*1908: Sponsored Content* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1908: Sponsored Content* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:51 am

Begins in just a few minutes on the east coast!
nall
Site Admin

Re: *1908: Sponsored Content* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:52 am

As always, I look forward to your thoughts/comments/reactions.

kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:24 am

This is obviously the beginning of the end of the PC stuff. The problem here too much going on at once.
Stan and Kyle :)
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:31 am

Oh yeah, Buckle Up Buckaroos! PC stuff is on it's way out.
Stan and Kyle :)
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:33 am

Nwt000's gonna piss himself because a girl had a sizeable speaking role.

It didn't suck. At least we can consider that annoying principal will probably be gone.
FreeQuebec86

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:35 am

LOL, trying to come here, i think i "typo" southparkstudios.com and went on a ADS about being millionnaire lololol. A big scam.

I thought it was a joke from the website lol, but maybe not!

Anyways, great episode and great twist!!!

Love how PC looked dump xD.

Is South Park a ads ? For Whole Sale? :O ( we dont have these store here lol )
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:41 am

9.0/10
My mind is absolutely blown right now, who would have ever guessed that State Farm Insurance is the one who's actually destroying South Park with a couple of people from their ads? On another note, it's great to see Principal Victoria make her triumphant return, but how did she end up crippled? I wish her, Garrison and Caitlyn Jenner the best of luck on their voyage to save the mountain town we all know and love from corporate greed. Could this whole thing actually be a shot at Hulu? Sucks that we have to wait two weeks now to see the next episode, but I for one am very excited to see where this storyline is headed!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:49 am

There was a lot going on with this one. So PC is for Pussy Crusher. I would agree as I hate it when these types start acting that way and cock block me. Jimmy was great but it seemed too repeated with him taking that train around delivering the papers like handicar did. I don’t think I would ever go back to reading a newspaper as I hate them. I know the internet has lots of ads but it is better and has late breaking news. But today newspaper do have ads Jimmy’s is the only ad free one.

I felt jealous of all the PC guys getting pussy, life is not fair. So it was really a great leading up to the moment episode. We found out that it is ads that are taking over. I really hate ads too. It was nice to see Jim be able to talk back to PCP and how it affected him and made him rethink everything. Anyways I really am having trouble putting this together. So Ads are taking over but how? Also how are the PC frat boys affected and controlled by the ads? Also how is PCP and Leslie in a picture together?

I really don’t understand how Leslie is an ad, it is very strange. The ad thing feels weak to me. I don’t see this episode or season changing ads at all in the real world but it is nice to see them put down as they are sh*t.

So maybe it is how ads show all different types of people together like biracial relationships, LBGT, and handicapped people or autistic cheerleaders. So this is changing what people see as normal and so it is poison. It would mean that we are all being brainwashed into accepting others. The thing is that somehow liking this and going along with the ads get you pussy and so that is how PC people were born. If PC people say that the ads are the way to be then they get pussy. At least this is what I think Trey is up too.

I really hate biracials, LGBT, and other stuff like this so for me I can see how this is really funny. I don’t expect change from our media but this is funny. I do like Mamont but I really hate most gays.

So Garrison and Jenner were funny and Victoria showed up with a cane, I wonder what happened to her? It will be tough to top this episode which had Jenner run over like ten people… Or will Jenner kill everyone in the next episode?????

Also I read way too into this one and got let down because I kept wanting what ideas I had, stupid me.

I would say this episode is easily an 8/10 but with the one or two other up and coming episodes the rating for this episode may deserve a 9/10 as to how South Park Studios wraps this one up.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Female345

Postby Female345 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:09 am

That wasn't a bad ep and I'm glad that the PC stuff is nearly over.
tuke2020

Postby tuke2020 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:27 am

I think it's ultimately going to be the message we learned back in season 2:
"You only care because caring sells, so all you activists can f*ck yourselves!"
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:59 am

That was Season 3. lol

Batter up! Looks like the next two episodes are the last two episodes.

I mean, the next two episodes will flesh out what was set up tonight. :D Oh man!

One of these things could be Garrison dropping his presidential bid to bring his town back from the brink of Sponsored Content hell.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
HM04242

Postby HM04242 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:15 am

Our theories were wrong. PC didn’t stand for Crab People; it stood for P*ssy Crushers.

In the PC house, it seemed like PC Principal was the only one who cared about really being politically correct. The others just wanted to get laid, because if they pretend to be interested in all that PC crap, they’ll get chicks. The PC Party that was supposed to be about the handicapped was obviously BS, and it was right for Jimmy to expose them to the public.

Jimmy is one of my all-time favorite characters, and I am so glad that he got an episode mostly to himself. He seems to have a special ability to detect ads from the real news, and he used that in the school paper. It was awesome how Jimmy just attacked PC Principal and PC Principal didn’t do anything about it. I’m hoping that PC Principal gets fired by the end of Season 19 or something, and Principal Victoria can come back.

PC Principal and Leslie are both Statefarm ads. (So that’s their relation) I don’t quite get the whole ad thing yet, but that will probably wrap up in the last 2 episodes. How can a walking, talking person be an ad?

This episode and the last have cliffhanger endings, sort of like a drama show. Could Reality have something to do with all of this?

8.5/10, Better than the last ep
Zhoaer

Postby Zhoaer » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:20 am

This was a great episode. Seeing P.C Principal get a taste of his own medicine from Jimmy was amazing and the return of Victoria, Garrison and Kaitlin Jenner means all hell will break lose.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:45 am

Ah, I get it. The sub-plot is about confirmation bias.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:49 am

That explains why Leslie kept getting yelled at during the assemblies this season. She's interrupting the assembly just like advertisements interrupt the content you are attempting to view.

I don't understand why Garrison is debating Hillary Clinton. There's no way he is running for the Democratic nomination being more Trump than Trump. It would not be internally consistent with the show's portrayal of Democrats as mostly pussies. That means he won the Republican nomination? So is it several months from now in the timeline of the show? I don't think they thought that scene through. Really it was unnecessary for Garrison to be at a debate prior to meeting ex-Principle Victoria. It could have just as easily been a campaign event and it would have made more sense.

It was a compelling episode for one that only used the main characters in one scene. I didn't even notice until it was over. This does have me worried about what the boys will be doing the rest of the season. There are no unresolved stories for any of them right now, so what is there for them to do? It's all about Garrison and Jimmy and Barbrady right now.

I was hoping there would be more to the censorship angle they started with early in the episode, but that faded away in favor of this business about obnoxious advertisement and click-bait. Still a great subject. That little fact about people not being able to tell the difference between an actual news article and a goddamn ad is becoming more and more true. The idea of ads becoming almost sentient came up but they didn't even get into how search engines and browsers are built to learn about us and present us with targeted ads.

After a promising start, this one fizzled for me even though we got Mr. Garrison back in the picture, something I've been wondering about for weeks. It was going to be hard to beat Naughty Ninjas anyway, so I'm not too worried this one felt like a step down. It was heavy on the drama and light on the comedy.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”