*1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Biscuits

Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Biscuits » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:12 pm

This episode was funny. I loved that they made fun of those bigfoot hunters. I laughed when Cartman sang that little hymn about the Republicans and Jesus.

Awhile ago, I thought an episode idea about Cartman becoming Jewish. Here it is:

Cartman decides to become Jewish just so he could get 8 days of Hanukkah presents from his mother. He wakes up, puts on a fake nose, curly side burns, and a kippah. Basically, looks ridiculous. Then he goes to the school bus stop, and says "Hey, I'm Jewish now! Ready for Hanukkah, Kyle? I'm so stoked for 8 days worth of presents!". And Kyle gets pissed off. Later on, he asks Kyle to share with him the location of the secret cave where all of the Jew gold is stored.
ems1776

Postby ems1776 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:16 pm

I wouldn't be surprised at a 2nd part. They've got a lot of explaining to do about the relationship between Cartman and Kyle now that Fatass is Jewish. Overall the episode was really good though it didnt come close to Fantastic Easter Special and I really want to see what happens between Cartman and Kyle now.
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:19 pm

He won't be Jewish too long :lol:
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:27 pm

dunno why this popped into my head while watching last night.
South Park Jesus

Postby South Park Jesus » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:54 pm

I think we all realize Cartman being Jewish is a gag of some sort... the point is it's one of the worst gags this show has ever produced. There are only a few things integral to Cartman's personality and one of them is avid antisemitism. There is simply no situation that justifies a radical decision by him to suddenly follow Judaism seriously. I too can picture him faking it for Hanukkah presents, but this was nothing like that. It seemed he was serious and even if he'll forget it later that doesn't matter... this is just something that completely violates the nature of his character, and no use of his shifty side can really make up for that big a plot hole.
Imy

Postby Imy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:24 am

South Park Jesus wrote:I think we all realize Cartman being Jewish is a gag of some sort... the point is it's one of the worst gags this show has ever produced. There are only a few things integral to Cartman's personality and one of them is avid antisemitism. There is simply no situation that justifies a radical decision by him to suddenly follow Judaism seriously. I too can picture him faking it for Hanukkah presents, but this was nothing like that. It seemed he was serious and even if he'll forget it later that doesn't matter... this is just something that completely violates the nature of his character, and no use of his shifty side can really make up for that big a plot hole.

THIS. THSI TSHISS STSHSI THIS THSIS THIS.
his name is jard... jared lost weght etn subwy... nwsallone... he liks philidelphia crem ches... :(
Stuie299

Postby Stuie299 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:27 am

I actually thought this episode was gonna be YET another reality/documentary spoof but it wasn't and I'm glad. The whole time I was watching this episode I was thinking it was gonna be a 4 or 5 out of 10 but then the ending happened. I really don't get why people hated the ending. Cartman becoming a Jew bumped it up to a 7 for me. It was totally unexpected and I would actually love it if M&T kept that arch going for at least 1 or 2 episodes.

As far as the rest of this season is concerned I think overall there have been more good episodes then bad ones. I also don't understand all the hate for the Cash 4 Gold episode. I thought that was hilarious. I guess I'd rank the episodes so far in the following order: 2>1>4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3. I absolutely just hated the meme episode. So yeah, M&T keep up the good work. I don't think the show is getting stale at all.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:59 am

South Park Jesus wrote:I think we all realize Cartman being Jewish is a gag of some sort... the point is it's one of the worst gags this show has ever produced. There are only a few things integral to Cartman's personality and one of them is avid antisemitism. There is simply no situation that justifies a radical decision by him to suddenly follow Judaism seriously. I too can picture him faking it for Hanukkah presents, but this was nothing like that. It seemed he was serious and even if he'll forget it later that doesn't matter... this is just something that completely violates the nature of his character, and no use of his shifty side can really make up for that big a plot hole.

His shifty side was very much on display though. Joopacabra was something he made up for one reason: clear out the area the easter egg hunt would be held in so he could have all the hidden goodies for himself.

The clips of the kids fighting during the hunt were priceless, very funny stuff.
AnneM

Postby AnneM » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:42 am

I think Cartman is lying! Maybe he has a... plan? or something?
Ahh! I don't know, I just don't believe Cartman is now a jew. I don't want it.
Well... Kyle is good friend <_<
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:58 am

RichardV1150 wrote:I would love to elaborate on some people's thoughts on this episode, but I'd rather just say some people just want too much, they don't get what they want and whine about it like baby's, ha!

I'd give this a 60/40 split for the audiences happiness, 60 like, 40 dislike, but that's only cause the story line was good, but their was a lacking of stupid jokes. Face it people, Eric T. Cartman may not stay a Jew, but he sure does love Kyle, platonically speaking of course. Haven't any of you ever seen a great show or read a good book? Some of the greatest and most powerful pieces of writing have involved long-time enemies becoming friends! It makes for good storytelling! :)

South Park isn't always out to make you laugh ya know! It's designed to make you think, although others try to put their words in it's mouth and distort it's meaning, calling it libertarian, conservative, left-wing, right-wing. Stop looking for deeper meaning! :? I guess you could say South Park is a resilient show, one that takes one side one day, only to take the other the next.

Next episode don't just look for what you should be laughing at, but what you should take away from the show and learn from.

I guess this week's teachings taught us you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, it might just be stupider than you think! :lol:

OMG you're a genius! lol! I absolutely loved this episode & found it really sweet what Kyle did for Cartman :)

The majority of the ppl on this board just want the show to be dumb so they won't have to think about what they're watching....like Family Guy...which is why I consider it impossible how SP is turning into that crap.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:07 am

South Park Jesus wrote:There are only a few things integral to Cartman's personality and one of them is avid antisemitism.

I don't think that is "integral" to Cartman. His character motivation is based on 1) self-interest and 2) bigotry in general. It's often been bigotry directed at Jews, but it can easily be directed at anyone, so long as it satisfies his "us vs. them" mentality.
If "avid antisemitism" was truly "integral" to Cartman's character, he would have burned Kyle in an oven by now. But mostly, Cartman just enjoys talking sh*t and telling everyone how right he is and how wrong they are. If he thinks it's in his own self-interest (which he did) and he gets something new to lord over other people (which he did) it's not actually that much of a stretch that he would say he would become Jewish now. I mean, recall the Ginger Kids episode. He thought it was in his own self-interest, and he got something new to lord over other people, so he became a rabid advocate of ginger superiority, despite hating them. As soon as it wasn't in his self-interest anymore, he went right back to hating on gingers.
I guess my point is that you can't expect Cartman's behavior to be consistent or even logical, because the driving force in his life is a desire to feel superior. That's not going to lend itself to being super consistent, because the tides of fortune are ever changing.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:17 am

I totally LOVED this episode!!! The Finding Bigfoot thing was hilarious, especially the way they made Bobo. ;p And that whole 10 plagues thing really kicked butt.

I loved it. I'm a little bit confused about Cartman embracing Judaism but I'm having faith that it's going to be relevant at some point soon. ;p

And I loved Kyle in this episode. I usually do love Kyle but sthuper did in this episode. ;)
I don't have a signature
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:27 am

I love this show, on the board there is so much love! :mrgreen:

I'd like to mention one piece of info I find particularly interesting. When "You're getting Old" came out I went crazy, I had watched the episode a million times over, looking for clues, trying to find deep meaning behind the context of every word that was said. Little did I know I was more or less right! What I found out was only a sentence of what I had said had a little truth to it, I said "maybe Matt & Trey are just f*cking with us", I went through everything, and out of all I had done, only that held up. I guess there is only meaning when it's told or showed, not hidden behind a shelf, or writing on the wall near a mirror on the corner of the screen.

If Eric and Kyle do become 'best friends' it won't last, even if Eric is a 'Jew', it won't last. The only reason I put those things in quotes is because Eric Cartman's interpretation of friend and Jew are entirely misunderstood. I do think Eric not having a father has something to do with it. But I don't however think Matt & Trey will go further with it. That's what they're known for ppl, look at previous episodes! Until the day they spew sh*t in our faces we'll be keeping this weird hope for further details up.

Oh wait, they already did that... :roll: then why are you all still expecting something from a show that did that to you! :lol:

Just sit back and enjoy the ride people, it's an awkward journey to say the least.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:32 am

Cartman and Kyle best friend? :lol: that's hysterical.
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:48 am

Okay, I agree, they probably aren't going to do anything further with it.

And I know it's kinda strange that Cartman seems to be showing Kyle so much love these past few episodes, or what you wanna call "love" maybe, but that's usually leading up to Cartman doing something horrible to Kyle.

It's ALWAYS been a love/hate thing between Cartman and Kyle. They've always been "friends" or else they wouldn't hang out in the same clique. It's not just Stan they have in common. Cartman picks on Kyle the most because it brings him the most joy. I actually find him "loving Kyle" MORE when he's being a bigot toward Kyle than when he's acting all buddy buddy with him.

But as you've noticed, Cartman is kissing Kyle's ass right now but Kyle isn't necessarily reciprocating it. ;p Not yet anyway.

Personally, I find it refreshing, as weird as it may be. Cartman picking on Kyle all the time gets boring after a while.

NeuroHeart wrote:
I guess my point is that you can't expect Cartman's behavior to be consistent or even logical, because the driving force in his life is a desire to feel superior. That's not going to lend itself to being super consistent, because the tides of fortune are ever changing.

And this!
I don't have a signature

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”