*1805: The Magic Bush* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1805: The Magic Bush* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Begins in just a few minutes!
kfgg

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Probably the most airtime Craig's parents ever had.

I see the Ferguson, MO and the drone controversy, combined with the celebrity images stolen from phones mixed together here.
Stan and Kyle :)
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:43 pm

I'm not prepared to leave a review here, so I'll just note some "Pointless Observations":
- They changed the Bus Stop. Holy sh*t.
- I'm already working on a new Wiki article for 'Laura Tucker'; have to say though, I don't really like the new re-design. Shre was given a facelift in season 12's "Pandemic" that fits in fine with the current characters so it feels pretty needless. Her voice sounds vaguely similar to Nathan's Mom and Douchebag's in SoT -- do we have a new voice actress?
- As a further note, Thomas' voice was actually somewhat consistent between "Tweek vs. Craig" and "Pandemic" but here it's a much more generic higher-pitched Matt Stone redneck voice.
- Roger Donovan's name re-affirmed and he's still around despite his wife's death, though why he's heading the meeting is here is never explained or elaborated upon.
- The 'Cissies' bathroom is still there.
- The Janitor from 'You're Getting Old' came back! Meaningless callbacks/cameos are always the best.
- The bit of Peter Nelson having sex with his wife looked like it was lifted from Stick of Truth. I couldn't tell much from the scene but it looked similar to the game animation.
- Stephen Stotch re-affirmed, now with a middle name of Stephen Willis Stotch... so, where the hell did 'Chris' come from exactly?
- During the end we can spot Wendy with her parents and I think she's female again. Very far back. We can also see Kenny's family in their old formal outfits, including Kevin, but no sign of Karen for me. She might've been hidden behind another patron.
- As a side note, Thomas, Laura, Craig and the rarely-seen unamed sister (the nickname Ruby is common in fan circles) all appear together at the banquet at the end.
OFFICIAL SOUTH PARK STUDIOS WIKI MODERATOR
My SP Forums | My Fanfics | My Fanart | My Wiki Talk Page
Favorite Characters: Kenny and family, Wendy, Tweek, Kevin Stoley, Mephesto, Pip (RIP)
Favorite Episode: "The List" (s11e14)
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:48 pm

8.0 That was a little steamy with all the nudity and sex. I was close to saying it was Craig’s mom, man I wish I had said that. Jimmy really gave it to Craig. That was so funny. I could see that happening to someone. Then Randy having a drone and it being black and the whole Ferguson thing was funny. Still I felt like the episode missed out on some laughs. It could have used a few more. I don’t think everyone will ever all own a drone. I know I will never have one. I would feel like spying on chicks and I know I would get arrested. Still it would be so funny if this happened to someone’s mom. You would think she would just learn to shave? What was up with all the wine drinking in bed? It was a fruity vision of our future world and drone use. The end was weird with the drones chasing the blowup doll with a big bush. The story teller jester guy was good. Craig should have had something to say about his moms bush being online. Still I felt it was a little weak of an episode. The Jennifer Lawrence butthole joke was good but to bad I don't think those pics or vids are out there.
What seems to be the officer problem?
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:06 pm

8.1/10
This episode wasn't exactly perfect but it definitely had it's moments of brilliance. Nice to see Craig's mom pick up a name (looks like she got a bit of a makeover too). Some of the other great parts of this episode included Butters actually pushing Cartman around, Jimmy busting Craig's balls, all of the adults' crazy pubic hair puns, the drones reenacting the whole Ferguson, MO drama, all of the drones following Stephen's drone with the blowup doll with a carpet over it's crotch and the whole ballad of Craig's Mom's Bush. All in all, I'd say it was a decent episode and I'm already dying to see next week's show.
Female345

Postby Female345 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:41 pm

It was a good episode
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:55 pm

I see a few of us, myself included, are on Reddit too. :)
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:12 pm

It.. was okay. I giggled here and there, and really lost it... somewhere in the middle. (i can't really remember what it was I laughed at now.) All the extra 3D animation kinda blew my mind. Especially the blow up doll with the fright wig between it's legs.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:00 pm

JVM wrote:do we have a new voice actress?

The credits list Elise Gabriel.

JVM wrote:During the end we can spot Wendy with her parents and I think she's female again. Very far back.

She's female again.

JVM wrote:We can also see Kenny's family in their old formal outfits, including Kevin, but no sign of Karen for me. She might've been hidden behind another patron.

We get to see the McCormicks from both front and back, but she's not there in either case.
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:02 am

Despite having Kenny in on the initial shenanigans, he just disappeared from the episode before too long and it became all about Butters & Fatass. Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

I liked the running joke about everyone not copping to totally watching the Craig's Mom's Bush video. It's a funny observation about how many people are with admitting what they've seen online.

The allegory to Ferguson and their racist cops was clumsy at best after the initial one-liner about Randy's drone being black.

Butters' dad is kind of like Randy in that he's at his best when he's being really stupid, so his contribution was pretty good; getting all paranoid about his drone.

I think this episode is missing an end where it comes and bites Butters in the ass or even better, Cartman's ass. It would be no trouble to track down who uploaded the initial Craig's Mom video. Because that didn't happen, it made it hard to suspend my disbelief and enjoy an ending where Butters isn't grounded and Fatass is not in deep sh*t.

Finally, I will add my two cents about bush. I'm pretty much with Laura Tucker on this one. With all the deforestation out there, it's refreshing to see a lady bucking this trend. But it's nice that there is variety out there. Do what you want with that area, people; whatever makes you happy. That's my position.

You read it! You can't unread it!
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:36 am

I like the way they handled this "delicate issue," except...How come Youtube allowed this video to gain 300 million views? That's the most unrealistic thing about it. And Jennifer Lawrence's butthole actually did take pictures of itself. Those were motherfucking selfies! Yeah, so the candlelight vigil and the minstrel's ballad pretty much made it for me. I agree that the Ferguson metaphor was a little clumsy, but it was funny nonetheless. I believe Cartman had to borrow the blowup doll from his mom's enormous collection of sex toys. She's a hobby enthusiast too, y'know. I also believe that the spooky music accompanying Steven talking about drones was supposed to be a tribute to Halloween. Sort of.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:51 am

VACOOLA wrote: I also believe that the spooky music accompanying Steven talking about drones was supposed to be a tribute to Halloween. Sort of.

I thought that too the first time I heard the spooky music. I thought: "Yay! A Halloween episode!" The music was a theme throughout the episode. And the way Butter's Dad described the mysterious ways of the drone flying itself - very spooky for Halloween! :wink:
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:14 am

Better than I thought it would be but still not brilliant. It had a few funny moments. Mr. Stotch believing his drone controls itself, never thinking Butters would use it just because 'he's not allowed'. Like that ever stops kids? lol Cartman's lies growing more insane each time he's confronted. The 'bush' puns. I see they still have the cissy bathroom. Wonder if Stan is still using it? lol

Well I now know what drones are and the issues with them. Sure it seems kinda cool to use but it would get old fast. I'd rather watch videos on the internet than take them myself. I'm not into technology at all. Kinda silly how there was a face-off of all these different types of drones. So Cartman drove all of the machines out and what... no one could retrieve them back since they were so far away? So everyone lost their drones?

I give it a 7/10.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:12 am

Good episode. Nevertheless I don't see the reasons to estimate it higher than 7.2/10. Practically all fans assumptions who are present here were confirmed. It doesn't give hope. Kenny could be given and a little more time and after all he again survived, reference to events in Ferguson is clear, but I agree with writing above, it's presented somehow strange and clumsily though it was fanny to watch. Perhaps using spooky music M&T tried to apologize, what can't give the full-fledged episode connected with Halloween?
Stanluv25 wrote:. I see they still have the cissy bathroom. Wonder if Stan is still using it? lol

Why not? If the room still there, it means someone continues to use it.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:16 am

agent-FSS wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:. I see they still have the cissy bathroom. Wonder if Stan is still using it? lol

Why not? If the room still there, it means someone continues to use it.

And it means that the cissy bathroom is now an official part of South Park from last week's episode until the time that the show finally ends.

It was good to see Jimbo again. And he had a speaking role :o

I didn't see Ned, though. Anyone see him?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”