*2006: Fort Collins* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*2006: Fort Collins* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:24 am

Member?
JVM

Re: *2006: Fort Collins* Post-Air Discussion

Postby JVM » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:16 am

Scientist!Randy is back at long last - and it's like a renaissance for a character who's been so divisive in the fanbase, in this viewer's opinion. Randy has been intelligent and level-headed all season, and yet at the same time, he's never lost that sense of being 'Randy', just like how Cartman's been kind and nice but not lost being 'Cartman'. One of the enjoyable things going on is SP's most key characters - Cartman, Randy, Butters, Kyle, and debatably Gerald - are in uncharacteristic positions, but M&T are making it work. I didn't realize quite how systematic to the season it was until now.

And while we're at it on that plot, some of the Star Wars references are pretty... well, obscure might be much, but not too crazy. Corellian corvettes last week was a good one. Wedge, Mon Mothma and IG-88 aren't the kind of things Disney is peddling out to everybody right now. (Yes, Mothma's in Rogue One, but Disney isn't using her as a selling point.)

Someone (wave when you see this, man!) noticed a hint towards this route with Heidi and it was cool to see her home again and see that Cartman isn't just boasting - she really is genuinely intelligent. We don't know how funny she is yet though, debatably. We're getting close to Skankhunt's identity and passing over the expected 'Kyle is the troll' sub-storyline. Wondering if there'll be a reference to her dad or the other adults in regards to being Skankhunt42....

(Act 2's starting, close.)
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:22 am

Seems rushed
Stan and Kyle :)
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:24 am

"YOU MEAN MY f*cking SCREENSAVER?"

This episode really elevates the last two by giving emotional weight to the relationship between Gerald and Dildo Schwaggings and going back into Gerald's psychology. It seems almost inevitable the Broflovski family is going to fall apart now, or at least come close. I'm really curious to see what Dick tries to do to f*ck with him as we move along.

Cartman's scene - well, the rewinding felt a little deceptive, I thought we'd get a cool callback, but Ghost

The member

The MLKKK scene was nice - it's a diversion from the main town, sure, but it serves as a narrative warning and I'm glad they took just a moment to develop one of the existing troll characters, and not gonna lie, I was curious about this guy.

sh*t, Act 3!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:38 am

I think literally Cartman really likes Heidi, scared but really really does. I hope this ends up with an apology for the lie and maybe she can accept that or something. Not really a priority.

Should be noted, the next episode will air the day after election day.
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:03 am

I didn't mind the sentient Member Berries. It's very typical South Park zaniness, but the rest of the episode has mostly grounded action, so I feel like it works a little better?

Ghostbusters flashback was sort of funny, but it's still weird to contextualize. Yes, this season Cartman's been a good kid, but we still know up to, at earliest, "Stunning and Brave", he was a sh*t stormer. I'm a little surprised he can't just pretend that was before he changed? I'm definitely glad they picked something sort of minor, and not a huge monster thing, callback or otherwise, and it makes for better comedy but... dunno. See how it plays out?

(Act 3 begins)

Heidi and Cartman's bit was... definitely funny. Cartman lying obviously served the joke better, and the way they played with his Mars fantasies was pretty effective for humor. It remains to be seen how this will play into the actual storyline. Hard to believe Kyle is blackmailing him like this. It doesn't seem like Kyle but obviously he's kind of changed here? I'd like to see where this goes, but it'll probably be three weeks.

Garrison's speech is well-done and the parallels with Gerald are really effective. I got a kick out of the "Happy Days reunion special" joke. They're definitely being fair but not harsh to TFA, which can definitely stand a little criticism, although of note, it looks like J. J. Abrams is mostly off the hook per last week's implication he was the ultimate antagonist. Garrison has really come back around as a character and I hope after the election he remains a key part of the show again. He can blame his internet history on Mr. Hat, at least, right?

President-elect Turd Sandwich's role has yet to be defined here. I'm guessing this is a big reference to Wikileaks and hacked e-mails, which would explain why they avoided the issue before, but I'm not sure whether it'll be a direct tackle or a separate joke, and more importantly what does Skankhunt42 have to do with it? Will he just be engineered as a general proxy, or is he somehow connected to it? Is there a skill he has that will work for this the other trolls lack? Will he perhaps cut a deal to get his history saved as well? I noticed that it played well into Dick/Dildo and co.'s previous discussions about politics and Gerald dismissing it entirely. Quick side note - there's a photo of her and Bill on her desk, with his "Sexual Healing" look.

(Of note, Hillary's aides both look like Duck President's. I actually thought it was going to be Duck President for a minute!)

The final scene is effectively rendered, but does fall a bit under it could mean anything, or nothing territory. I mentioned last week how I was starting to miss Caitlyn Jenner who'd been uncannily silent in Garrison's storyline since the premiere - which seems typical of a VP nod, but they were inseparable in late S19. It's hard to say what role she'll play but the implication might be as an antagonist. The real-life Caitlyn Jenner is a conservative, and was an icon in the seventies (like Star Wars!) so she could play into the actual berries, but it's also worth noting - if Garrison bows out at this stage but somehow wins, or if he dies and then wins, or even resigns, Caitlyn will become President. Motive identified.

More importantly - she drank the member berries. Why does this matter? It plays back to the theory all season about member berry wine causing Gerald's odd behavior. I sort of dismissed it at first, but even on the toilet with his iPad in "Weiners Out", he has that goddamn wine glass. Even if the theory doesn't play out, it seems implied/referenced?

Next week is a dark week - probably so Trey and Matt can spend Halloween with their kids - and then we'll have an election-centric episode, so I think we should all prepare ourselves now for a Garrison and Gerald centric s20e07, and wait until after for us to hook back up
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:28 am

It starts with the Mars dream and there was Heidi and buildings that are vagina shaped, wow Cartman really likes girls now.

The two shirts Heid and Cartman wore that I noticed were “Thing 1” and a “Thing 2” shirts which is from Dr. Seuss. I remember how kids would be those things and it was cute. Being The Cat in the Hat was better though but you didn’t get any. The other shirts were “I’m with stupid” and “I’m with smart and funny”. This had a bit of a Kenny parents feel with the words on Heidi’s shirt being like Kenny’s mother’s shirt.

Gerald gave out a clue with stating he liked to ‘member’ being a kid with trolling. So, this may be something related to the member berries causing all the trouble.

I felt bad for Shwaggins and wish he could have a friend but he was too pushy.

The member berries were like the food from the movie “Sausage Party”. They were scared they would be hurt and wanted to escape. How don’t the member berries die but you can shew them?

Heidi’s crime board was nice and overdone. It is kind of creepy that she would have one of those. Her door said it was private, Get it! But seriously I love Heidi now. The emoji finder trick is weird. It is that usually only female types use them as studies have shown. I wonder if there is any real studies on emoji use and identifying people like the show had?

The Ghostbuster joke was truthful; many people didn’t like it. If that was all Cartman did he shouldn’t have flipped over it. I think showing us some South Park done scenes of the new Ghostbusters would have been great like with the Indiana Jones movie. I think the Garrison stuff could have been cut out and this added in. I found Garrison not funny today.

The Great Member Berry Escape was silly. I loved the use of the song Toto’s “Africa”. It was like the berries are in the mafia or something with the berry in the trunk. I liked it.

Man, Cartman got to see Heidi’s pussy in a dark bedroom with a flashlight to see it, how cool. I remember when girls were like that all wanting it but so shy and silly about how to share their bodies. I didn’t mind the use of a rewind but I was worried it would be too long. It could have used more time on Cartman’s big moment with Heidi but whatever. Cartman is an idiot to lie only about the Ghostbuster movie blogs. I think there must me more than that. Also, Heid is smart and funny and so she must know Cartman has a bad past. Maybe she is bad too or just likes Cartman and showing herself off to him.

Seeing Mars Heidi be blown away and then Cartman was worried about other things like the buildings and people and the rollercoaster upset me. I wish he would have been broken that Mars Heidi had been blown away in the storm.

I felt bad for MLKKK. He did have a real nice house and it made me jealous. He was deformed and made fun of a guy’s daughter with a paralysis disorder. That sure puts things into perspective. I know if people could view all my internet activity I would be in trouble. Yet not many people care or think about me and so no one would look me up. MLKKK getting gas poured on him and burned did it for me, what a racist type scene but also had a little justification. Will all the trolls be killed off? I want Shwaggins to stick around for future use, so please don’t kill all the trolls.

Looks like next episode will have Jenner. She had a member berry too in her martini and so who knows what she will do. Will there be a joke on member berries causing her to have a sex change and she kills herself when realizing this?

So, it appears Hillary Clinton needs Gerald and she knows who he is being Skankhunt. But we will know who the next president is by November 8th and the next episode is November 9th and so the cliffhanger is a weird one. I know Hillary looks to have beaten Trump but what will it be? Will they create two different ways the episode will go based on who becomes pres? The joke with Hillary is about her e-mails. I wonder if there will be something real dirty with them. There was like her making fun of people and even her own daughter.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Female345

Postby Female345 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:35 am

It was a good episode.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:44 am

I'd have to give this one an 8.1/10.
The best parts for me were when Heidi proved her intelligence and the memberberries' escape, you can never go wrong with Africa by Toto and boy, do those memberberries mean business. Shame we have to wait two more weeks and have to see an awful new president get elected before the show returns, sheesh. What's gonna happen with Caitlyn though and will Heidi finally find out the truth about her so-called boyfriend? Even if she does break up with Fatass (which she more than likely will now), Trey and Matt should keep Heidi in the spotlight because I think she could be one hell of an asset for the show and has the potential to save the town with her intelligence (and her comedic timing, of course)!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:14 am

Guess the original announcement wasn't far off, only it's Kyle holding the cards instead of the Danes, and this will put...
Three days ago, Big-Will wrote:Heidi in a tight spot. She'll have to quit Cartman, as she can't fix him. THEN we'll see him back in true psychopathic form. :cartmanevillaugh:
Now, how did Kyle get a hold of Cartman's browser history? Hmmm??? Did he use TrollTrace? :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:11 am

I can only hope for the best with these episodes. Some have been good so far, but then you have to deal with the cliff hangers and all that with the continuation. I hope they stop continuation for Season 21.

Now I can hopefully relax for a week. I get really tense lately before these episodes. Worrying about what will happen.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:20 am

Just wanted to note that the episode is now available online, if you haven't already seen it.
Big-Will wrote:Now, how did Kyle get a hold of Cartman's browser history? Hmmm??? Did he use TrollTrace? :lol:
He didn't actually have it, it was a hypothetical question.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:23 am

Damn these cliffhangers :( got to wait until Nov 9th now great episode though loved those va-jay-jay shaped space pods lol: . I found it amusing that Randy was trying to kill off those member berries with acid electricity etc maybe should have just squashed the little bugger. Really starting to hate Gerald now got to be something else going on with him.
Last edited by James--76 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:23 am

Unrelated, should we open a season 20 section in bloopers? I don't know if anyone caught anything this week.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:43 am

Will is usually the best at catching those. I didn't notice any.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”