*1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Discussi

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

jdthewarvet

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby jdthewarvet » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:05 am

Well it has been a great run and I've enjoyed each and every season but given this 1/2 season run and the last episode in which you successfully "jumped the shark", it may be time to cut ties with South Park and or Comedy Central. Maybe it's time to make a movie sequel to Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. Thank you for the great run but unless the next episode is epic like Scott Tenorman Must Die, then I and numerous other fans may not be around for the 2nd half. BTW, just because the Simpsons are still on the air doesn't mean that they have been relevant for at least eight years so there is no competition value there. Hell Even Family Guy is terrible most nights and Fox's Animation Domination Shenanigans essentially alienates fans as there isn't an episode in a dedicated time slot each week so it is hit or miss on what TV show will play and really the only one worth watching is American Dad. I hate to say it but surprisingly enough; the best animated series is on FX.
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:07 am

The live-action scenario came out of nowhere :lol: I thought it was hilarious to see four grown men attempt to impersonate four elementary kids.
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
color me insane

Postby color me insane » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:20 am

Yeah, and when Kenny dies of boredom...I lost it. LOL.

I cannot get enough of that live-action reenactment, seriously. :lol:
'How do you know I’m mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,” said the Cat. 'or you wouldn’t have come here.'”

Quit doing the titty dance!
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:05 am

:cartmanlaugh: :cartmanlaugh: :cartmanlaugh: :cartmanlaugh: :cartmanlaugh: :cartmannohat: (that's five and a half)
I don't have a signature
shankweiler

Postby shankweiler » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:45 am

This season has been on point. Great stuff... except this episode's ending. Probably the worst SP ending I've seen. I get that t.v. re-enactments are totally lame and overly dramatic. But for the last 5-6 min of the episode I wished I was on a boring zipline tour... or doing anything but watching. I'm sure the ending sounded great in the drawing room... but it was totally lame and not kewl. :cry:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:49 am

99 i fail wrote:What's your definition of troll? And what's the use of a month's ban? Do you delete the 'spam' posts? Because yes people get alot less credibility if they just make their account, because some people just make 'spam accounts', but they could just make another account? because I'm pretty sure IP address blocking wouldn't be used in trolling cases that are trivial on the big scale of internet consequenses (some go extreme like 50 years of jail!)

A troll would be someone who just wants to antagonize other members instead of contribute to the conversation. The troll isn't interested in the replies to his posts so much as the rise he gets out of people. The use of a month's ban is that it lets the thread calm down and puts the trolling behind for a while, if not forever.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:41 am

yamilynn wrote:The live-action scenario came out of nowhere :lol: I thought it was hilarious to see four grown men attempt to impersonate four elementary kids.

I did really enjoy that scene. It was random and silly and funny. Actor Stan was hot :wink: . And I get the fact that a lot of times on shows like that the actors portraying the people who went through the incident don't look much like them. My complaints about it were it went on for a little too long and at the end of the day, I'd rather watch the boys, and there was no real reason to have actual people play those parts. But it still was funny for what it was.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Algus

Postby Algus » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:57 am

I was greatly amused by the return of Kenny dying and Mr. Hanky.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:12 am

Big-Will wrote:If anyone is interested in a group shot of Matt, Trey, and the four actors who played the boys, here they are, in character:

Now you know what clothes to look for if you want to dress like the boys. :)

I stopped reading after page 10. How'd you come across this?
m1carbine6644

Postby m1carbine6644 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:23 am

If Matt, Trey, or anyone on the South Park staff happens to read this;

I've been watching South Park since Volcano was a new episode, and I can't remember a time when I laughed as hard as I did during this episode. It just struck a cord with me.

Bravo.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:27 am

BRMBug wrote:
Big-Will wrote:If anyone is interested in a group shot of Matt, Trey, and the four actors who played the boys, here they are, in character:

Now you know what clothes to look for if you want to dress like the boys. :)

I stopped reading after page 10. How'd you come across this?

The Cartman actor posts on another message board nall and I are members of, and that's the picture he and the other three got at the end of the shoot. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:08 am

Long story joke was hilarious. The episode cut off after 14 minutes. ARGH. Still a whole act to go.

It was good up until that point. I mean, I didn't really like the lazy reality show parody (it reminds me of their awful Jersey Shore episode), but f*ck...even Eric Cartman managed to be funny, and he's the worst character on the show.
Last edited by Brendle on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:31 am

doctim11 wrote:Trey and Matt have finally lost it. The last two episodes were so lame I had to stop myself from turning them off half way through. Looks like the Cali lifestyle has finally taken its toll, South Park is no longer funny. Sorry, dudes, you had a good run but you are now officially wasting my time.

It's so funny how this type of comment gets made in every post-episode thread.

I made the same type of comment about a year and a half ago during the horror that was Season 14. And I could bet my bottom dollar someone like me made the same comment during Season 10.

South Park has apparently stopped being funny and "lost it" each year for 6 years.

I'm cool with people expressing negative opinions about the show (I do it all the time), but it gets stupid when you start to act like you've been personally wronged and the creators apparently owe you something. Just realize what I realized: they don't owe you anything. Move the f*ck on. They're not trying to upset your or waste your time, It's a f*cking cartoon show.

And that goes for any entertaintment. If you don't like a song, by all means, make a forum post about how much it sucks...but don't say the band "let you down" or they're "wasting your time." No, they didn't glue headphones to your ears and force you to hear the song...you played it on your own and wasted your own time. f*ck off with that sh*t.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
kakaooo987

kenny

Postby kakaooo987 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:08 pm

what? kenny is blonde! why he has black hair here?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Because those shows that they're parodying have a habit of casting actors who look nothing like the person they're portraying for the reenactment scenes.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”