*2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

MichaelTanzerCanada
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:01 am

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:50 pm

DogPoo44 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:42 pm
Does anyone think Kyle will try to steal Heidi from Eric??
I do think so yeah....
Heiman forever! Favourite OTP since Season 20! <3
JamesPolo
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:15 am

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby JamesPolo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:42 pm

I would say Kyle dated Bebe by the way they have behaved. Kyle did go out on a date with Nichole too.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Hailcoaster
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:38 pm

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Hailcoaster » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:52 pm

JamesPolo wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:42 pm
I would say Kyle dated Bebe by the way they have behaved. Kyle did go out on a date with Nichole too.
Kyle never dated Bebe, she just had an exceptional fixation with his ass. He never got to actually became a couple with Nicole and his stafus with Rebecca Cotswolds was questionable, but she was the closest thing he had to a girlfriend, if we discount Leslie, cause she was an ad.
Also it's kind of lowkey canon that Kyle falls in love easily, and even though he never got to have a formal girlfriend, he's had the most romantic interests out of all the boys.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18697
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:21 pm

The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
SouthAl93
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby SouthAl93 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:25 pm

Hailcoaster wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:52 pm
JamesPolo wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:42 pm
I would say Kyle dated Bebe by the way they have behaved. Kyle did go out on a date with Nichole too.
Kyle never dated Bebe, she just had an exceptional fixation with his ass. He never got to actually became a couple with Nicole and his stafus with Rebecca Cotswolds was questionable, but she was the closest thing he had to a girlfriend, if we discount Leslie, cause she was an ad.
Also it's kind of lowkey canon that Kyle falls in love easily, and even though he never got to have a formal girlfriend, he's had the most romantic interests out of all the boys.
Too bad Kyle turned Rebecca into a slut.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
mario88
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby mario88 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:38 pm

He is the record!
Hannafechik98
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:21 pm

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Hannafechik98 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:57 pm

The question is, if Kyle’s playing with fire, would that make him seem like an antagonist? What if Cartman’s really plotting something terrible?
MichaelTanzerCanada
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:01 am

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:53 pm

Hannafechik98 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:57 pm
The question is, if Kyle’s playing with fire, would that make him seem like an antagonist? What if Cartman’s really plotting something terrible?
Now that you've mention it, I think you could be right.
Heiman forever! Favourite OTP since Season 20! <3
Hannafechik98
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:21 pm

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Hannafechik98 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:05 am

but how antagonistic could he get? He would never do anything that evil.
mario88
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby mario88 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:38 am

I hope the episode doesn't let me down because the premise looks so damn good, I really want this episode to live up to the expectations more than other times.

I love how Matt&Trey want kyle to step in and ruin the mind game of Cartman towards Heidi. Sounds so promising.
He is the record!
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6093
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:06 am

Resolution of this Heidi - Fatass thing this week maybe?
I've made my thoughts known about this relationship. I don't like it, not for the humor they are going for with it, but because Fatass doesn't deserve happiness.

As this season has progressed, however, it occurs to me that the longer he's "dating" Heidi, the more miserable Fatass becomes; which is enjoyable to me. Watching him suffer over the tiniest bullshit that normal people take in stride is I guess what I've always wanted. Especially considering how awful Fatass has been to the girls over the history of the show. It's only fitting that a girl being nice to him is what's torturing Lardo this season. The longer this relationship lasts, the more Fatass suffers for his sins. So as long as Heidi is willing to keep taking one for the team, let's keep it going and get that fat fuck to have a total mental breakdown. :twisted:
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18697
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:41 am

You're right about that. She's killing him with kindness, and he wants out before she finishes the job. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JVM
Posts: 1049
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby JVM » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:11 am

If you think Heidi and Cartman are breaking up, just reread the title... Matt and Trey are doubling down on Heidi/Cartman ;)

We'll see what happens. I'm going to focus on how Token becomes involved in this. I'm much more curious about the idea of seeing other characters responding to Heidi and Cartman's relationship woes than what happens between these two.

I always liked the idea of Heidi/Cartman based on my supposition Heidi, being superficial, could be a softer counterpart to him - spiteful and arrogant, but not necessarily bigoted or outright sadistic. The idea of a relationship where they mistrusted and constantly challenged each other not only felt like something that could be interesting for Cartman, but also would allow Heidi to stand out as a character among the other girls. I think the ship has sailed (pun half-intended) on that, but it's so unfortunate because it just undermines how much the Heidi-Cartman relationship we have feels like a missed opportunity more than a bad idea.

(Boy golly, am I sick of working Wednesdays. Really sucking the joy out of South Park season for me. I couldn't catch preview info this week and I can't watch episodes live anymore?)
MichaelTanzerCanada
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:01 am

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:35 am

JVM wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:11 am
If you think Heidi and Cartman are breaking up, just reread the title... Matt and Trey are doubling down on Heidi/Cartman ;)

We'll see what happens. I'm going to focus on how Token becomes involved in this. I'm much more curious about the idea of seeing other characters responding to Heidi and Cartman's relationship woes than what happens between these two.

I always liked the idea of Heidi/Cartman based on my supposition Heidi, being superficial, could be a softer counterpart to him - spiteful and arrogant, but not necessarily bigoted or outright sadistic. The idea of a relationship where they mistrusted and constantly challenged each other not only felt like something that could be interesting for Cartman, but also would allow Heidi to stand out as a character among the other girls. I think the ship has sailed (pun half-intended) on that, but it's so unfortunate because it just undermines how much the Heidi-Cartman relationship we have feels like a missed opportunity more than a bad idea.

(Boy golly, am I sick of working Wednesdays. Really sucking the joy out of South Park season for me. I couldn't catch preview info this week and I can't watch episodes live anymore?)
Wow that’s fascinating.
Heiman forever! Favourite OTP since Season 20! <3
Hailcoaster
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:38 pm

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Hailcoaster » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:29 am

Now that Kyle came into the game and stepped in their relationship over his concern for Heidi’s well-being, and Kyle being one of Cartman’s main interests(for better or for worse), among with all the other factors that I've previously mentioned, we can only speculate what happens from here, there are many possibilities that can take place once all these elements collide with each other, and we can’t have certainty of nothing when the conclusion is relying on Cartman’s unstable behaviour, but if something is certain is that not every character involved will get their own happy ending.
I believe Cartman will get screwed over eventually, wether in this particular case or in the events that will follow as consequence of it.
The only way for Cartman to come to therms with how much of a piece of sh*t he actually is is through his actions backfiring to the point he cannot longer intervene in the outcome of the situation, to f*ck up so bad his mental gymnastics cannot deflect the blame unto other people but himself. Even if he happened to get the happy ending in this instance, his way of handling the situation will affect him sooner or later, his own victory is what will drive him to his next failure. If Cartman decided to be a more reasonable person, he could get his own sort of ‘lesser evil’ in the long run if he just accepted defeat here, he could even flatter his own ego by taking this alternative, praising himself for his supposed indiference to the situation, though this would mean for Cartman to get stuck in his self absorbed mentality and would slow his personal growth considerably, which, in the end, just ensures he’ll engage in the same problematic behaviour in the future. (If Matt and Trey decide to be realistic).

I predict either:
a. Cartman will get rid of Heidi satisfactorily.
b. Heidi will escape the relationship successfully (for Cartman's disgrace)
c. Heidi will escape the relationship successfully (with Cartman either convincing himself of his victory, or overshadowing his dependence to his relationship with Heidi by replacing it with a more prominent obssession, Kyle perhaps?)
d. Cartman will continue to be stuck with his relationship with Heidi (for my disdain).

But at this point I've honestly hyped up this episode to the point it's most likely gonna disappoint me.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests