*2105: Hummels & Heroin* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *2105: Hummels & Heroin* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:36 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:48 am
Hope Stan's girlfriend will be involved in this episode too.
See you Wednesday night.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:37 am

Look! Wendy shows up in the clip so maybe we will play a major role in this week's episode.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:40 am

Banned for not shutting up about her.

Btw, for the rest of you, she's in the cafeteria with the other students, but that doesn't mean anything.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:07 am

So, here's something interesting - you can see Shelly and Kevin McCormick in the cafeteria among the other kids in this clip. This is the first time in the series' history we've seen them depicted as students at the school - it's always made sense, as we know they run through sixth grade, which is about where those two would be, but that's still a little barrier broken. It's probably just a little fan easter egg, but still cool!

Of course, the Goth Kids are present, as are Mr. Thompson, Ms. Nelson and the new Kindergarten Teacher. My boi Kevin's right by the screen! Probably just for fun, too. Tweek and Craig are sitting apart! The fans will be so upset :)

Ooh, shiny press images - so I'm imagining Grampa Marvin is the one prescribed and actually needing the opioids and Stan is smuggling them out somehow for some reason? But... why would he give them to Chuck E. Cheese and how? Wonder if it's a double joke on the fact many locations are phasing out the robotic entertainers? Probably not, I'm just throwing stuff at the wall.
OFFICIAL WIKI MODERATOR :D
My Fanfics | My Fanart | My Wiki Talk Page | My Inbox
Favorite Characters: Kenny and family, Stan, Wendy, Kevin Stoley, Mephestos, Tweek, Pip (RIP)
Favorite Episode: "The List" (s11e14)
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:13 am

I've seen drug addicts at Chuck E. Cheese's and there are lots of news articles to back that up. Maybe Stan knows where to find addicts and hits them up as to be a new drug dealer for them?
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:39 am

JVM wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:07 am
Tweek and Craig are sitting apart! The fans will be so upset :)
Same with Heidi sitting waaay in the back while Cartman sits with the other main three near the front. :) And Butters sitting near Nelly, if not with her.
And there's Adam. :)
JVM wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:07 am
So, here's something interesting - you can see Shelly and Kevin McCormick in the cafeteria among the other kids in this clip. This is the first time in the series' history we've seen them depicted as students at the school - it's always made sense, as we know they run through sixth grade, which is about where those two would be, but that's still a little barrier broken. It's probably just a little fan easter egg, but still cool!
Not cool. She was 12 years old when the boys were 8 and in 3rd grade, now she's 13 with the boys being 9 now. As such, she shouldn't be there at all. She should be in 8th grade at a middle school, not in 6th at SPE. Same with Kevin, as he's about as tall as she is.

Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:54 am

*dances around room* Stan episode! Stan episode!

*a-hem* This sounds pretty...interesting. Why would Stan need to steal/hide/sell drugs or whatever, from his grandpa? When I first read the info it sounded as if Stan himself was taking drugs for something which had me a little worried. But with something like this he could obviously get in trouble for too. I'm sure I sound stupid asking but what's a hummel??
Anyway, seeing Stan in two press images and the info is sure to make this a good enough week for me. Looking forward to Wed.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:38 am

Something tells me his grandpa might be the one doing the selling. Might be having Stan deliver for him. Seniors have been selling prescription pills for years, but it’s at a peak now with the opioids. Read up on it. Personally, I have family recovering from the opioid crisis, and one of her dealers was an old woman.

Again, these are just guesses.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:30 am

Big-Will wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:40 am
Banned for not shutting up about her.
You really think he's not gonna come back next Monday and do the same thing? He's spammed about Wendy in every pre-air discussion thread so far.

I'm just glad we're finally getting a Stan episode.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:41 pm

I know. I permabanned him once before, but let him come back on the condition that he not be obsessed with Stendy as much as he had been. Apparently that's not working, so I'll permaban him again.
Stanluv25 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:54 am
what's a hummel??
Small porcelain figurines, like this one.

Not much room for drugs in there, heh.

JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:09 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:41 pm
I know. I permabanned him once before, but let him come back on the condition that he not be obsessed with Stendy as much as he had been. Apparently that's not working, so I'll permaban him again.
Stanluv25 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:54 am
what's a hummel??
Small porcelain figurines, like this one.

Not much room for drugs in there, heh.
Maybe I was wrong then as there's not much storage space. Maybe Hummels are used as a type of currency. I know old people usually died after a couple of years at a retirement home. Maybe Stan seizes the opportunity to take the dead elderly peoples Hummels as they are expensive. Hummels are sometimes the most expensive thing an old women owns in a nursing home. They can go for like $100 to $1000 each. Stan then can sell them at a pawn shop. Maybe Grampa Marsh helps Stan steal them or kill the old women to collect their Hummels?
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Hannafechik98

Postby Hannafechik98 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:15 pm

I just watched the clip and Stan looked kind of uneasy. I wonder what The other 3 will do when they find out Stan may be the cause of the problem.

Would he possibly face a similar punishment like Kenny in "Licecapades"?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:49 am

Hummels are Pokemon for old people. Gotta collect 'em all!

Is collecting Hummels super addictive? If that's the angle, then one idea is the old people in town are so into accumulating those figurines that it leads to all the crime and social problems we've come to expect from the opioid/heroine epidemic. Take a serious subject and substitute a silly thing for the dangerous thing and you get comedy.
Good opportunity to send up all the bad anti-drug propaganda from the last 40 years.

Grandpa Marsh is the one old person we care about in South Park, so naturally this becomes a Stan story. We've already established in Freemium Isn't Free that the Marshes are prone to addiction. (Except of course Randy because it's called a "Smorgasvine" and it's elegantly cultural. ;) )

You read it! You can't unread it!
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:07 am

Join us now in the post-air thread!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”