*1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

iloveyouguys

Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion

Postby iloveyouguys » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:48 am

i'd say fag is very much on topic.

fag? fag? homsexshal?

edit: why isn't this kid getting filtered?
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:57 am

*ahem* FAG. Thank you.
This was a good-strong episode. There's really not alot I can say about it that everyone else hasn't already... no, maybe there is.
I still think this was spawned by the Drew Gooden incident. Or partially fueled anyway.
I got a big kick out of how all of the bikers acted pretty much like the 6th graders on their bikes. And them actually "hrub-bubing" on their bikes (and while riding them) reminds me of the old Aggie joke. (why do aggies have windshield wipers on the inside of their cars? ":P" ) The return of the rooster had me on the floor again. Maybe it's growing up in Texas, I don't know. It's just so god damned funny!
Bike-Curious had me groan-laughing with my head in my hands.
The library scene was priceless too, and although I could see it coming a mile away, I still laughed at that too.

Most of you know me. I have a mixture of motor oil and gasoline pumping through my veins. I love loud vehicles, with the exception of Hondas (too tinny). I could take or leave Harleys. (And this almost makes me cream my jeans)
I still can't believe how thick I can be at times. The Emmanuel Lewis joke didn't even register with me until I read 3MX's post about it. Image And I agree the ending was a bit odd, but was still funny.

Oh, and look who I found!

Big-Will wrote:Heh, I ruined his post just by hitting the edit button, looking at it, and hitting submit. I didn't change a thing, but part of it was changed.

Yeah, I did that yesterday on the prod. blog discussion thread. I meant to quote myself then add to it to draw attention back to it, but wound up accidentally deleting it instead. :roll: Woopse!
bunnasoo

Postby bunnasoo » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:05 am

GREAT EPISODE! Another moral-certainties-in-a-blender ride... one minute ha ha yes those bikers are horribly annoying I'm so glad we're laughing at them, then I'm slapped in the face by the priest with the GOD HATES FGS sign or Butters eloquent defense of what he thinks they stand for. I LOVE these SP episodes that feel like reading a Robert Anton Wilson book.
Lee1965

Postby Lee1965 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:18 am

Another ballsy episode, and thoroughly enjoyable. Matt and Trey are certainly more ballsy than the wannabe badasses who rev those insufferable machines in my neighborhood (yuppies mostly). I just hope they don't get any trouble with the Hells Angels. Those guys are kind of scary.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:21 am

1Spectre4U wrote:I used to work in tool and die shops and this hits so close to home it's practically not funny.

:o ...Martin?!?!
Starlene

Postby Starlene » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:21 am

Interesting bookend to Randy Goes to Washington where African-Americans stood in a silent group after the "seven words away from guy" rule made "n*gger" sound like it had lost its offensiveness when it obviously has not.

The only reasons 4th graders can say F4G as a derogative more freely than n*gger are because a) they are not afraid of getting their asses kicked by real homosexuals, and b) they hear it all the time on SP.
Juventin

Seen worse

Postby Juventin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:33 am

2.3/5 ** episode, eh it had his moments...
Stickyresin

Postby Stickyresin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:34 am

warchild1488 wrote:PS: I equipped my Harley with 12" non-baffled exhaust pipes, and it is extremely loud. I enjoy riding through crowded parking lots, or alternatively through residential areas late at night setting off car alarms. I don't care what peoples perception of that is, I find it effin hillarious.

So basically you aren't denying that people like you are fags?

I loved this episode. All of these harley riders responding here just look retarded and if they had any real mental capacity they would realize they are just reinforcing what the episode said.
warchild1488

Postby warchild1488 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:37 am

Starlene wrote:Interesting bookend to Randy Goes to Washington where African-Americans stood in a silent group after the "seven words away from guy" rule made "n*gger" sound like it had lost its offensiveness when it obviously has not.

The only reasons 4th graders can say F4G as a derogative more freely than n*gger are because a) they are not afraid of getting their asses kicked by real homosexuals, and b) they hear it all the time on SP.

why would anyone of any age group be afraid of gay's? all said, funny ass episode, those 2 guys must have some bad ass lawyers.
warchild1488

Postby warchild1488 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:45 am

Stickyresin wrote:
warchild1488 wrote:PS: I equipped my Harley with 12" non-baffled exhaust pipes, and it is extremely loud. I enjoy riding through crowded parking lots, or alternatively through residential areas late at night setting off car alarms. I don't care what peoples perception of that is, I find it effin hillarious.

So basically you aren't denying that people like you are homosexuals?

I loved this episode. All of these harley riders responding here just look retarded and if they had any real mental capacity they would realize they are just reinforcing what the episode said.

What I actually meant was that I don't care how people describe bikers on TV or the internet, or behind my back. When you find a crybaby douchebag, that will actually walk up to a 6'2" 250lb biker and call me a fag I will be impressed, not offended. What you should do is find the nearest Coalition of Motorcyle Clubs in your area, and attend one of their meetings and tell them what annoying fags they are, and how upset their noise making makes you.... then let me know how that worked out for you.
Starlene

Postby Starlene » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:50 am

warchild1488 wrote:why would anyone of any age group be afraid of gay's?

thats my point dude it's not "ballsy" to dis gays because in general they will not kick your ass, just like it's not "ballsy" to disrespect women

it's not that we don't want to fight back, darling-- especially when we're portrayed as willingly going along with a wider use of the F-word (what a bunch of booshia)

It's jus that wen you are 10% of the population and you can't multiply, folks tend to think of you as a permanent and therefore permanently disrespectable minority--

Ironic this episiode wd air so close to the defeat in Maine. O Joy how homophobia really no longer exists in South Park.

Definitely a cartoon. :lol:
spokojasne

Postby spokojasne » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:52 am

why in the country of so called freedom, you can not speak some words?

coz' it will hurt feelings of some group?
well f*ck you fags, n*ggers, cripples, reds, japs, jerrys,
or anything you find offencive...

and keep in mind i am not hating any of this groups,
but i have the right to call them whatever i like so stop telling me what it is ok to say, and what it is not,
mind your own f*cking vocabulary, not vocabulary of other people... - dont be a god damn fascist
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:57 am

Today's lesson comes from Kyle: "Just because a person is gay doesn't mean he's a fag." You've gotta admit, there are a fair number of cool gay characters on the show. Would you call them fags if you knew them and liked them? The boys do not.

Even ten years ago, Matt and Trey were thinking about this. When the Mole said "Where is your merciful faggot God now?" was he calling God gay, or was he calling Him a prick?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Raisinz

Postby Raisinz » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:03 pm

The only thing I didn't get is that the kids have said f@g in other episodes to describe gays, but now suddenly they think it means something else?

Other than that it was pretty funny, an OK episode. I was surprised Garrison wasn't in it though. I think that would have made it funnier.
MountainTrash

Postby MountainTrash » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:10 pm

The worst episode ever. The episode wasn't even funny.

I truly believe in free speech, relish this American freedom, and believe South Park has every right to be offensive or say anything whenever desired. However, a few references here and there to "that's gay" or other such hate-speech (week after week and year after year) is a FAR cry from an entire episode devoted to the word "homosexual".

South Park would be off the air in seconds if there had been an entire episode using 'n*gger' or 'spic' or 'kike', but you feel it's OK to hit the airwaves with 'homosexual'. It's more than offensive, it's disgusting. Trying to excuse homophobia by claiming there are variations of word usage/meaning is unacceptable.

I've been a big fan since the show's inception but I am angry and unwilling to be tolerant of blatant on-air hate speech. I think South Park's creators, writers, and producers owe the GLBT community a huge apology.

Are you cerial??? You missed the ENTIRE point of the episode? You sir should be crowned F.A.G of the year you friggen stick bundeling jackball! Don't let the door hit you in the red rosie on the way out.

Great episode! We need more outlandish episodes such as Butter's bottom biatch.. Semen farting cops FTW!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”