*1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nwt000
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nwt000 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:39 pm

I knew Cartman would get screwed over again! Ha, millions of potential dollars flushed down the toilet! So does that make the Testaburgers richer than the Blacks now? Cartman never seems to succeed with cash schemes. Great ending with Casey Miller ripping on him. Wow, what Miller said is what I think of Cartman. So does that mean all of the slut stuff was true? If so, Wendy will need to interview me on the Chair of Truth with nwt000. Cartman probably resigned and made Kyle student body president. So does that mean her and Stan are done as a couple? Good look with a Jonas Brother, Chase Crawford, or a similar hunk, Wendy. I guess this would be a 8.1/10 a bit off, and if that stuff Cartman said is really true about Wendy, I will puke my balls out through my mouth. Butters also probably got grounded by his parents for pissing on the Testaburgers' door. Just concerned about her and Stan's future, if there is one for that matter. :cry:
Last edited by nwt000 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Wii fit man » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:39 pm

I have to agree with Triple. That opening scene keeps it out of my top 10 episodes, but it remains a 10/10.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
deathmap
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby deathmap » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:40 pm

awesome episode! best this run!

so far:
1.dances with smurfs
2.wtf
3.whale whores
4.butters' bottom bitch
5.dead celebrities
6. the f-word

all good though! defiantly getting this one on dvd! :D
pdfsmail
Posts: 2038
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 9:08 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby pdfsmail » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:40 pm

sooo..

a rundown of the episode....


gotta love it...

- poor Gordon at the beginning
- cartman taking advantage of his position...
- His gullible Smurf followers (Butters!)
- The way he stands up against the class president and the principal.
- the video on the announcements.. with the smurfs
- Butters peeing on the door then Wendy's dad opening the door... and Wendy's reaction...
- Wendy countering cartman on his own show...
- The whole deal with the movie..
- cartman is now president..
- Of course.. Casey Casem! and that lovely last announcement!

don't forget the alien!


10/10
love it!
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
Miko hanyou
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:26 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Miko hanyou » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:40 pm

XD oh god! I hate glenn beck and rush, seeing cartman as them and butter and the other kids as the tea partiers is just great. It's almost close as i see those people in real life.

The crying was just priceless.

Sarah palin parody....HA! XD
Image
Image
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Wii fit man » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:41 pm

nwt000 wrote:I knew Cartman would get screwed over again! Ha, millions of potential dollars flushed down the toilet! So does that make the Testaburgers richer than the Blacks now? Cartman never seems to succeed with cash schemes. Great ending with Casey Miller ripping on him. Wow, what Miller said is what I think of Cartman. So does that mean all of the slut stuff was true? If so, Wendy will need to interview me on the Chair of Truth with nwt000. Cartman probably resigned and made Kyle student body president. So does that mean her and Stan are done as a couple? Good look with a Jonas Brother, Chase Crawford, or a similar hunk, Wendy. I guess this would be a 7.1/10 a bit off, and if that stuff Cartman said is really true about Wendy, I will puke my balls out through my mouth. Butters also probably got grounded by his parents for pissing on the Testaburgers' door. Just concerned about her and Stan's future, if there is one for that matter. :cry:

1. I don't think they'll have issues. They've survived worse.

2. It's not. Wendy just turned the tables on him.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Eimii
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Eimii » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:41 pm

I never really got to listen to Casey Kasem on his radio show... but I loved his role on a certain Hanna-Barbera cartoon... ;) So I liked the Casey Miller kid that was intended to portray him.

I got such a laugh out of Cartman portraying Glenn Beck, even doing the chalkboard 'KILL SMURFS' as the equivalent to 'OLIGARH' (though he meant it to be 'oligarchy') They even threw in a joke about that weird-looking Avatar movie that's coming out.

I greatly enjoyed it - 9.5/10 for me!
Nebenator
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:18 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Nebenator » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Pegazeus wrote:Despite a few amusing moments, this episode was not that good. What the hell was that episode even about? Honestly, that felt like a mish mash on a Tuesday morning. The second half of this season has officially been a letdown. Goddammit, I'm so bummed after watching this.

6/10

Same.
I really have no idea how anyone could think this was a good episode. I laughed at the Butters peeing scene, and the Avatar screening. About as bad as Pip or Eat, Pray, Queef.

But the past few episodes made up for it.
nwt000
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nwt000 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Nebenator wrote:
Pegazeus wrote:Despite a few amusing moments, this episode was not that good. What the hell was that episode even about? Honestly, that felt like a mish mash on a Tuesday morning. The second half of this season has officially been a letdown. Goddammit, I'm so bummed after watching this.

6/10

Same.
I really have no idea how anyone could think this was a good episode. I laughed at the Butters peeing scene, and the Avatar screening. About as bad as Pip or Eat, Pray, Queef.

But the past few episodes made up for it.

God, it's like any episode that has Wendy as a main purpose gets panned by critics.
gudlyf
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:17 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby gudlyf » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Where this week's hidden alien was: http://clak.us/trng
Nebenator
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:18 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Nebenator » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:48 pm

nwt000 wrote:
Nebenator wrote:
Pegazeus wrote:Despite a few amusing moments, this episode was not that good. What the hell was that episode even about? Honestly, that felt like a mish mash on a Tuesday morning. The second half of this season has officially been a letdown. Goddammit, I'm so bummed after watching this.

6/10

Same.
I really have no idea how anyone could think this was a good episode. I laughed at the Butters peeing scene, and the Avatar screening. About as bad as Pip or Eat, Pray, Queef.

But the past few episodes made up for it.

God, it's like any episode that has Wendy as a main purpose gets panned by critics.

I just didn't think the episode was funny. And do defend your point, the episode "Breast Cancer Show Ever" remains in my top 25.
kfgg
Posts: 2783
Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:48 pm

Easy on Glenn Beck. He's doing exactly what he's done since the 80s. Entertaining people on radio.

He has mental issues. He's very paranoid. He's not a bad radio personality at all. He's DJed at many known stations in the past, just like Casey Kasem. However, getting into talk radio, later leading to Fox News Channel I honestly don't believe was a good thing for him at all.

Both Casey Kasem and Glenn Beck had/have their shows syndicated by Premere Radio Networks (a unit of Clear Channel Communications known for always firing people and being cheap)

They replaced Casey with Ryan Seacrest on the Top-40 version of his show back in 2004. They then finally just this past year canceled his 2 shows American Top-10.

Beck drags in the ratings as nothing more then a good radio host with some serious issues. Like all other talk hosts, people will believe what he says if they chose to do so. Fox News Channel and HLN saw his first radio show (ran by CBS Radio affiliates such as the dead "Free FM" brand launched after Howard Stern moved to what is now Sirius|XM)

I do not share his political views, but I understand the industry he works in a lot more then the people that watch it.

It's entertainment and nothing more. In addition, he suffers from ADHD and probably some form of OCD or serious anxiety (alcoholism among other things) This makes him paranoid, and thus he goes on these crazy tirades because he's afraid Barack Obama is a socialist. He shares this information on his programs in the same way I would share what I think of the state of the music industry or bands as a music DJ (which Glenn Beck originally was for many years)

Hope this brings some insight into both "Casey" and "Cartman" in this episode.
Stan and Kyle :)
HAcoreRD
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:28 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby HAcoreRD » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:50 pm

it felt slow paced and forced. Wendy didn't do much. Meh.
Pegazeus
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Pegazeus » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:50 pm

God, it's like any episode that has Wendy as a main purpose gets panned by critics.


Not at all. I was expecting another Breast Cancer Show Ever. To me, that episode was perfect Cartman douchebaggery. Here, it was drowned out by their Glen Beck spoof. I was hoping for more cynical insults from Cartman, a bigger showdown, and not such a lousy payoff. I don't know, I just didn't like this episode. The beginning was great, but that's it. Why can't we get great episodes anymore?
ssouthparkk4602
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:49 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ssouthparkk4602 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Glenn Beck likes SP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm_6rNVCN1s

"I love SP, I gotta tell ya. They nail it!"

Well Glenn, did they nail it this time?

HAHA!
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests