*2109: SUPER HARD PCness* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Stanluv25

Re: *2109: SUPER HARD PCness* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:33 am

I just didn't get this one. Then again I forgot much of what happened in the show the past few years or so but still... Once again, Cartman/Heidi was never funny so I didn't care about them fighting then making up. Why is Heidi fat now? I didn't see last week's. I'm not quite sure what Kyle is planning to do with the whole Terrance and Philip thing. Is it all because he still likes Heidi and doesn't want her to stoop down to Cartman's level? Ya it's annoying but she's obviously not a great catch if she's going to be manipulated to becoming another Cartman. That whole bit and Garrison firing back at Canada had me confused. Was it supposed to reference something? I don't pay much attention to the news either. Why were T&P shown as old men?

The beginning of this season was promising enough but I already knew nothing was going to top the gem that was Hummles and Heroin. The bit with Mackey and Miss Conduct sharing a moment was sweet and the only thing I really enjoyed.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:39 am

SouthAl93 wrote:Didn't Kyle's dad started that gender war at school from last season which needs to end in the season finale next week?
The 'Gender War' is a non-violent conflict as far as we've seen. The term 'war' is used loosely, as it is in terms such as 'Cold War'. His involvement in the S20 finale averted an actual violent inter-global conflict.

I wouldn't hold your breath to see that conflict resolved last week, dude. I mean, I'd really love to see that, but I just don't feel like that's where the show's focus is right now and I'm not sure I'd want them to cram it in, unless the attack on Canada were to somehow trigger it... which isn't what I'm expecting.
Nall wrote:#TweekWasRight
For a kid who is supposed to be too paranoid to function, he's not too far off the mark, heh :P
Big-Will wrote:Sheila talked to Linda and used her laptop to find Gerald's troll history, but all of it vanished when the Internet was reset, so she lost all proof that Gerald was the troll, so she couldn't tell anyone.
Laura ;)
Big-Will wrote:The song that came to mind when Kyle trimmed his hair was Michael Jackson's "Man In The Mirror," in which he's asking the Man In The Mirror to change his ways. This is precisely what Kyle did - change his ways - even if he became his mom by doing so.
I was joking in livechat with a friend about how that voice in the background "no more doody jokes" sounded a lot like Jackson. Was having trouble figuring out if it was just an effect or if it was supposed to mean something.
Stanluv25 wrote:Why is Heidi fat now? I didn't see last week's.
Remember how Cartman swapped Heidi's food in "Doubling Down"? She's becoming fat because he's tricking her into eating fatty foods by telling her its vegan. The whole idea last week is that Heidi has become a female Cartman now and was taking her anger out on the other kids - thus why some of them root for her over Cartman during the fight here.
OFFICIAL WIKI MODERATOR :D
My Fanfics | My Fanart | My Wiki Talk Page | My Inbox
Favorite Characters: Kenny and family, Stan, Wendy, Kevin Stoley, Mephestos, Tweek, Pip (RIP)
Favorite Episode: "The List" (s11e14)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:43 am

Heidi is fat now because Cartman tricked her into eating foods from KFC (chicken) and Arby's (roast beef), neither of which is vegan, and she just let herself go. Notice that she's eating more than Cartman is now.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:56 am

Hey, I f*cked up earlier - I forgot Terrance and Phillip appeared in "Freemium isn't Free", probably because they spend most of the episode relatively inactive, just so they can be explained Freemium gaming. I actually remembered the minister from that one first, lol
OFFICIAL WIKI MODERATOR :D
My Fanfics | My Fanart | My Wiki Talk Page | My Inbox
Favorite Characters: Kenny and family, Stan, Wendy, Kevin Stoley, Mephestos, Tweek, Pip (RIP)
Favorite Episode: "The List" (s11e14)
glenn_001

Postby glenn_001 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:03 pm

It remembered me of the movie years ago with kyle just doing as his mom with the MAC (mothers against canada)

Best episode of the season personal opinon
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:12 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:48 am
SouthAl93 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:27 am
Didn't Kyle's dad started that gender war at school from last season which needs to end in the season finale next week?
He trolled the moms, but they never found out whom the troll was.
The girls got pissed and started the war with the boys, but they never found out whom the troll was either.
In short, no one ever found out it was him except his family, the other trolls, Troll Trace, and the losing candidate and her team, and I doubt Kyle or Ike told anyone. Sheila talked to Linda and used her laptop to find Gerald's troll history, but all of it vanished when the Internet was reset, so she lost all proof that Gerald was the troll, so she couldn't tell anyone.

In any case, no atomic or nuclear bombs were thrown during the gender war, as were thrown against Canada twice already (the movie and this episode).
But the gender war still needs to officially end this season and the season finale next week is this season's last chance of doing so and they can't f*ck up.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Maybe they don't want to end the gender war.
He is the record!
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:09 pm

-Why are Terrance and Philip so old all of a sudden?
-Oh Kyle's watching clips from older episodes.
-Jesus I'd never thought they'd even acknowledge the movie again, but here's a straight up parody of it.
-Mackey & Female Mackey are actually pretty cute lol.
-Oh my GOD, he nuked Canada... This is horrific. I know it's a cartoon and we've seen people die in more brutal ways (they're just sort of flying around) but this is seriously f*cked up.
-I didn't really understand Kyle's sudden change of heart. Why are farts so horrible and unfunny all of a sudden? I know he basically admits to being triggered about Heidi becoming Cartman but why would that turn him into his mom?
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:13 pm

Life changes a person sometimes. There was a time when Kyle and Cartman would enjoy watching Terrance & Phillip together even though they hated each other, but a girl came between them and now he can't enjoy the things he used to because the girl he likes is now enjoying them with the guy he hates. Now it's Kyle's turn to double down on his feelings for Heidi and get her away from Cartman. He might fail, since Heidi is now doing PA announcements with Cartman, but he won't back down now.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:15 pm

mario88 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:41 pm
It has lasted long enough, the gender war should have ended by now.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:18 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:13 pm
Life changes a person sometimes. There was a time when Kyle and Cartman would enjoy watching Terrance & Phillip together even though they hated each other, but a girl came between them and now he can't enjoy the things he used to because the girl he likes is now enjoying them with the guy he hates. Now it's Kyle's turn to double down on his feelings for Heidi and get her away from Cartman. He might fail, since Heidi is now doing PA announcements with Cartman, but he won't back down now.
Maybe Kyle should just leave Heidi with Cartman because she seems happy with him and end up with Isla or Theresa.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:53 pm

If I didn't have debilitating OCD like I do now (OCD is no joke) I would go on more in depth about this one.

But I will say this. It was really kinda sad seeing Terrence And Phillip old. It was good to see them, but that was really sad.

Matt once joked in an article for news.com.au about how they will probably be the oldest people in the room doing fart jokes. “We’re going to end up be the guys who are still stuck on stage at 75 doing vaudeville for the kids who will all be like, ‘Look at these two old guys up here still doing fart jokes,’” "For the sake of humour, we can only hope this will be the case."
http://www.news.com.au/news/south-park- ... 7c1d109a8d

I believe obviously it was based on that.

As for "Millenials Against Canada", all of that was because of the way people in a certain demographic piss and moan and groan if something is even mildly offensive these days. There was a specific article (or blog post) that I saw a few months back aimed directly at South Park in this regard. Maybe they saw it. This article made me want to bang my head against the wall.
https://theoutline.com/post/2234/south- ... subversive
Hailcoaster

Postby Hailcoaster » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:54 pm

I thought the episode felt off, execution wise. It just appeared to me like it was the same 'Kyle getting bullied/being his mom' and 'the teachers falling in love' repeating itself over the course of 20 minutes, resulting in slow pacing when other conflicts could have taken place and be resolved.
In other episodes the characters actions work around the plotline instead of being the plotline themselves, but here you just saw the same thing you saw the first time over and over again. The storytelling brought back memories of S20, but with the poorly intertwining between B plot and A plot that has characterized some episodes of S21.

I'm not really fond of Heiman as the evil power duo, but I gotta admit Heidi and Cartman beating each other up at the start of the episode over the most mundane of things and then making up over demeaning Kyle was pretty funny. On the other side, South Park has proven over the course of the series bullying or outcasting Kyle is never a good idea, and it seems like he has become the punching bag of the other kids on latter seasons. I'm wondering how the parallels they're making with the movie(dick jokes in the title and all) will play out in the finale. I'm a bit worried about the course of the story and the resolution of wandering plotlines. I found Kyle's reasoning in this episode to be out of place. Heidi being his main motivation was shallow, especially considering he only had a crush for her that developed in a really reduced amount of time, not something the audience can really sympathize with. I suppose his motivation lied in Cartman screwing him over and getting away with it once again instead. Kyle advocating for censorship (while simultaneously being oblivious to the blatant irony) was a weird turn of events for his character and he's probably going to have a bad time next episode dealing with his peers and his own guilt. Funny enough, it seemed like Kyle was 'doubling down' himself, when trying to prove his activism was fundamentally 'doing a change' unlike his mother, the more people compared him to her.
The final montage was fantastic, perhaps the climax of the episode. Kyle's horrorized face when witnessing the consequences of his actions was the cherry on top of the cake.
Last edited by Hailcoaster on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jo5555

Postby Jo5555 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:15 pm

JamesPolo wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:59 am
I liked seeing Cartman and Heidi fighting with each other. It did make them out to be white trash like Kenny’s parents but showed them to be strong and good fighters. It sure made me feel intimidated by them unlike past episodes. So that sure added to Kyle having more reason now to fear fighting Cartman and Heidi physically when they make fun of him.
Cartman and Heidi aren’t strong. They have basically the same strength. I’m sure other kids can still beat them up.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:59 pm

SouthAl93 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:15 pm
mario88 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:41 pm
It has lasted long enough, the gender war should have ended by now.
I may even agree with you but see, it's neither me nor you to write the episodes.
He is the record!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”