*1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

outlawg8

Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Postby outlawg8 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:42 pm

Not another parody they are so lame the orginal episodes turn out to be the best just like last weeks episode.
Butters:-- please dont sell me to Paris hilton mom and dad.
Elanessea

Postby Elanessea » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Ericjergs wrote:So what was the dude eating the guys eye out making fun of? I wanna say AVPR, but who knows.... Havn't seen anyone discuss that one, and yeah agreeing with some posters above, this episode reminded me Harold and Kumar because they were being sent to Peru and stuff.
And, we have def. established that this is a Cloverfield parody.

I thought it had to do something with Harold and Kumar long before I realized that it was a Cloverfield parody! They were sent to Guantanimo Bay and then the boys were saying they can't be part of a Peruvian band because they're white, just like Harold and Kumar said that they can't be terrorists because they're Asian and Indian (or whatever Kumar is).. and then one of the military guys in the episode mentioned Miami, like in the movie, and then the boys were all of a sudden seen in a military plane, like in the movie. Haha great movie, and great South Park episode! :D
Last edited by Elanessea on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm so seriously, you guys.

Respect mah authoritah by going here:
http://www.myspace.com/flickherbic
http://www.youtube.com/bethanydesu
lychee_fruit

Postby lychee_fruit » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:52 pm

Craig is great...XD
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:20 pm

After last week's episode, I knew this week would have trouble standing toe to toe with "Breast cancer Show Ever", thankfully this one aimed low, so next week's can rise above easily.

i love story, but this episode took too long to set up the main story. The lack of simple punch lines kept the laughs to a minimum, and I wasn't feeling the story, considering I lived in the North East and never once saw one of these flute bands.

I was looking forward to Craig getting spot light, but I was ultimately bored into submission as all he did was pick on character flaws, while humorous to hardcore south park fans, will go over casual watcher's heads. Craig did damn near nothing this episode minus provide the $100 to start the boy's plot.

The episode's only saving grace was the guinea pigs, and that's partly due to the fact that I absolutely love guinea pigs. So I got a kick out of a whole 15 seconds of the episode. Never seeing Cloverfield (but knowing the references), i was lost at the Homeland Security Director's betrayal and without to be continued, there could be a shot this one conclude like other users mentioned.

Only difference if they play something else, even Terrance & Philip next week compared to when they did this at Season 2's start is that I sincerly doubt many fans will 'care'.

--------------

Pros:
Kenny Screen Time

Giant guinea pigs

Stan/Kenny Screen time

No mention of "to be continued"

Cons:
Boring 'boys' plot

Main plot took too long to establish

Lack of punch lines

episode centered on Craig, yet he contributed nothing to the episode.

Rating: 4/10
wamerocity

Postby wamerocity » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:24 pm

I gotta say I was really disappointed with this episodes. Yeah, there were a few little laughs, but it seems that South Park is kinda starting to stray from its bread & butter - SATIRE.

I mean seriously, there is one MORE episode before we have an election between the two worst candidates that have ever run for the Presidential office in my lifetime - I mean honestly, this is WAY worse than Bush/Kerry. We are in the biggest economic downturn in several decades resulting from a combination of corporate greed and stupid people overspending, there's scandal after scandal on the news, and they're gonna try and blow me away with a CLOVERFIELD REFERENCE? Come on.... Yes, Indiana Jones sucked, but let's be honest, the real thing so many love about South Park is their ability to portray real issues, show how BOTH sides are wrong, give a reasonable solution and that make that solution sound stupid because they go over the top with it.

Come on guys.... I really hope they don't resolve this episode, and they come up with something really good for this next one...
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:39 pm

I'm actually glad Matt and Trey haven't touched on the election much. Everyone is making fun of or at least talking about it. Thank christ there's one show that isn't even bothering with it.
I think they said what they had to in Douche and Turd, every election is between two choices that suck, what more do they need to say about elections?
I'm happy with a simple Cloverfield reference, I don't expect them to cover anything, I'd rather they do something unique and unexpected, to be honest.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
bford89

Postby bford89 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:42 pm

I just watched it. i got the cloverfield parody which makes me wonder if there will be a sequel or, like cloverfield, we don't find out anything. I hope there is a resolution because i hate cliffhangers. as far as the common satire goes, i for one am tired of hearing about the economy and the prez candidates. i thought it was nice to get away from that sh*t. i liked the setup of this episode, though slower than normal, i never looked away and was interested in what would happen next.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:46 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:i love story, but this episode took too long to set up the main story. The lack of simple punch lines kept the laughs to a minimum, and I wasn't feeling the story, considering I lived in the North East and never once saw one of these flute bands.

I was looking forward to Craig getting spot light, but I was ultimately bored into submission as all he did was pick on character flaws, while humorous to hardcore south park fans, will go over casual watcher's heads. Craig did damn near nothing this episode minus provide the $100 to start the boy's plot.

The episode's only saving grace was the guinea pigs, and that's partly due to the fact that I absolutely love guinea pigs. So I got a kick out of a whole 15 seconds of the episode. Never seeing Cloverfield (but knowing the references), i was lost at the Homeland Security Director's betrayal and without to be continued, there could be a shot this one conclude like other users mentioned.

1- I've never seen a flute band as well. I've also never seen an ice-cream sh*tting taco, but I dont hold that against Cancelled.
2- Rate the episode based on whether or not you get the jokes, not based on whether or not the casual fan will.
3- I don't think Chertoff's betrayal is from Cloverfield, so it didn't contribute to your confusion.

As for Craig not playing a larger role, well, he played the role he should have. This was more the set-up and his character is not flamboyant and out there. He had more lines than Kyle and Kenny combined, so what do you want? If you have an ensemble episode, you have to take what works with the characters. Craig's role was played well.

8/10. The end with Chertoff wasn't very good, but beyond that it had more jokes and laughs than TCP and other eps this season.

Also, we'll get our election show likely next week.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:48 pm

And there will be a resolution. One tiny cliffhanger would be okay, but they have multiple cliffhangers in this episode.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
jonas3333

Postby jonas3333 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:49 pm

I don't understand why folks wouldn't love this episode. First of all, it's a 2-parter so it's not finished yet and I laughed my ass off regardless.(totally sober too)
Loved the Peruvian Flute band aspect of the story.
The bits with Craig telling the boys off were freakin' classic material!
The Moms suggesting that Craig was a bad influence was great.
The evil leader dude killing "Colin Powell?" with his tongue was super hardcore.
And nothing beats Randy with a video camera and the parody of ridiculous Cloverfield.
"I'm so... Startled!" Hella-awesome!

I swear I don't understand what other folks are expecting these days. I've enjoyed every episode thus far and I've laughed every time.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:51 pm

bford89 wrote:I just watched it. i got the cloverfield parody which makes me wonder if there will be a sequel or, like cloverfield, we don't find out anything. I hope there is a resolution because i hate cliffhangers. as far as the common satire goes, i for one am tired of hearing about the economy and the prez candidates. i thought it was nice to get away from that sh*t. i liked the setup of this episode, though slower than normal, i never looked away and was interested in what would happen next.

That's the point, I think. See how you got interested in what would happen next?

Just like Cloverfield... I was into that movie a great deal, aside from the camera style. It had me excited wondering what was going to happen. And all the sudden, with my excitement for the movie at it's peak.... It ended with nothing!

My point:
I think South Parks parody of Cloverfield will end like this. The boys finally get to an adventure, the town is attacked by giant furry rodents, and Randy is being the funniest character in the show..... Then it just stops... I think to make justice to that movie, they would HAVE TO end it like this, WITHOUT a second part.

Besides, my guide info doesn't say "part 1", nor does it say anything to that effect on this site, OR at the end of the episode...
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Moj87zx

Postby Moj87zx » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:53 pm

Ok wtf did i just watch... peruvian flute bands, eyeball eating directors of homeland security, gigantic guinea pigs. This reminds me of the time I won a date in Mexico with Gary Coleman. Seriously I'm sure this is all gonna come together in the 2nd part but something tells me I'm going to wish it ended the 1st episode. Still a decent episode and sets up for a Randy heavy 2nd parter and more Craig.
RMuha311

Postby RMuha311 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:02 pm

Anyone know what Stan was talking about when they brought up Kyle supposedly getting raped in Peru? anyone know what I'm talking about?
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:04 pm

RMuha311 wrote:Anyone know what Stan was talking about when they brought up Kyle supposedly getting raped in Peru? anyone know what I'm talking about?

Kyle didn't get raped, he said his friend got raped and it was a reference to The China Probrem, in which Indiana Jones got raped. <:
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:07 pm

RMuha311 wrote:Anyone know what Stan was talking about when they brought up Kyle supposedly getting raped in Peru? anyone know what I'm talking about?

Made up, they were trying to get out of it.

It's like the time they bought the ninja weapons. The seller tells them they need parental permission to buy them, in turn, they bring up the "fact" that they're brothers and their parents have passed on...

OR

MABEY it IS what whatthejew said. Did Indy get raped in Peru? I know I seen some of that kind of scenery, but was it Peru?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”