*1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

sld12

Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Postby sld12 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:56 pm

OMG I can't wait for the next one, even though i thought this one sucked balls.

Kyle said his friend got raped in Peru and I immediately thought they were referencing Indiana. So, since I never saw the last Indiana Jones movie I checked on Wikipedia and that's where the last Indiana Jones movie took place. So i think its gonna be about that again hahahaha
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:57 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:Anyone want to bet it won't be a 2 parter?

That was one my questions I had at the end. 'Is it going to be a cliffhanger?". I hope not. If they do. I'll try to put up with it as normal. :parishilton:
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:57 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:Anyone want to bet it won't be a 2 parter?

I want there to be a part two, but...yeah.
It probably won't be, continuing on the whole Cloverfield premise...because Cloverfield just kind of ended with no resolution.
So it would make sense if they just made a completely new episode next week with no mention of this one at all.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:00 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
whatthejew wrote:By the way...Craig's last name being Tucker...not so much in love with that.

Yeah, there's a little addition to the show's mythology.
I'm wondering what is it about Craig that Sharon & Sheila don't want him around their kids. What'd Craig ever do? Besides that fight with Tweek back in season 3. Especially when Cartman is the most misbehaved kid in their class.

I think it was just because as soon as they starting hanging out with Craig they completely dissapeared.
Obviously he's over the whole flipping people off thing, I mean, that was so last season, so I don't really see how he would be viewed as a bad influence any more than, well, yeah, Cartman is... s:
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
brandyalexander

Postby brandyalexander » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:01 pm

the pandemic game reference totally made my night.

great episode. craig was hilarious!
Jetskier270

Postby Jetskier270 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:03 pm

Awesome episode, I can't wait for part II. I'm SO glad someone finally ripped on cloverfield, that was one of the WORST movies EVER!
PhatBoyRy

Postby PhatBoyRy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:07 pm

The episode was slow, but I'm loving how Craig is telling them why kids at school don't like them. It's hilarious to me, I just though the other kids were usually in on or knew about their mischief and accepted it. It's funny to hear another kids point of view who's in the main four boys' grade and thinks they're assh*les for what they do.
Episode was all over the place, but Randy was cracking me up as usual even with his smaller role.
Was the raping in Peru that Kyle got upset about another reference to Indiana Jones? I know the movie had a part in South America, but not sure of which country. I doubt they would do this, but I think it would be funny if there is another throw back to Indiana Jones in Peru.
Ericjergs

Postby Ericjergs » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:12 pm

So what was the dude eating the guys eye out making fun of? I wanna say AVPR, but who knows.... Havn't seen anyone discuss that one, and yeah agreeing with some posters above, this episode reminded me Harold and Kumar because they were being sent to Peru and stuff.
And, we have def. established that this is a Cloverfield parody.
petiejoe7

Postby petiejoe7 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:14 pm

FOR REALS..WHAT MAKES U SO CERTAIN IT'S A 2 PARTER? I DIDNT SEE ANY TO BE CONTINUED WORDING..IT JUST CUT TO CREDITS. ANYONE?
Ericjergs

Postby Ericjergs » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Because its the biggest cliffhanger ever. There was to much un-answered to not make it a 2 parter.
DEFINEsammie

Postby DEFINEsammie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:18 pm

you guys are so lucky,
in Canada we don't get to watch on tv for like a month.
So I'll have to watch it on the internet tomorrow )=
petiejoe7

Postby petiejoe7 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:20 pm

maybe that was the point....i agree there was too much going on....thats why it is so weird for it to have just ended without resolving anything...like was the whole episod a big set up for one joke....the joke that after all that..Craig was the "one who coulda stopped it" ? pretty far fetched. what s the panflute "pandemic" mocking? must be some greater metaphor here. love the episode..ballsy if it just ends like that..but theres gotta be something more...i saw cloverfield and that is not enuff of a parallel for them to cut the story where they did. cloverfield was not nearly as abrupt in the ending so i dont get the comparison other than randy and his camera. kenny dance was excellent.
Last edited by petiejoe7 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
byte19

Postby byte19 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:23 pm

uhh.... cloverfield was the stuff of champions. but you didn't care for the shaky camera angles huh.....
now that's what i call a stickey situation!!
Kaybeexx

Postby Kaybeexx » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:36 pm

I thought the episode was great! This one really reminded me of the past seasons. They're parodying, yeah, but when hasn't the show done that?

Awesome episode. I was cracking up through the whole thing! :D

And you guys who hated it, that's cool. But you can't really rag on an episode then go and mistake guinea pigs as hamsters.
Come on.
sterry329

Postby sterry329 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:39 pm

Aren't they supposed to make a Cloverfield 2?

Great episode that started slow but picked up. Hopefully they do continue it next week!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”