S22E06: "Time To Get Cereal" preshow discussion.

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S22E06: "Time To Get Cereal" preshow discussion.

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:13 am

Episode 2206 - Time To Get Cereal

THE CITIZENS OF SOUTH PARK HAVE NO IDEA OF THE DANGER THEY’RE IN.

When dead citizens start popping up all over town, the boys realize they need Al Gore’s help. The boys are willing to do almost anything to save the town, and themselves, but it just may be too late.

Hmmm, no midterms episode? Seems like Al Gore is back to remind us about climate change and how little has been done to curtail it. But the boys acknowledge he was right all along.
Please, Mr. Gore
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Stanluv25

Re: S22E06: "Time To Get Cereal" preshow discussion.

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:44 am

Hmm, could be interesting. I wonder exactly who is showing up dead in town. Random people? And why? Is some mythical beast believed to be the culprit and so the only hope is to call in Al Gore, who has experience in another mythical creature? As long as things don't get political then it should be fine. Crossing my fingers for another good episode for season 22. And hopefully seeing Stan's name highlighted in the info before the season is up.

Ya know I gotta bring that up every season. :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:23 am

Oh no Al Gore is back I’m super cereal.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:36 pm

This is one of the vaguest descriptions in years and it's so hard to tell if that's a sign of playing something close to the vest or a sign they haven't cracked the full story yet. We'll see if it's really about climate change, Manbearpig, both or neither. I have a difficult relationship with the show's version of the former Vice President. I wish we knew more about the idea citizens are dying. Hope this doesn't mean someone we care about will be killed off in a casual manner. Color me intrigued.

Interesting that after twelve years, Gore has the same basic appearance besides the beard (for thematic purposes) and his hair color being shifted appropriately to gray, reflecting the real Gore. SP's had a habit of re-designing celebrities upon later appearances. Whether this is a sign of Gore's status as somehow an ironically significant character the show's lore, or just a design choice given he hasn't aged too dramatically, I'm not sure.

Also, I think this is the first time we've seen the bowling alley in use. Mick's Lanes is back. Been a while.

With Fr. Maxi, Mr. Hankey, Towelie, the low-profile Lolly, and now this, it seems like M&T really are going out of their way to reinvigorate some of the show's forgotten characters... here's hoping they keep the trend going.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:00 pm

It seems it is some sort of joke on the midterm elections. Like I’ve heard of the joke of dead people voting being people used a dead person’s name to vote to get their person to win. The Democrats are kind of in a bad position. Maybe it is people voting for dead people or that real dead people come back to life to try and help the Democrats win some seats? I almost think the Simpsons did this in a Halloween episode once.

I don’t know if it will be about climate change, not much new on that front that I’ve heard. I’d expect a joke on the Caravan or maybe a Canadian one. I've heard more on how much plastic is ruining our environment then about climate change recently.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:55 pm

They're keeping it vague so they can change it Tuesday night based on what happens.

Or not. :P

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:41 am

I think of how maybe Randy’s farm, which grows some of the best stuff, is using so many chemicals to grow the marijuana and hemp that it seeps into the ground water or something and makes its way to the town cemetery and is causing the dead to come back to life. Maybe Randy is using experimental miracle grow or something? That stuff can cause some serious cancer so why not bring the dead back to life to vote?
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
joshferrell

Postby joshferrell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:12 pm

I wonder is South Park Susan shows up at some point,,lol…...I hope the dead people are celebs like Elvis, Lincoln, Lennon, Freddie Mercury and past characters like Pip and chef..
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:36 pm

joshferrell wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:12 pm
I wonder is South Park Susan shows up at some point,,lol…...
Only if Cartman lampoons her.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”