*2102: Put It Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Sgt. Sarge

Re: *2102: Put It Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:28 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:55 am
JamesPolo wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:21 am
SouthAl93 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:18 am

What makes you think that?
I think he was just having fun doing a pun. I don't think he knows for sure. Its suppose to be a joke. Ships are the drawings of people slashed together. So like Heidi/Cartman or Heiman and then Tweek/Craig or Creek. It was just a joke. We saw Cartman and Heidi break up last episode, which I think it was an obvious breakup. Now it may be that Tweek and Craig get broken up.
I'm praying that BOTH couples patch things up together this week.
Jeez, I didn't think my comment would get out of hand like that. I primarily don't deal in Fandom and was halfheartedly mocking the ships while seeding the idea that this season could explore the girls vs boys theme that Matt and Trey never really got to do last season. Obviously it's just a funny theory, if I were to make a more educated guess however, I'd say that this season will focus a lot on character based comedy to go with the Town-folk stories. That means a lot of these characters will go though turmoil to help better develop them.

Think of it this way, I remember way back when Stan solidified his status with Wendy as his girlfriend, she disappeared for like 4 seasons. After the break-up and make-up, Stan and Wendy had more of a dynamic rather than a vomit gag. I'm not assuming the same will happen to Cartman/ Heidi or Craig/ Tweek but they need to grow a dynamic that fits them and that's why break ups and conflict are helpful. Friction creates fire.
Yosh! Life is good cause I want it that way.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:47 am

Pushing a TV couple to the point of break-up is a time-honored television trope. Tweek and Craig might come out this just fine. Or not; they are 10 after all. No relationship ever lasts more that a few weeks at that age.

The episode title seems to be an illusion to the North Korea plot mentioned in the brief description. That's the thing you would say to a toddler who just picked up something sharp or gross. In other words, Lil' Kim is behaving like a toddler with his crappy nukes.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Oh boy... Fidget spinners.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:26 pm

I would guess that Tweek is addicted to his fidget spinner, hence "Put It Down". Some sort of news about North Korea obviously has him in shock and Richard is trying to calm him down with the spinner. Nice to see Tweek actually tweaking again. He didn't do it at all throughout the last half of Tweek X Craig, and in no background shots that I can remember.
MichaelTanzerCanada

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:04 pm

I just hope that Heiman and Creek would patch things up by making amends to each other....Right?
Heiman forever! Favourite OTP since Season 20! <3
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:34 pm

I, as well as a few others have speculated that this season could be just erasing the changes established from the serialized seasons. :o That would mean the end of Creek. Not that I care. Didn't bother me much.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Det. Sandy Vagina wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:34 pm
I, as well as a few others have speculated that this season could be just erasing the changes established from the serialized seasons. :o That would mean the end of Creek. Not that I care. Didn't bother me much.
Heiman is my favorite couple in South Park, which is worth keeping.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:43 pm

The ratings for this one will be really high among a certain (mostly female) demographic. I genuinely hope it turns out well for them. Probably one of the most passionate fan bases as much as people tend to look down on them.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 am

I know there is not to be political jokes but when North Korea becomes a plot... Anyways, I want to hear someone call Kim Jong Un Rocket Man and for the Elton John song to be in this episode. Please make it so South Park.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
MichaelTanzerCanada

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:24 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:58 pm
Det. Sandy Vagina wrote:
So exactly, SouthAl93! Heiman is my favourite OTP all the time!
Heiman forever! Favourite OTP since Season 20! <3
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:21 am

MichaelTanzerCanada wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:24 am
SouthAl93 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:58 pm
Det. Sandy Vagina wrote:
So exactly, SouthAl93! Heiman is my favourite OTP all the time!
It feels good to meet another Heiman supporter.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:43 am

JamesPolo wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 am
I know there is not to be political jokes but when North Korea becomes a plot... Anyways, I want to hear someone call Kim Jong Un Rocket Man and for the Elton John song to be in this episode. Please make it so South Park.
Garrison has to be in the ep if only to make those jokes. :D If not him, then maybe Dennis Rodman.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”