*1901: Stunning and Brave* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1901: Stunning and Brave* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:48 pm

From tomorrow's press release:

It isn’t the same old South Park in an all-new episode premiering Wednesday, September 16 at 10:00 P.M. ET/PT on Comedy Central

——–
All-New Season 19 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD Exclusively on Hulu And SouthPark.cc.com
——–

NEW YORK, September 14, 2015 – The boys express their utmost respect for Caitlyn Jenner in the season premiere of “South Park” titled “Stunning and Brave” on Wednesday, September 16 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

There is a new principal at the helm of South Park Elementary. He forces the boys to confront the damage they’ve done through their history of racism and unconscious bias. It is the most stunning and brave South Park ever.

The all-new episodes from this season will be available in HD exclusively on Hulu and
South Park Studios the day after they premiere. Fans will have next-day access to new episodes, as well as the entire “South Park” library with their Hulu subscription. New episodes and a selection of curated episodes will be available to stream on the free, ad-supported Hulu.com, SouthPark.cc.com, cc.com and the Comedy Central App. The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.

Named “One of the All-Time Greatest TV Shows” by Entertainment Weekly, Comedy Central’s “South Park” launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at midnight (all times ET/PT). “South Park” season 19 will begin rolling out on Comedy Central channels internationally in October.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning “South Park.” Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. “South Park’s” Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.
nall
Site Admin

Re: *1901: Stunning and Brave* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:49 pm

And don't panic, we will have a preview clip tomorrow. Also, I realize the UI of this forum is a bit long-in-the-tooth, and we're planning a new version; suggestions and thoughts are welcome.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Thanks for the early info. Helps me get thru the night.
Stan and Kyle :)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:08 pm

nall wrote:And don't panic, we will have a preview clip tomorrow. Also, I realize the UI of this forum is a bit long-in-the-tooth, and we're planning a new version; suggestions and thoughts are welcome.

Mkay. It's in "classic mode" lol. (the bright white page on either side against the dark in the middle is quite blinding. would prefer all dark, but that's just me.)

Dang, I thought I wouldn't see an update on the new ep until morning, ha.
Going with Cait out of the gate right away I see. *unintentional rhyme* Okay. I can't not think of her w/o thinking of the awesome line one of my fave radio show host/producers had about her reveal pinup photo. 'She looks like a nice older, lady, until you get downstairs and it just looks like someone mushed a bunch of wet pimento loaf in there.' :lol:

SP Elementary having a new principal is almost shocking. I wonder what's up with Principal Victoria?
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:16 pm

Is the episode "Stunning and Brave" or "Stunning and Beautiful"? Also, will you be posting press images soon, nall? My theory is that the "new" principal at South Park Elementary School will be Principal Victoria transformed into a man as "Principal Victor" or something like that. Either that or Randy's taking over while switching off between himself and Lorde, which would make me go blech. You think you can tell Trey and Matt to dial back their Randy usage quite a bit? A lot of the die-hard fans, like myself, would greatly appreciate that.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:24 pm

JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:50 pm

After all the furor over "The Cissy", it's hard not to be worried about this one. I had a similar experience in High School myself when we watched a Tom & Jerry cartoon once. It definitely sounds like the focus might be on the general concept of social justice warriors, etc. more so than Caitlyn Jenner herself.

Here's hoping Matt and Trey knock this one out of the park anyway.

As a note, is Randy wearing a skirt, or just a blanket? This would be a convenient time to continue the Lorde story arc, given there's already people guessing this episode will be transphobic...

And don't panic, we will have a preview clip tomorrow. Also, I realize the UI of this forum is a bit long-in-the-tooth, and we're planning a new version; suggestions and thoughts are welcome.

Good to hear!

The forum was well-integrated in the old site but looks a bit stepchild-y here. I second BRMBug's note -- the white sides look kind of awkward in some parts of the site. A lot of the graphics seem to be gone - no Reply button, etc. Could also use graphics for each forum - new posts, no new posts, etc.

Are you planning to upgrade to a newer version of PHPBB at any point, if I may ask?

You think you can tell Trey and Matt to dial back their Randy usage quite a bit? A lot of the die-hard fans, like myself, would greatly appreciate that.

I can confirm that a sizable segment of fans is bored with Randy episodes. A small number of them were boycotting the social media feeds over it. There's a lot of fans who don't like dealing with the adult characters at all and want to see more of the kids, and some who believe other adult characters deserve some time as well, versus just Randy.

He seems to be a hit with the target audience nonetheless though, and Trey, so I imagine that'll guide production.
OFFICIAL SOUTH PARK STUDIOS WIKI MODERATOR
My SP Forums | My Fanfics | My Fanart | My Wiki Talk Page
Favorite Characters: Kenny and family, Wendy, Tweek, Kevin Stoley, Mephesto, Pip (RIP)
Favorite Episode: "The List" (s11e14)
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:41 am

As a note, is Randy wearing a skirt, or just a blanket?

I was guessing a kilt or blanket. ah welcome back South Park.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:22 am

Oh no, not this transginger crap again! Haven't we had enough of it with Garrison? I know people were asking for it, but seriously, hasn't South Park explored the farthest reaches of this topic already? Unless Jenner gets into a violent fight with Lana Wachowski - another transginger "beauty" who is also stunning beyond belief - I don't think I'll be very impressed by this one. The new principal twist is somewhat intriguing, though. Somewhat.

And yes, the current layout sucks Jenner's fake vajayjay big time. Just bring back the good old classic version and make it work properly for variety's sake. That'll do just fine.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:13 am

nwt000 wrote:Is the episode "Stunning and Brave" or "Stunning and Beautiful"?

Stunning and Brave.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:27 am

I haven’t seen a preview clip so I don’t know about this episode. I wanted a Jenner episode though. One of the pics shows Cartman beaten up in the hospital and the other of Randy in maybe Lorde clothes. Randy looks like he was drinking heavy too and just woke up. Maybe Randy beat up Cartman when he was wasted? I don’t know who the new principal will be. I remember that Jenner got into trouble with saying some bull about gays to Ellen DeGeneres. Will Jazzy Jennings be in this episode? I want to see a picture of Jenner in South Park form. It would be funny to see Jenner do all this Olympian stuff and be like I’m a girl and way better than guys at sports. I’ll have to see and hear more to see if I like any of this at all. Maybe it is Garrison who becomes the new principal? That would explain a lot. I think someone already came up with the idea of Garrison and Jenner going at it... but in a fight.

Plus there is also the Jenner car accident where a person died.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Nicovic

Postby Nicovic » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:54 am

Hmmm, sounds pretty interesting, and poor Cartman, I wonder what's going to happen to him this time. :D
But, I just have non-typical question.
Will be there a possibility to see closed captions on CC in the premiere ?
Or they will arrive later? Or I just have to wait until they release this episode on this site?
Deaf South Park fan. :) Feel free to make friend with me, I won't bite. :)
MoonBear70

Postby MoonBear70 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:35 am

Wow. Another South Park episode centered around gender identity issues. What a rare occurrence. The horse is dead. Stop beating it. Come on, Man! :?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:23 am

Nicovic wrote:Hmmm, sounds pretty interesting, and poor Cartman, I wonder what's going to happen to him this time. :D
But, I just have non-typical question.
Will be there a possibility to see closed captions on CC in the premiere ?
Or they will arrive later? Or I just have to wait until they release this episode on this site?

If you watch on TV, they run Closed Captions on the first airing in live TV mode (Like what you see on a news channel) Later reruns, they have the regular closed captioning. They've done this for several years now.

If you watch online, you'll see them as well. It's an FCC requirement now.
Stan and Kyle :)
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:43 pm

Sounds like we've got a bit of introspection in the season premiere. I smell a montage of the boys calling each other gay.

Fatass looks like he was on the wrong end of an ass-whoopin' here.
I'm sure he deserved it. Hell, he deserves it even if that's the opening scene.

I can't imagine Eric being able to confront his racist dickishness the way the press release suggests. As much as I hate him for constantly being a selfish assh*le, to shift Fatass away from that now would be jarring.

Randy almost looks like he's wearing a kilt. And does his shirt say "please"?
We have been getting a lot of him in recent years. The Lorde arc was like having a Randy episode strung out over the entire season. I don't mind all the Randy episodes, but too often, the boys get lost in a story about Randy being a dumbass.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”