*1709: Titties and Dragons* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Re: *1709: Titties and Dragons* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Mamont » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:29 am

A good trilogy. Not as good as The Coon and Friend or Imaginationland, but good nevertheless. I can't wait until all three are available so I can watch them together.

I liked the scene when princess Kenny jumped out of the window and went splat on the pavement. I totally saw that coming. But I thought he was gonna wake up in his bed.

Scene at the end when Randy was carrying TV through the parking lot covered with dead bodies was hilarious.

I was hoping the TV reporter would die too.

UhhIDontKnow wrote:I guess he went to the Garrison school of writing.

triplemultiplex wrote:Anyone else enjoy the little scene in the "previously on South Park" montage from Taming Strange? I find that quite amusing to throw in stuff that didn't happen in the previous episode.

Yes. They did it in in fourth season too (Probably).

Postby Stanluv25 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Really enjoyed it. Japanese Princess Kenny was a random but funny bit, although does anyone know what was being said? Cartman taking Stan into the garden was funny, the garden moments from the previous parts never got old. Then seeing Stan grounded made me laugh. "Mom! Mom! Get him out of here!" I don't know why that line made me laugh so much. I guess how dramatic they made that scene since nothing's worse than being grounded in a kid's eye.
What idiot would really believe Tom Hanks and Beyonce are getting married?! :lol: Bill Gates all tatted out. lol All the death and blood as the kids get their Xboxes. Randy sneaking away in the end with a giant TV. Then the kids decided to do old-fashioned playtime with random objects and ditching the video games.
The wiener talk got old in the first part of the trilogy. I never watched Game of Thrones so know nothing about it.
Fun, entertaining, and insane trilogy. One of the best multi-episode series. This part was 8/10
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Postby Aidsburger » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:43 am

This trilogy in its entirety was not only my favorite South Park trilogy ever, but one of the best episodes Trey and Matt have ever done, in my opinion.

The scenes with George RR Martin all had me in tears (particularly the now-infamous choral song), as did Elmo, as did the sequences parodying Japanese anime/Japan, as did Bill Gates, as did the live-action footage of Black Friday shoppers, as did the river of blood, and so on. I simply couldn't stop laughing throughout.

If I had to break things down, I'd give parts 1 and 3 solid 10/10 grades and the second part either a 9 or a 9.5/10, if only due to the fact that the laughs were slower for me in the 2nd part than either of the other parts in question. As a cohesive trilogy though, easy 10/10 story for me.

By the way, not sure if it's been mentioned yet in this thread but I personally love the "little things" that South Park hides in the animation that are humorous, and one of Bill Gates' tats read "MS-DOS" which I thought was clever and funny. He also had one that said "R.I.P. Steve Jobs" on his back. :lol:

Postby VACOOLA » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:27 am

I'll bet Trey is well aware of the general aversion to tattoos in Japan due to them being strongly associated with the yakuza. Even a small tattoo is a big taboo in the Land of the Rising Sun. It may sound a bit far-fetched, but I think Bill Gates' tats were intended to serve as a red rag to a bull, making the Sony CEO (a stereotypical Japanese businessman) lose control over himself, and thus lose the fight. That's just my theory, of course.

Postby JerWu17 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Princess Kenny Anime-style was cute and funny at the same time. Would've preferred seeing him actually die and thus "teleport" back to his bed a-la Season 14. Honestly though, even if he had died for good for the rest of the episode, it would've made little difference in the plot.

The betrayal saga got kinda confusing with all these last minute moves. Not sure if it's a byproduct of trying to fit everything in 20 minutes, or if that's how Game of Thrones is. Regardless, it's great seeing Stan & Kyle coming to their senses and put their friendship ahead of serving as puppets of dueling greedy corporations.

The fight between Gates and the Sony CEO looked so anticlimatic, but hey, Xbox One and even Xbox 360 outsold the PS4 during Black Friday. I'm guessing that's why M&T decided to wait a week, to see which console comes out on top.

With all the news about people getting tased this past Black Friday, I expected a mass tasing among the guards and shoppers, but the bloodbath scenes had probably been animated in advance. Either ways, it's a great indictment of the way companies and retailers game the consumers' minds to bring the worst of humanity out of them.

And of course, it's so M&T to bite the corporate hands that'll host platforms of the upcoming SP game.

The ending is not quite as strong as the previous two episodes, so I'll give this trilogy a 8/10, about the same level as Imaginationland.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST

Postby kolaida » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Big-Will wrote:I read somewhere that this happens in GoT too - the clips don't have a thing to do with the episode at hand - but the downloads I have of GoT don't show "Previously..." clips.

Yeah, when I was watching GoT, I had the "Previously..." clips and had to stop and double check because sometimes they'd show stuff from episodes waaaay past and I was like, wait, what? Though I was past that.... LOL!

That being said, I loved this trilogy. Princess Kenny was definitely awesome and the GoT spoof was hilarious, especially loved the garden bits! Loved the Peanuts music and how at the end they were all like, "Who needs video games?!" as they advertise for one xD This trilogy was just pure fun and I absolutely loved the Randy bits especially when he kept yelling about how he REALLY LIKED that character and referencing how GoT kills off so many characters even the well liked ones, lol- "Stan! But I REALLY like him!" LOL Priceless, loved it! All three of them! :mrgreen:
Always think of the consequence of your behavior before acting out what you are thinking.

Postby Female345 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:27 pm

It's a decent trilogy though not as great as the Coon arc or Imaginationland trilogy. Did Kenny really die in this episode? We see him splatter on the pavement and after the Japanese guys say something in Japanese, Kenny gets back up.
I'm just wondering if he did die but had a quick rebirth or if he survived the fall.

Pleasantly surprised

Postby StankeyTheXmasPoo » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:05 am

I was really dreading watching this trilogy because of all the inside jokes I was anticipating, but I definitely don't regret it now! What a work of comedic genius, tinged with a somber message about consumerism gone mad. The Black Friday rush AND the aftermath were like something out of a waking nightmare, made even worse by the mellow piano music... quite chilling.

I was really rooting for the Sony guy though :( (and no I don't know his name. XboxONE's streamlined multimedia interface can go choke on a sh*t.

Now I can play the game (joke's on you, Butters)... after absorbing 17 years worth of canon in a span of less than 4 months. It's been one hell of a journey, but I feel that I would have more fully appreciated it if I had been there from the beginning. I sure would have felt more of a connection to all the people I'm forced to share a world with. Guess I need to jump on more bandwagons closer to the starting gate (no, not including GoT, f*ck that noise). Better late than never.

Why the f*ck did I write all this...

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”