*1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:23 pm

FiodelPeru wrote:I am Peruvian. Don´t sing in the streets. But even though it may be unconfortable to meet a flute band, there are plenty people that listensthe music, and even buy the CD´s.

Specially the "Gringos"-North American people are just like that.

I can hardly believe that South Park Studios creates in this era this kind of TV presentations or series.
Finally, if u are making jokes about what Peruvians do, proabably its just like reflecting yourselves in the mirror...

what happened to USA with Irak, helping with one hand.. and doing the oposite with the other..
I dont think this kind of cartoon is apropiate for anybody. Because it isnt positive.

Like Hitler did in his moment.

The worsest thing, is that North Americans, feel thay may do this kind of stuff. I really don´t.

who cares? South park, obviously not.

You're an idiot of the highest order. The Peruvian people were shown to be, if you decide to be super serious about the episode, the protectors of Earth. Hell, an American was shown to be the main bad guy.

And you think this is worse than the many dozens of other things they've done?
Get the f*ck off out here you ignorant fool.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Ummagumma

Postby Ummagumma » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:56 pm

I'm from Peru too, and I really had a blast watching this episode, so funny. These situations are so typical that satire comes out of 'em eventually, just as Fidel Castro and Cuba or war in the middle east and the US gov always meddling in, or ppl who have no life cause of a damn video game; nothing funny about in reality, but it's good to laugh at ourselves once in a while.

Are there that many Peruvian flute bands in major tourist cities around the world? Who knows...certainly not that many here.
I'm not in a flute band, but I do have a rock band. Can't wait for part 2.

Peace
Last edited by Ummagumma on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:06 pm

Good to see you liked it (:
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
cheeseysteve

Postby cheeseysteve » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:22 pm

WHY THE HAMSTERS?!?!?!?!?! THEY BE SO BIG AND FURRY IT BEWILDERED ME!!! congratz on the episode debut, all my friends were talking about it. I thought it was great. south park studios ftw. :assface:
w00t ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!1one111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!twelve1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!111
gemiknight

Postby gemiknight » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:57 pm

This may sound a bit too obvious... but do you guys think that the giant guinea pigs' vulnerability will be the sound of Peruvian flute bands performing? Or does that sound too predictable?
Fingerbang.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:03 pm

gemiknight wrote:This may sound a bit too obvious... but do you guys think that the giant guinea pigs' vulnerability will be the sound of Peruvian flute bands performing? Or does that sound too predictable?

What did you think the pan flute musicians were talking about when they mentioned the "furry death?"

Anywho, yeah, the sound of pan flute music seems to be what kept the guinea pigs away until the bands were rounded up and sent to Miami.
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
gemiknight

Postby gemiknight » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:21 pm

Big-Will wrote:What did you think the pan flute musicians were talking about when they mentioned the "furry death?"

duh... my bad, brain fart. i was just re-watching the ep when it got to the "we are the protectors of the furry death" and i was like: sh*t, i bet people think i'm a douche for my last comment!

So, anyway, whatever. pay no attention to my ignorance. :roll:
Fingerbang.
Charix

Pandemic* AND kNOW MORE ABOUT PERU

Postby Charix » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:33 pm

[b]HI iam from Peru, and these episode was very funny in my opinion, and i cant wait to see a next episode who appears a CUY , thats not a giant hamster, the animal is an INDIAN PIG or CUY its a tipical food in my country.
I was read one of your comments that you cant find any country that calls PERUVIAN... its because my country doesnt call PERUVIAN , it calls PERU!!!
If you want to see more about my country , i invite to you to visit this link in Youtube and then you can know more about my country ........ and I LOVE SOUTH PARK

VISIT THIS LINKS:

1. http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHDPlkZxx8
2. http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=3vjTGFGYi ... re=related
3. http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=MwN_2yfLl ... re=related
4. http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=jpJkDZ9g9 ... re=related
5. http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=me5fU4jSm ... re=related
6. http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=me5fU4jSm ... re=related

COME TO VISIT US AND LIVING THE LEGEND!!! :wink:
[/b]
ceps2111

Postby ceps2111 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:56 am

hello, glad to see you people like our country peru :lol:

like i said, im from peru and i liked how south park showed us as the protectors of the world. at least we're good at something instead of loosing by 6 goals in every soccer match :P

btw i dont understand why some peruvians get mad about the episode. come on its south park, they make fun of everything, besides peru is becoming kinda famous (not just for the flute bands lol)

and yea, come to peru, its not just flute bands, we also have guitars and drums around here :lol: besides all that, we're a nice country with a lot of things to offer (cheap pop) cya in the next episode bye!
zjones

Postby zjones » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:18 am

ned15 wrote:
superiorsavior wrote:Anyone notice how much of a negative nancy Stan's mum is becoming?

well i'd be pretty pissed off too if someone was videotaping me every second of the day.

I know! For realz! I think ned was on to something..i noticed it too! I mean, like u know, the past few episodes didn't she seem to try and ruin the best or funny moments? Its like she was on her period in 'More Crap' and again aunt flow seemed to have stopped by in Pandemic.

Either they made her be like that or the chic doing the voice over was pissed..i dunno! ...someone was totally pmsing ... :lol: :lol:
BhuckMorrisRHK2TDP

Postby BhuckMorrisRHK2TDP » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:08 am

that episode was great. I'm so glad they made fun of that stupid ass movie cloverfield, which was like blair witch project meets godzilla. just like how they made fun of that other stupid ass movie whicker man in the brittney spears episode. good stuff
peruviancuy

Postby peruviancuy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:49 am

:zombiekenny: Greetings from Peru, I'm very excited to see the guys coming to The Land of the Incas, my only concern is that when they arrive, the writers may use the eternal and lame stereotype of a country submerged on misery, trust me guys, I lived in CA for 15 years and now I’m back home and although I’m thankful to had lived in such amazing State, I don’t think I’m living home again, things here are now amazing, we are now the fastest growing economy in the continent. The other stereotype I’m worry about is that when the guys arrive to our land, they’ll find that we are somehow similar to Mexicans, both very different cultures, lets hope that South Park has far better writes than the multimillion “Indiana Jones” where they had Mexican music and Mayan warriors in Cuzco and where they placed The Lines of Nazca in the Andes (they are in the coast, very far from the Andes), nothing wrong with being creative, but another thing is misinforming and being plain dumb.

And for those who want to visit us, Welcome All!

Lorenzo
ned15

Postby ned15 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:40 pm

zjones wrote:
ned15 wrote:
superiorsavior wrote:Anyone notice how much of a negative nancy Stan's mum is becoming?

well i'd be pretty pissed off too if someone was videotaping me every second of the day.

I know! For realz! I think ned was on to something..i noticed it too! I mean, like u know, the past few episodes didn't she seem to try and ruin the best or funny moments? Its like she was on her period in 'More Crap' and again aunt flow seemed to have stopped by in Pandemic.

Either they made her be like that or the chic doing the voice over was pissed..i dunno! ...someone was totally pmsing ... :lol: :lol:

yea, she has been pretty pissed off lately. however, randy is (and don't be mad) a complete idot. but that's why he's so funny. but if i had a husband like that i'd be really mad most of the time, so i guess that could be where it's coming from or someone is pmsing...who knows! :lol:
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
CHEL BEAN

Postby CHEL BEAN » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:47 pm

You know what would be really super awesomely cool?
If Lemmiwinks made an appearance in this episode.
Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!

Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonaisse.
ned15

Postby ned15 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:51 pm

CHEL BEAN wrote:You know what would be really super awesomely cool?
If Lemmiwinks made an appearance in this episode.

that would be amazing!!! i miss lemmiwinks :(
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”