*2102: Put It Down* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

kfgg

Re: *2102: Put It Down* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:10 pm

nall wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:08 pm
YES! Those songs are fantastic. I have "Put It Down" stuck in my head.
Did they bring in a group of people, like a Book Of Mormon cast or something for that? I've been playing it and wondering.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:51 pm

kfgg wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:10 pm
nall wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:08 pm
YES! Those songs are fantastic. I have "Put It Down" stuck in my head.
Did they bring in a group of people, like a Book Of Mormon cast or something for that? I've been playing it and wondering.
Yes, there was a group of kids, actually.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Is Cartman's song supposed to be a parody of something? Cause I swear I recognize it. And I guess those kids did the "Eric, we don't want you to die. Eric, give life a try" vocals as well.

I didn't realize there were so many Creek haters on here, lol. I'm personally not a "hater", but I'm not that big a fan of it. Mostly cause it just feel shoved in for continuity's sake.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:15 pm

Det. Sandy Vagina wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:58 pm
Is Cartman's song supposed to be a parody of something? Cause I swear I recognize it. And I guess those kids did the "Eric, we don't want you to die. Eric, give life a try" vocals as well.

I didn't realize there were so many Creek haters on here, lol. I'm personally not a "hater", but I'm not that big a fan of it. Mostly cause it just feel shoved in for continuity's sake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLe1dddgZrg

They must listen to excessive amounts of KIIS and KAMP while driving based on the songs parodied in the last two episodes (Minus Joni Mitchell which they already had Butters singing 10 years ago).
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:12 pm

JVM wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:56 am
[
SouthAl93 wrote:But what if they already got back together off-screen?
No clue. I mean, I'm very passionate about those two characters, but I recognize Matt and Trey don't seem terribly interested in them. I'm sure if Trey decided next week he needed one of them for a story, he wouldn't think twice about saying Red's been dating Clyde or something.... but you know how much I'd die to see those two together again, even in the background.

It sounds crazy, but hey, it was crazier before "Skank Hunt" :)
I wasn't just referring to Kevin and Red you know. I was actually referring to when you said this:
JVM wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:24 am
I think sooner or later we'll see Stan and Wendy and/or Token and Nichole get back together, but it'd be more soft like "The List" rather than some grand anti-"Skank Hunt".
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:41 am

I love the 'Put It Down' song too, nall. I've listened to it like 20 times today and watched the episode twice.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:34 pm

I wonder what this week's episode will be about.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:47 pm

SouthAl93 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:34 pm
I'm not expecting Political or current events this week. I am leaning toward a Kenny episode. I think the Cartman/Heidi plot will carry each episode this season. With the response to Creek episodes doing so well, I think Trey and Matt should make one episode a season with a big Creek plot.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:14 pm

JamesPolo wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:47 pm
SouthAl93 wrote:
I'm not expecting Political or current events this week. I am leaning toward a Kenny episode. I think the Cartman/Heidi plot will carry each episode this season. With the response to Creek episodes doing so well, I think Trey and Matt should make one episode a season with a big Creek plot.
What about Stan and Wendy? We still need to know if they're dating again because we don't know if their recent breakup was supposed to last only through the gender wars from last season. Besides, wouldn't you like to see a Wendy-focused episode this year? We haven't got one of those since Season 17 where Clyde got a girlfriend. I think it would be hilarious if Heidi beats the sh*t out of Wendy because of how she's slowly starting to take over Wendy's role in the show.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:13 pm

SouthAl93 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:14 pm
JamesPolo wrote:
SouthAl93 wrote:
What about Stan and Wendy? We still need to know if they're dating again because we don't know if their recent breakup was supposed to last only through the gender wars from last season. Besides, wouldn't you like to see a Wendy-focused episode this year? We haven't got one of those since Season 17 where Clyde got a girlfriend. I think it would be hilarious if Heidi beats the sh*t out of Wendy because of how she's slowly starting to take over Wendy's role in the show.
I would like Wendy to have a big plot but I don't want to force it. If there is room for her I will accept it. If not, I'm okay with it. I don't really care about Stan/Wendy. I like them as a couple but Cartman/Heidi is more fresh and popular. Still, maybe seeing the two couples compete would prove for a good plot? Maybe the last several of seasons best rated episodes should be looked at for repeat material/plots?
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:37 am

JamesPolo wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:13 pm
SouthAl93 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:14 pm
JamesPolo wrote:

I would like Wendy to have a big plot but I don't want to force it. If there is room for her I will accept it. If not, I'm okay with it. I don't really care about Stan/Wendy. I like them as a couple but Cartman/Heidi is more fresh and popular. Still, maybe seeing the two couples compete would prove for a good plot? Maybe the last several of seasons best rated episodes should be looked at for repeat material/plots?
Maybe. By the way, I'm also more of a Heiman person.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:43 am

Good to see you again, Niels, even if we disagree on this episode.
Well, going through the back catalogue of episodes, certain characters have a tendency to appear close together a lot (Tweek and Craig being one of them). Why this particular ship became so popular, I don't know, but it happens with other characters that appear together sometimes too - like Kevin and Red, who were actually shown to be a couple last season.

...But honestly, some of the relationships in the show seem far-fetched before they happen. If a couple years ago, some fans were all into Cartman and Heidi, others would have been all "Nah, that'll NEVER happen."
I can verify this to be true, because I was interested in Heidi/Cartman early on and gradually drew back from it because it became overshadowed by the argument that Cartman was homosexual. There are a lot of non-shippers who became completely sold on that idea.

I still think it's underappreciated that in many of Heidi's previous notable appearances ("Probably" when she was Marcy, "Marjorine", "Follow That Egg!", "Stunning and Brave") she was played off Cartman in some way at some point. I'm not suggesting a grand conspiracy theory, but it certainly deepens their current relationship and retroactively, those previous interactions. I might compare a newer example with Butters and Nelly ("The List", "Canada on Strike!", "Douche and a Danish") - certainly the two have interacted more with one another than the latter has anyone else.... but I do rather like Butters and Charlotte...

My thoughts about Red/Kevin are probably well-documented by now, no? I can cite the episodes they appeared together in off my head. :)

Anyway, it was very, very satisfying as a longtime viewer to watch Heidi/Cartman and Kevin/Red become canonical.

As for Tweek/Craig, I have a very simple theory - it has versatility. Where Kyle/Cartman fits firmly into the "Foe Yay" category and Stan/Kyle firmly into the "Best Friends to Lovers" category, Craig/Tweek can be both all at once, because their interactions were so bare until s19. "Tweek Vs. Craig" sets them up as opponents, but we know it's all staged. Their relationship between this episode and the nineteenth season is never really explained, but they appear a lot in background scenes during this middle period. Although Tweek has zero lines in "South Park is Gay!", he is shown as a member of Craig and Those Guys (for probably the last time) - but this also allows fan writers to portray Craig and Tweek as close friends as well. No matter which direction on which an individual fan's shipping interests lie, Craig/Tweek can fit either stereotypical idea. It personally never interested me, but certainly a ship open to many interpretations prospers.

I definitely think the show has avoided falling to the point of pandering for pandering's sake.
Alex Shir

Postby Alex Shir » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:13 am

Btw, we have no evidences about deep feelings Tweek towards Craig.
At "Tweek x Craig" Tweek said about more friendship than love: he told that Craig made him more strong and independent and he "wants to fix whatever's hurting you now". It's not love declaration, isn't it?
After this episode we see Tweek and Craig at backsides of plots s20 before "Put it down" and don't know about evolution of them relation. They hangs out together and seems rather cohesive but we know that them couple was made by social opression and them behaviour had determinated by social expectations, including obligatory love's discursive things such as "honey", "babe" and other nominations.
So we see that Craig used this love's language (and it additionaly to his actions proves his good attitude to Tweek and some dependence), but no Tweek. What Tweek feels to Craig? How he helps him? Has Tweek emotional dependence from Craig?

I guess if we will see s30 of SP and boys maybe will grow to 13 years old, them hormones will decide about them sexuality and here would be some surprises :lol:
Sorry for my bad English, guys. It's not my native language.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:09 am

I have to admit, I was very surprised to see Cartman and heidi together again. But to the shippers out there: more than heiman, this looks like a "Heidi is the new butters" kind of thing.

Even more submissive than her predecessor, plus it's a girl, so Cartman has the bonus of kisses.

Poor sweet Heidi. If she were a real person, I would tell her: "run, run away!"
He is the record!
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:27 pm

mario88 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:09 am
Plus it's a girl, so Cartman has the bonus of kisses.

I'm sure he'd get a fair share of kisses from Butters if he wanted :oops:
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”