*1905: Safe Space* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

*1905: Safe Space* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:33 am

Discuss.

Body Shaming
Charity Shaming
Celebrities in need of Safe Spaces
Butters as filter for all the negativity out there
Reality (reminds me of Snidely Whiplash, lol)

Also, Lena Dunham is mentioned in this episode. It's known throughout the Web that she is a pedophile, and Trey might be called upon to address that.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
nwt000

Re: *1905: Safe Space* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nwt000 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:52 am

6.2/10
Ya know it was nice seeing Kyle and Wendy declining to help out Lardass with his shame halo, David still hanging out with the boys, Randy doing all of those PSA's and Reality dropping that humongous truth bomb on the townspeople. At the same time though, Cartman getting away with being an assh*le without any repercussions with PC Principal's fully unashamed support, PC Principal nearly driving Butters to suicide, that titanic prick of a Whole Foods clerk and the PC arc not dying made this episode sink even lower than last week's episode. Still not as bad as the season premiere, but the trajectory this season is heading for is really concerning me to a great degree. I really hope this storyline dies once and for all next week, with PC Principal falling to his own death alongside it. To make matters worse for me on a personal level, for the first time in my eight years of watching the show, I was unable to watch the episode when it premiered due to technical difficulties, but that's a story for another time.
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:16 am

It's not a bad episode but it's muddled by using some really repetitive gags -- there's what, five Whole Foods shopping line sequences, three or four commercials, and three or four scenes of Butters in his bedroom? A lot of them were funny once or twice but lost their luster quickly. By the second Act the episode already feels like a rehash of itself. I've never been a big fan of single-episode running gags and this was made up entirely of those. I also really don't understand the ending and how Reality is suddenly 'real' after having not been a ghost before.

The story was weak and it made the message weak.

EDIT: I liked the reference to Lena Dunham. 'Pedophile' is an overreach but some of her actions as a youth with her sister are questionable, and it's irritating that they were swept under the rug because many felt it was trying to discredit a prominent feminist.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:30 am

Kinda had a feeling David would be there with the others again. Wonder how long that will last.

Original songs are always great. They did another this week. That's great.

The rest, meh.
Stan and Kyle :)
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:34 am

Where's Muhammad with his precious green goo when celebrities really need him? Oh yes, they have sucked him dry, so currently he must be busy hiding from the evil Reality and looking for some safe space himself. Celebrities. Those helpless, whiny little pussies. Who's gonna take care of them now? Aside from Matt and Trey, of course. For the gazillionth time.

This whole story arc is weak. I mean, SUPERWEAK. If "reality" can be hanged, then so can this lame story arc. Hang it! Or behead it. Kill it with fire!!!
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:04 am

I can't get out of Whole Foods for under $80.00. Jealous of Randy buying all that stuff, and each time less than $40.00!

For those not living in the Los Angeles area (where M&T live), unless you bring in your own bags to the register in Los Angeles or buy bags at the register, you walk out of the store without any bag at all! I know that sounds strange to those outside of Los Angeles, but that's life here. Note that Randy merely picks up his items and walks out of the store without any bag. And this is in South Park, Colorado. Don't know the bagging laws in South Park. It's not strange to locals here in L.A., but it might be strange to some of you:

nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:08 am

Speaking of Randy, it looks like he's now officially on Twitter: http://twitter.com/GettinRandy55
Female345

Postby Female345 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:46 am

It was an ok ep though it had too much of PC Principal and was yet another episode centered on Randy and Cartman. I do like how Wendy and Kyle were willing to have two weeks worth of detention rather than to help Fat*ss.
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:56 am

Will somebody kill PC Principal? Please....or have him kill himself. Can't stand him, and this PC crap is not only ruining society in general, but also South Park. South Park has NEVER been PC, and yeah, I get it, they had to touch on it...but it's over. Kill him. Give him gluten or something.

OK so this episode sucked. The song sucked and ruined it. The Whole Foods clerk bullying Steven Segal and I forget who else while Randy was trying to get out of a $1 donation was awesome.

5/10.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:52 pm

I really liked the character Reality and I wish he hadn’t died as he seemed very useful for future episodes. So when Butters jumped out that window and made a splat of blood I was really sad that he had died. I am happy he lived as if he hadn’t South Park would have been changed forever.

The musical was fantastic. Having Vin Diesel and Seagal and that goth chick who shows her butthole that I don’t know made the episode more fun. I liked having celebrities with issues. Steven Seagal I think raped a cleaning lady and kept her prisoner in his home like under his bed or something or at least that was what I thought I heard.

It started out with Cartman crying which drew me in and then it was actually funny seeing PC Principal forcing people to help create Cartman a safe space. I think it would have been cute for Wendy to of had to of done it though but Butters worked out so great. I can’t agree that cashiers that ask people to give money is a big thing to joke on. I am never offended saying no. I think most of these fundraisers steal most of the money for themselves anyways.

I’ll give her a 9/10. I really want to watch it again and see that musical several more times. I think just watching over the parts where Reality is in would be the highlight. I wish more could have been done around Butters fighting off Reality or just the Reality character in general.

Also I will have to check out the celeb chicks butthole and coochy pics!
What seems to be the officer problem?
KeeperIXX

Postby KeeperIXX » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Well, this was more elaborate than I was expecting.

Wait, hold the phone! even PC Principal has a safe space?!

That's actually... golden! he has more vulnerability in him than I thought!

Okay, so we don't get to see PC Principal get any comeuppance, but we've learned he has weakness, which I think is almost as good and may somehow come into play in a later episode.

This leaves us with only two questions about him;

1) What is PC Principal afraid of being shamed of?

and..

2) Who's running PC Principal's Safe Space? While it's possible Butters is doing so, we never see PC Principal requesting this from him, so it's more likely that PC Principal already has someone else running his Safe Space.

On the other hand though... gold star to Trey and Matt for giving PC Principal more redeeming qualities, he's become much more bearable to me now, I longer have the problem where my blood boils whenever I see him on screen.

Think about it, how often in South Park do you find someone feeling genuinely guilty for being too hard on Butters?

I still think PC Principal should remain a temporary character, but at least I won't see ticked off every time see him now.

R.I.P, Reality, your impact will not be forgotten.

But yeah, bottom, I actually feel happy after watching that episode, I'm now looking forward to seeing where they go from there.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:19 pm

It was a great start. I loved Kyle taking detention instead of doing Fatass' bullshit. Randy's story with the Whole Foods was okay in the beginning because that is super annoying to be prompted for charity when you're just trying to get some chores done. That part of the story slowed down for me, but when it got absorbed into the Butters filtering social media story at the end, it got to share in that awesome ending.

The metaphor of killing reality by invoking some ill-gotten sense of a right to not be offended is perfect. Made for a strong finish that got me to like the entire episode more.

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:19 pm

I really love the way Steven Seagal was done. Also his behaviorism were so funny. I really want to see Seagal again with the show. He would need totally new problems and behavior as if he were to repeat anything done would be boring. His dance is what gets me. It is so fat dance, I love it.
What seems to be the officer problem?
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Pretty alright, 7/10 for me. When they said Kyle and Wendy would be in two weeks of detention for refusing to help Cartman, it looks like those two might team up or something - which is odd for Cartman to ask Wendy for help, considering the amount of times he constantly sh*ts on her. Seems like foreshadowing for next episode, don't you think?

Travis17

Postby Travis17 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:35 pm

John_117 wrote:Pretty alright, 7/10 for me. When they said Kyle and Wendy would be in two weeks of detention for refusing to help Cartman, it looks like those two might team up or something - which is odd for Cartman to ask Wendy for help, considering the amount of times he constantly sh*ts on her. Seems like foreshadowing for next episode, don't you think?

The reason Cartman asked Kyle and Wendy first because he knew it would get them in trouble if they didn't do it and if they did do it, they would end up miserable like Butters did. Cartman is just using this PC/SJW thing to his advantage by manipulating people.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”