Jimmy Volmer-Swanson name change

Moderator: Big-Will

David Sireno

Jimmy Volmer-Swanson name change

Postby David Sireno » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:45 pm

Why does little Jimmy have two last names? He is refered to Jimmy Volmer when using steroids at the special olympics, but he's Jimmy swanson the rest of the time. What's up with this?
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:58 pm

I never paid any attention to his last name but it's funny because in Family Guy, Peter's crippled neighbor also has a last name of Swanson. (Joe Swanson) Coincidence?
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Orichalcon

Postby Orichalcon » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:32 pm

Some have suggested that his last name was changed from Swanson so that he wouldn't be confused with the Swanson on Family Guy (He's crippled too, right?)

Anyway, most name changes are calculated. Token's last name went from being Williams to being Black. Since "Token Black" is a much better pun name.

You'll also notice in the beginning of the first season, the boys' mum's all shared the same name of "Carol" I think, until they finally got their own respective names we know today. Kyle's last name "Broflovski" alternated with spelling a lot through the first few seasons too.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:45 pm

They should edit the old episodes and put the new names in them?
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Orichalcon

Postby Orichalcon » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:05 am

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:They should edit the old episodes and put the new names in them?

Nah, let history be history. Going back and watching the old episodes just shows the evolution of the show. It's good to be able to notice things like this.
JokerBrown

Postby JokerBrown » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:20 am

Butter's dad's name changes a lot too. Sometimes it's Chris, sometimes it's Steven.
You're drunk, Mr. Hat!
Tm@rk

Postby Tm@rk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:00 am

you know in episode 218 "conjoined fetus lady" I think stan or kyle calls 2 kids to block a dogeball and one of them is named swanson but the wierd part is butters is one of hte 2 kids that was called so I figured butters original name was swanson

Return to “Season 9”