to be really funny.

Question: Who was Sharon talking to on the phone? It wasn't the police, because she said that the "police have been no help. I think the boys may really be in trouble this time." Who could it be?

Postby Kobb » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:42 pm

Great episode, better than the last 2 I thought.

Some people said it was "boring", but I actually liked how they did the jokes; none of them were overexaggerated or a running gag, and the jokes just felt less like manatee jokes than they have in the past few episodes in the season. I laughed out loud at the "There's no country on the map called Purivian!" and the last 3 or so minutes. The Cloverfield reference was hilarious (I didn't even need to see the movie to get it) and if they are making a 2 parter, they show more of randy videotaping the guinnea pigs (which was hilarious in the episode).

I'd give it a 9.2/10, I'd say. Some people might classify it as boring or not really funny, but I thought the jokes (even though there were less of them) were much, much funnier than in the last 2 episodes because they were plot relevant, unlike Cartman crapping on Mr. Garrison's desk (which could fit into pretty much any episode).

I missed the first 4 minutes of the episode but from what I've heard, it was pretty much the same as the rest of the episode. I really like it, probably my 1st or 2nd favorite from the season.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Yeah, this one wasn't all that to me either. This will be one of my least favorites of this season.

Just little small bits I liked randomly . Like I adore Kenny dancing in the beginning ( I just thought that it was cute) and yes I agree to what the others said above , about what Craig was saying to the four boys were funny. Kind of wished there was some classic flipping off moments with Craig or his parents (but there wasn't). But Craig telling the boys off, was still funny.

This was a meh overall, though.
Last edited by Hayley B on Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.

Postby Lefaid » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:43 pm

The episode slowly got from absolutely horrible to barely tolerable. I noticed as it continued the jokes got funnier and the plot line seemed less thrown together two days ago. I really like Craig's input. Hopefully the next part will continue this trend.

Postby shabobbleofchina » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:44 pm

When was Barbrady's last appearance? I remember it as "Erection Day" but did he appear after that?

Postby nhdave » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:45 pm

[quote]Great episode!!! Hilarious! [/quote]

What are you smoking?

Postby SouthofHeaven » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:46 pm

Keep it up boys another great episode - can't wait for next weeks. Not a lot of laughs in this episode but a great story.
Who's a jigga wha?

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:47 pm

lol kenny

This episode has my interest, to say the least. It's not the funniest episode ever, but it's decent enough. Craig's sarcasm is funny. I'm eager to see Part 2.

Postby gemiknight » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:48 pm

My "live" review... I wrote the following notes DURING the air of this program. WARNING! SPOILERS!

Act One:
Nothing spectacular so far. Favorite quote -- Randy: "Look! He's eating a tot!" I hope this gets better. It's a little dry.

Act Two:
Still dry up until the last minute of the act. Both A and B stories are slow (maybe a two-parter...?) Randy is funny with the camcorder. I like how they threw in the Cloverfield spin-off. I wondered if Randy's part was parodying YouTubers. But it makes more sense that he was parodying the guy in Cloverfield. Favorite quote -- Craig's monologue on why nobody at school likes the four main characters.

Act Three:
HOLY sh*t! Live-action guinea pigs?! Hilarious!

Okay, so this is obviously a two-parter, which I kind of had a feeling it would be, considering how slow the story is moving. Now that I know that, I don't really want to make any finalized comments on this episode alone, but I will say that seeing the live-action guinea pig just totally made this episode worth it. I was expecting an encounter with either ManBearPig or the Woodland critters (which was a bad assumption on my part, because using those as antagonists would just be redundant.)

No rating for this ep till next week...

Postby ATL FALCON 89 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:48 pm

I think they could have done better if they had held off on showing the guinea pigs untill next week to keep some of the mystery in it. (like cloverfield)

still I enjoyed it and can't wait till next week

Postby SirKerrek » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:49 pm

Peruvian pan flute bands? I gotta say I didn't see that coming.

Now, for the episode itself. I would say that the first two acts were largely exposition and didn't have too much funny because they were driving the plot. Although I did enjoy Randy's camcorder antics. So, 17 minutes through, I wasn't impressed.

But that third act kicked my ass. A Cloverfield parody? I personally thought that idea was one of the coolest suggested in the "Season 12 ideas" forum, and here they do it. And brilliantly too. They set it up for a two-parter I guess. I'm sort of eh on that, but if this episode sets up for an awesome part two, then I am totally down.

Craig was there, but kinda not, so whatever. But it's all about the giant Guinea pigs. Effing hilarious. I was laughing for about a minute after the episode was over.

In conclusion, kinda boring for the first 2/3, but totally awesome in the last part.

Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons

Postby Elanessea » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:50 pm

The first half was so-so, but the last half was hilarious! My two favorite parts have to be
- When the boys are told they're being sent to Peru and Kyle says, "I can't go there" and Stan says, "Our friend was raped in Peru". That part made me laugh so hard - I love when they bring up stuff from other episodes.
- The whole Cloverfield sequence, when Randy's filming, and Sharon's pissed, but then the lights go out and people are running around out on the street and Randy's like, "I'm so startled right now". I haven't even seen Cloverfield yet, yet it still made me laugh.

And I remember when I lived in Sweden I'd see Peruvian bands everywhere, so it's SO TRUE!!

I'm so happy it's a two-parter! & I'm happy Craig and Kenny said a lot more in this one. & you can still tell Kenny's mind is in the gutter.

*BUT... Did the episode have anything to do with Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanimo Bay? I'm specifically thinking about the part where the boys are like, "We're not in the band! We can't be! We're white!", just like Harold and Kumar say, "We're not terrorists! We're Asian and Indian (or whatever Kumar is). Idk, the episode having anything to do with that movie might just be my imagination. It was still funny though. :)

I laughed more at the last episode, but this one was cooler in a way, and still made me laugh really hard at certain parts. Can't wait to see the second part. :) And let's see if Kyle freaks out when they reach Peru.. Lmao.

Oh and I should also mention that Go God Go wasn't as good as Go God Go part 2 in my eyes. So maybe this'll be another one of those two-parters in which the second part is better, even though I was completely satisfied with this one.

We'll see what happens though :)
I'm so seriously, you guys.

Respect mah authoritah by going here:

Postby whatthejew » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:51 pm

By the way...Craig's last name being Tucker...not so much in love with that.
But I think that's the only thing I didn't like about this episode. I know the jokes weren't as obvious and it was a bit slow moving but...I loved it.
I just don't love Craig Tucker...not that that's a big deal I just...don't like that at all.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:53 pm

Anyone want to bet it won't be a 2 parter?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:56 pm

whatthejew wrote:By the way...Craig's last name being Tucker...not so much in love with that.

Yeah, there's a little addition to the show's mythology.
I'm wondering what is it about Craig that Sharon & Sheila don't want him around their kids. What'd Craig ever do? Besides that fight with Tweek back in season 3. Especially when Cartman is the most misbehaved kid in their class.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”