*1903: The City Part of Town* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1903: The City Part of Town* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:29 pm

All-new episode starting shortly on Comedy Central!
FreeQuebec86

Re: *1903: The City Part of Town* Post-Air Discussion

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:13 pm

" a Viewpoint on historic Kenny's house "

LOL great start!!! But what are a Whole-sale? Costco ??? The thing randy want but "Trump Garrisson" make them look like rascist a-hole lol.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:24 pm

The City Wok guy (As always) and Trey voicing the fake commercials is the best of this episode.
Stan and Kyle :)
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:32 pm

FreeQuebec86 wrote:" a Viewpoint on historic Kenny's house "

LOL great start!!! But what are a Whole-sale? Costco ??? The thing randy want but "Trump Garrisson" make them look like rascist a-hole lol.

Whole Foods
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com
FreeQuebec86

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:39 pm

nall wrote:
FreeQuebec86 wrote:" a Viewpoint on historic Kenny's house "

Whole Foods
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com

Yeah i get it at the end lol. A hipster supermarket.

South Park is becoming more and more "hipster" ( like real little town ). Can't wait to see how it turn out lol, love the countinuity.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:45 pm

8.4/10
Another strong episode with a bunch of funny commercials, classic Tuong Lu Kim antics, the town sucking up to Whole Foods, the hilarious but swanky developments in town and an optimistic new direction for the town as a whole. One last question: Is Wendy actually into skateboarding or is it just part of the facade the residents of South Park are putting on?
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:46 pm

This episode was too nice for me. I guess I read too far into what the episode would be like but man there was really not enough action for me. And Whole Foods is a place I hate. I can’t get a job there and the food is food I wouldn’t want to eat and it is more expensive.

Couldn’t the City Wok guy have done something more fun? He didn’t kill anyone and it’s like he may be out of the show in the future. I don’t like how this episode is so nice and friendly. It could be like the biggest pussy episode ever because they wanted a Whole Foods and got one and then wanted minorities to live there… eewwww.

So is the future of South Park now messed up and it isn’t a small town? I like the idea of the episode but if the sodosopa is going to be around all the time I don’t know what to think. I didn’t really like the commercials much sorry. Kenny giving his sister a doll was sweet and all but I needed to see someone die at least. I’ll give it a 7/10 as because of the Kenny family and their house being in the middle of the sodosopa. That was funny but there wasn’t enough extreme for me. The child labor should have been done so much better. All it ends with is a fight and then all is fine.

This episode was weak and the PC stuff is damaging the show with this episode. Now there is a sodosopa and whole foods and PC principal. How will all of this sh*t be flushed away? Fallon should have been slammed and not get a free walk too.
What seems to be the officer problem?
2coolhipdude

Postby 2coolhipdude » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:57 pm

It's OK to pick on gays, hipsters, liberals and other douche-bags in general. What Trey and Matt need to understand, is that if you pick on them too much, then the show itself becomes gay, liberal and full of douche-baggery.

Stunning and Brave-5/10
Where My Country Gone-7/10
The City Part of Town-5/10
2coolhipdude

Postby 2coolhipdude » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Oops, almost forgot.

10 years. Yay!!
2coolhipdude

Postby 2coolhipdude » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:07 pm

How will all of this sh*t be flushed away?

I'm hoping this is all a dream sequence for Kyle or Cartman.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:20 pm

In the words of triplemultiplex, "Kenny's such a good brother"
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:23 pm

JamesPup wrote:I’ll give it a 7/10 as because of the Kenny family and their house being in the middle of the sodosopa.

That alone is worth 7/10 for you? Despite having almost nothing positive to say about this episode, you give it a 7? Do you also serve as a judge for the Special Olympics?

Unless I really like an episode, I will no longer share my opinion. I'm just sounding like a worn out record. Kind of like almost all episodes past season 15. It was just crap. I didn't laugh once except for the comment on "Colorado's many oceans" during one of the several obnoxious filler live-action sequences. What pisses me off most is that this episode had a promising premise, and that with this ridiculous canon continuity theme per season, the entire universe within the show is permanently altered for the worst. I don't plan on going out of my way to watch any new episodes anymore.
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:46 pm

This is one of the most exciting episodes of South Park in a long, long time. That doesn't mean it's necessarily a good or even great episode, but it's exciting, at least for me.

I've said several times a lot of the show's best stories are the stories focused on the town as a whole - the Earth won't be destroyed and America will go on, but the town of South Park can be threatened and/or destroyed. The stakes are really high enough to reel any regular viewer in and personal enough that we should get focus on the characters we enjoy and not have to see boring one-off government scientists and generals. The plot reminded me a lot of "Weight Gain 4000", one of my favorite old-school episodes -- all the preparations to make the town look good for the rest of the world. I might've hoped for the representative to be a little more interesting.

The City Wok stuff was sort of so-so, it's not bad, but it's pushed out of focus by all the other stuff going on and feels separate, as do the McCormicks' brief bits. Like in the episode's own SodaSopa, the McCormicks are mostly reduced to a small sideshow in the grander scheme of the town. It would've been really cool to finally learn a little more about them - does Stuart actually have a job right now? Will Carol ever be referred to by that name on-screen? Does Kevin have a personality? Considering SodaSopa is still there, I'm hoping these guys will be revisited in the future and we'll find out the truth. Unsure of City Wok's own future considering the ending's focus is again so quickly shifted away. I imagine it'll be back sooner or later, just as I do Principal Victoria and Mr. Garrison, but we'll see.

The characters took a huge leap in this episode though too -- this is the FIRST time we've seen Officer Barbrady and Detective Harris interact (they've been on-screen before, but usually only one is really in focus) and Dr. Doctor also joins the 'regular' townspeople for pretty much the first time. Dr. Tom from "Tom's Rhinoplasty", who hasn't been seen in a decade and a half, can be seen a few times, and Ms. Stevens from "Rainforest Schmainforest" leads the choir and can be seen at SodoSopa. Mr. Gueermo, Darryl Weathers, Randy's co-worker Nelson, Dr. Adams from "The Poor Kid", the Panda Express Guy from "Cock Magic"... there's more of these than I can count, and that's saying something. Priest Maxi has his first lines in six seasons, the Mayor's new aide his first-ever, and Dr. Mephesto, while non-speaking is quite visually prominent for the first time in years, too.

Is Craig actually gay? I'm pretty sure it's just a joke but it'd be interesting if that panned out into something. While most of the characters don't have 'regular' seats since the Fourth Grade (there were mostly regular ones in the Third) Timmy is always, always to the far left or occasionally far right. When I finish my fansite I'm actually hoping to get a whole list of these. Might've been fun to see Mr. Wyland back for the teacher but it actually made a lot of sense to choose a random Asian woman, given the attempts to showcase diversity.

The only continuity snarls are the changed map of the top-left corner of town (Jimbo's Guns is gone, but it was there in "Cock Magic" and the game) and debatably, the presence of the YGO Ranchers as Cattle Ranchers, a role previously held by Bill Denkins, who returned for the game. Here's hoping he's on his way back, too. I may speculate the absence of Jimbo and Ned alongside Mr. Garrison -- I'm not sure I spotted Ryan Valmer either, but his wife was present -- may have to do with what's becoming an arc as Garrion runs for president. It'd be really cool to see more of them next time.

I'm not one to give episodes rankings. For now, I really enjoyed this one.
OFFICIAL SOUTH PARK STUDIOS WIKI MODERATOR
My SP Forums | My Fanfics | My Fanart | My Wiki Talk Page
Favorite Characters: Kenny and family, Wendy, Tweek, Kevin Stoley, Mephesto, Pip (RIP)
Favorite Episode: "The List" (s11e14)
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:29 pm

I wish they would quit with the continuation. That is what South Park was great for. If something stupid happened, they could forget about it and move on.

Instead we still have PC Principal. Garrison is still in Washington DC.

I mean seriously. I know it's 2015 and 2015 kinda sucks, but there's something that could make it suck less, and that something is South Park. Instead, they're just going with the 2015. Don't give in to it.

Yes, this episode had it's good moments. They all do except for a select few. But it could be better if they would do what they do best.
Stan and Kyle :)
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:33 pm

Good seeing Dr. Mephesto again!

This was one of the better episodes. The live action cuts were great. I liked the child labor produced commercial for City Wok/Historic CtPaTown :lol:

Great continuity. Instead of each episode standing on it's own as in past seasons, where some of the early episode in a season weren't as good as later episodes, here each episode builds on the previous episode which also saves a lot of "setup" time for the episode as the "setup" was done last week. Brilliant!

This episode had a true Act I, Act II, and Act III. Particularly funny was the running joke of Kyle's speeches where the Mayor looked at Kyle and said: "No speeches." :lol:

Kenny coming through for his sister instead of giving the child labor wages he earned at City Wok shows that Kenny has a heart of gold.

9/10 plus extra points for the live action makes it 10+/10.

Great job, M&T :D

Looking forward to see what 1904 will add to the mix.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”