*2105: Hummels & Heroin* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*2105: Hummels & Heroin* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:06 am

Now airing on Comedy Central.
Sgt. Sarge

Re: *2105: Hummels & Heroin* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:41 am

I'm surprised by how straight forward this episode was.

Grandpa was like "These Hummels have a special power", then he just wacks the sh*t of her with them. :D

I'm curious as to what the ending signifies, I don't feel like this will continue next episode but who knows, it's not even made yet.
Yosh! Life is good cause I want it that way.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:48 am

The quartet of Cartman, Kyle, Kenny, and Butters was pretty funny.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:51 am

“Old People Music”

Cypress Hill - Insane In The Brain
Kelis - Milkshake
Nirvana - Rape Me
Spin Doctors - Two Princes
Green Day - When I Come Around
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:57 am

kfgg wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:51 am
“Old People Music”

Cypress Hill - Insane In The Brain
Kelis - Milkshake
Nirvana - Rape Me
Spin Doctors - Two Princes
Green Day - When I Come Around
Thanks, buddih!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:58 am

It was an okay episode. I like the new character Marcus Preston, he is witty and smart. I think a problem was that only Marcus cared that the entertainers were dying. It’s at least for me, tough to feel for Marcus as he is new. He seems to be naiver than Butters to a degree, which could show potential. He naive as he believes people in costumes are the real cartoons and he thinks TV shows are real life. Still, he is also a great detective. I feel he is like a different kind of Butters. Who knows how much more of him we will get? He seems unbeatable as one thing and sophisticated. I hope we see him as a part in a future episode just to try it out again.

The rap music was okay but not really my thing. I liked the prison comparisons with the retirement home, those places suck. I know people love to watch TV of jail but if you’ve been there you will not like it.

The plot was kind of strange. So, it was that the old people get prescription drugs and then because who has the most Hummels, gets to boss everyone around. But the power of the Hummels is to beat people with them? That Hummels in the bag beating were great, I laughed but the plot was weird that old people were bullied by it as you could beat someone either way. How the hell did McGillicutty get hold of the entertainers to sell to them? There were some gaps in the plot of the drug dealing. I can’t understand the crime board to this episode.

Miss McGillicutty was a fun character. Her having loose farts was great, it was the other part of the episode that had me laughing. It was so gross and so true of old women. I felt like I could almost taste it. Her walking around the table as Stan and his grandpa ate was sick. I remember there have been old jokes about the last name of people named McGillicutty loving to cut farts all the time. I liked the sex jokes of it with loose being farts. Yet I don’t want to end up in a home.

The episode had furry’s dying by drug overdose, I enjoyed it. Why would someone keep Hummels up their ass? I know it was to make it more gangster but yuck. I still don’t understand why furries were done and not big celebrities.

The kids creating a kids choir was okay and it was a barbershop quartet. I liked the kids singing old 90’s hits and songs from the early 2000’s. I fun joke on people being old. I think I could enjoy that music myself, at some sort of event, as long as I had enough beer and if it was only for like a half an hour.

It ends with Marcus paying the drug companies a visit at an event of theirs. It’s like were supposed to expect Marcus to be a person who creates change. Will he ever be one upped? He’s too elegant and smug, he doesn’t fit right with the other kids or the show. I’d like to see him lose at something but it would have to be done right.

All in all, it was okay. I’ll give it a 7.5/10. I just found it kind of boring for some reason.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
joshferrell

Postby joshferrell » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:08 am

RIP Chuck E Cheese... sniff sniff.. this much be their commentary about how CEC is getting rid of the robots... :cry:
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:26 am

Does anyone want to take a try at guessing where the inspiration for Marcus Preston comes from? I mean he has to be a parody of someone.

I think he is a combination of Matlock, Winston Churchill, and Joe Pesci.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:45 am

JamesPolo wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:26 am
Does anyone want to take a try at guessing where the inspiration for Marcus Preston comes from? I mean he has to be a parody of someone.

I think he is a combination of Matlock, Winston Churchill, and Joe Pesci.
Chris Christie?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:55 am

Episode is available on-site now.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:59 am

One word to sum up this episode: FANTASTIC. And yes I may be a bit biased since I've been moaning for an actual Stan episode for years but seriously... I can't remember the last time I laughed this much at a new episode. Everything just felt right and worked so well. I love how Butters was treated as the unofficial 5th member of the boys. They got along nicely, he wasn't being pushed around by Cartman or he wasn't retaliating back in some form. Cartman stepping up to help Stan out even though Kyle already said they shouldn't get involved in this. That hardly ever happens so it was refreshing to see. Then the barbershop quartet of 'old people' music- lol. Loved the fact that the entertainers that OD'd were just costume characters and not actual celebrities. :D The rapping in the retirement home even though I generally don't like rap. Then of course to see how caring and sweet Stan can be, doing what he could to help his grandfather and also reasoning and embracing the Marcus kid.

"That's just my grandson, he's worthless." :lol: :lol:

No way can any episode this season beat this one. 10/10, looking forward to re-watching.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
DogPoo44

Postby DogPoo44 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:19 am

Stanluv25 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:59 am
One word to sum up this episode: FANTASTIC. And yes I may be a bit biased since I've been moaning for an actual Stan episode for years but seriously... I can't remember the last time I laughed this much at a new episode. Everything just felt right and worked so well. I love how Butters was treated as the unofficial 5th member of the boys. They got along nicely, he wasn't being pushed around by Cartman or he wasn't retaliating back in some form. Cartman stepping up to help Stan out even though Kyle already said they shouldn't get involved in this. That hardly ever happens so it was refreshing to see. Then the barbershop quartet of 'old people' music- lol. Loved the fact that the entertainers that OD'd were just costume characters and not actual celebrities. :D The rapping in the retirement home even though I generally don't like rap. Then of course to see how caring and sweet Stan can be, doing what he could to help his grandfather and also reasoning and embracing the Marcus kid.

"That's just my grandson, he's worthless." :lol: :lol:

No way can any episode this season beat this one. 10/10, looking forward to re-watching.
I agree! Another EXCELLENT episode!! So happy they stopped with the serialization. Many funny moments last night: Randy cringing at the "Old top Bitch" farts. Chuck E. Cheese stumbling thru Marcus' birthday party. Killer Mike's rap about the rough life at Shady Acres. And of course, the boy's barbershop quartet!!

We are half way thru season 21 and here is how I rate each episode:

Episode 1: White People Renovating Houses 7/10
Episode 2: Put it Down 9.5/10
Episode 3: Holiday Special 8.5/10
Episode 4: Franchise Prequel 7.5/10
Episode 5: Hummels and Heroin 9/10

So far I am enjoying Season 21 much more than 19 or 20. Season 19 was just OK, whereas season 20 was not so good.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:00 pm

it was an old-time episode. which is good, but also means that matt and trey are kind of stuck now, they can't find a proper way to develop the plot. or maybe they just needed a pause.

i loved the ending. i wish more people had the gut to say things as they are<: those people are indeed drug dealer. legal drug dealers, but drug dealers nevertheless.

this is on average much less of an issue in europe i gotta say, but watching american tv shows i see how much this is affecting many people in the u.s.

if i may say so, i beleive that the people from the pharmaceuticsa should have been introduced before in the episodes, not just the last seconds, and poked fun on for at least 3 minutes. what worked perfectly on the second episode of this season, cause it doesn't need a further explanation, imho doesn't fit perfectly in this case.

nevertheless, it'd say 7.5.

maybe it's just me, but i also see a parallel between this episode and the "Brawl in the Family" episode of he simpsons (the other show in my heart), where they are about to go home and lisa says (i'm quoting by heart, so those might not be the exact words): "this might be the end to our adventures", which was a meta-reference.

now, when the other kids repeatedly try not to get involved in stan's drug trafficking and in the end they do, and kyle says: "oh, sh*t": well, that also sounds to me like saying to people watching the show: "yeah, we are going for the old kind of plot, we know", and at the same time telling that to themselves.

like they knew they were going to produce a good episode, but with a formula that might begin to look overused.

or at least, that's what i read into it. :mrgreen:

tl;dr old formula and they know it. but quite good episode, i only wish they had introduced the actual big shots of the drug dealings earlier in the episode rather than at the very end, cause they deserved way more "spanking"
He is the record!
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Good episode funny parts Butters going toilet while the boys are arguing and they pause awkwardly. The quartet stuff was good hearing those songs like that. The old people stuff was ok I found a sense of satisfaction when that old women got beat up with the bag of Hummel figurines.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Sgt. Sarge

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:01 pm

I want to say this now as I have speculated this on 4chan for many months now.

Next weeks episode will be an IT parody, and with Dinky Duke's death in this episode there is enough hear for me to call it without looking like a fool.
Yosh! Life is good cause I want it that way.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”