*2002: Skank Hunt* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

BigRigButter5

Re: *2002: Skank Hunt* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BigRigButter5 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:25 pm

What if Gerald is drinking Member Wine made of Member berries?
Btw, where is Kenny? Haven't seen him at all this season!
CharonDynami

Postby CharonDynami » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:50 am

ssjup81 wrote:I was talking about this on another message board, and one person pointed out how well Stan was taking his break up with Wendy. Personally, it just feels like he was in shock and we already had an "emo Stan" situation from years ago I'm sure many wouldn't want to see revisited. That was my reason why Stan wasn't all dramatic and stuff...but, as I pointed out too, Wendy was hesitant when at the meeting. That poster mentioned how Wendy was the "weak link".
Damn I wanted to point out that Stan has been here before. I love the Raisins episode, Stan should be okay. I will be upset if he falls apart again. If anything he should be a source of strength for the other boys and help them figure all of this out.

And this is kind of like Cartman in the early years. Everyone forgets that Cartman wasn't always a powerhouse of evil. Sure he started out as a douche, but it wasn't until the Scott Tenorman episode did he become a force to be reckoned with. In the first 3 or 4 seasons he was regularly hit and owned by other characters.

Also, Gerald has had some weird points just like everyone else. He was the driving force behind the sue happy South Park. He cheats on Sheila (he was named as a possible father for Eric Cartman), he has a gambling problem, he outlaws the cat pissing thing but then does it himself, and was one of the terrible Yelp critics. So, there has been hinting at him having a dark side many times (like everyone else). But considering he his named after Matt Stone's father, I definitely see him getting redemption.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:38 am

BigRigButter5 wrote:Btw, where is Kenny? Haven't seen him at all this season!
Then you haven't been looking.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:08 am

mario88 wrote: also, i didn't see tweak anywhere, didn't i pay enough attention or was he actually missing?
I didn't see him anywhere either. Kenny was present in the background even if he didn't play a front role.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:03 am

Wow, what a breath of fresh air! Very solid episode. Kids being kids, however crazy some things were. I'd like to hope in the real world not that many kids have various social media accounts and boyfriends/girlfriends. I'd like to think anyway... but it still gave way to some good humor. I still find it odd Gerald is the troll... he's just doing it because it's fun? Seems kind of pointless but whatever. Loved the boys destroying Cartman's things. I actually felt kind of bad for him knowing he wasn't the troll. And now the boys feel bad for what they did so I wonder if Cartman will do anything to get revenge? Overall his character was used appropriately, without going overboard. There was very little political crap in the eppy so that was nice too. Gotta love the dramatic scene of the girls breaking up with the boys. And loved how the episode ends showing the back of Stan in the hall, obviously stunned and heartbroken Wendy broke up with him. I don't like the two together but of course I still feel for Stanny.

I'm actually excited to see what next week brings! Many plots to cover so it will be fun (hopefully) to see how things are resolved.

8.5/10
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:31 am

Just saw the episode again and this time I saw that the wine Gerald likes to buy in the grocery store scene is from a local vineyard, as the sign above the wine states. So if there are member berries in the wine than someone locally grew them, I wonder who that could be and why?
What seems to be the officer problem?
KeeperIXX

Postby KeeperIXX » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:06 am

I have a few things to sat about this episode.

First, this is a very well-written episode and it certainly helps Season 20 feel like it's following the same quality as Seasons 18 and earlier.

Second, let's pray that Gerald actually suffers some negative consequences for his malicious trolling (at least in a way that doesn't require the rest of his family to suffer along with him)

Third, I'm surprised PC Principal hasn't been investigating Skankhunt's trolling. Don't get me wrong, part of me is glad his isn't since I think the people of South Park need his help as much as they need to drink nitroglycerin.

But still you'd think this would be something he'd put into priority, this guy goes nuts whenever someone speaks unpopular opinions about Caitlyn Jenner, but someone insistently trolling female students? screw that noise.

That man is apparently useless to his own cause.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:22 am

Episodes that use one or more songs tend to be pretty good. This one was quite deep. It has me re watching. Having some anxiety over what happens next.

After this coming week, it's the first week off.

I wish grass was legal here. I need to chill.
Stan and Kyle :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:16 am

KeeperIXX wrote:But still you'd think this would be something he'd put into priority, this guy goes nuts whenever someone speaks unpopular opinions about Caitlyn Jenner, but someone insistently trolling female students? screw that noise.

That man is apparently useless to his own cause.
To hear everyone in these two episodes tell it, skankhunt42 is trolling the women, not the girls. In "Member Berries" Dave said the girls were sitting out the national anthem to protest all the harassment and trolling they receive on the Internet. But it's not turning out that way.

It was Wendy's mom who got the dick in her mouth, not Wendy.
It was Heidi's mom who got the dick in her mouth, not Heidi.
It was Annie Jerkins' mom who got the dick in her mouth, not Annie.
It was Bebe's mom about whom skankhunt42 posted pages and pages of disgusting things.
The girls are understandably upset about this, but it doesn't mean they're being trolled. It's their moms who are being trolled. So the question is... why did the girls think Cartman is trolling them? Because of Cartman making fum of comediennes and asking the girls to say "my vagina" a lot? They saw the posts skankhunt42 has been making, and because they've heard Cartman says similar things in the past, they assumed he was skankhunt42.

It's becoming clear that we have a huge misunderstanding here, and the boys get to be the first to know that Cartman is not the troll the girls are looking for. The girls should be the next to know that it's not Cartman either.

skankhunt42 did make fun of Maddie, but he did it on her mom's page, not on Maddie's page (which makes sense, since Maddie would be too young to have a Facebook page, "You Have 0 Friends" notwithstanding).

I'm glad PC Principal is staying out of this, even though he was the one who called for the PTA meetings to take place (online bullying among kids is a real problem). He questioned Cartman straight out, but he did it to appease the girls. He knows it can't be Cartman, since the troll's targets are women (thanks, Dr. Schroeder), not girls.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
MissMakesmesick90

Postby MissMakesmesick90 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:45 am

KeeperIXX wrote:
Second, let's pray that Gerald actually suffers some negative consequences for his malicious trolling (at least in a way that doesn't require the rest of his family to suffer along with him) .
I agree 100%! I'm genuinely really concerned for the rest of the Broflovski family. I really hope that the blame doesn't go onto Kyle or if it does, it doesn't last more than an episode. :cry:
sidarlo

Postby sidarlo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:22 am

Favourite episode possibly for the last couple of seasons.
Very funny.

So many possible reasons behind Gerald being Skank Hunt few hints are dropped and surely it will tie in with the president's race sooner than later.

Quick review on the episode https://www.the-newshub.com/film-and-tv ... ew-s20-e02
CodyTestaburger

Postby CodyTestaburger » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:04 pm

JamesPup wrote:Just saw the episode again and this time I saw that the wine Gerald likes to buy in the grocery store scene is from a local vineyard, as the sign above the wine states. So if there are member berries in the wine than someone locally grew them, I wonder who that could be and why?
...I have a feeling that the ads are now using food as a means of taking over to keep people mellowed out.
CodyTestaburger

Postby CodyTestaburger » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:14 pm

Now I can imagine the shock, horror, and general regret that the girls will feel when they find out it wasn't Cartman...it's too late to turn back now ladies you have to live with your descision
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:24 am

So I noticed that Butters didn't have a scene with a girlfriend, so is Butters still dating Charlotte? Also Butters had sent Heidy the pic of her mom with dick in her mouth when she was at the bridge. So is Butters up to something like trying to stoke problems as he didn’t need to take out Cartman as his girlfriend’s mom was not a part of the online bullying and why would he send offensive mom dick pics to Heidy. I guess Butters is just advancing to become the new Cartman or is there a future plot device here for this season?

Also it was fun to have so much Annie and the other girls. I don't know how things are to be paved over later by the girls to the boys or do we? I don't know how dirty this show would get but at the end of all of this some sort of connotative sexual jokes between the boys and girls putting things under the bridge, so to speak, would be nice. :wink:
What seems to be the officer problem?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:15 am

Charlotte is back in Canada, so she's not involved in this story. :) But Butters might have been texting her about it.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”