The Cartman's Sexuality Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

JVM

The Cartman's Sexuality Thread

Postby JVM » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:17 am

One of the most popular topics in the fanbase that nobody actually likes talking about is the subject of Cartman's sexuality - it's come up the topics for "The End of Serialization As We Know It" most recently, as well as in some social media reactions to Cartman's wiki page, and previously in his own topic. I thought it was worthy of its own thread and hopefully when the issue comes up in the future, we can all redirect here, and leave other threads alone.

While many members of the community have decided for themselves and see it as a closed issue, I have personally encountered a wide variety of different perspectives, without a clear consensus emerging as an overall frontrunner, though opinions vary in different spheres. There should be little doubt that no matter how solid a given argument is, the issue at heart remains a controversial topic, but is nonetheless such a subject of popular debate it definitely warrants a thread of its own.

So, what is your take on this hot button issue?
mario88

Re: The Cartman's Sexuality Thread

Postby mario88 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:34 am

I have already stated my position on the issue a couple of times, I'll repeat it breafly:

- children are still developing their personalities, so it's not easy to tell who's gay and who's not. I mean, I believe that you are born straight or gay, but you may need to get to the teenage years (or even later) to understand your preferences.

- of all the kids in South Park, Cartman is the one who I personally spot as a possible homosexual, because he keeps talking and dreaming of vaginas with balls, even after seeing heidi's vagina, so I believe there is some confusion in his mind, he might be a homosexual and still not know it. But I'm not a psychologist, so that might also be total bullishit. :mrgreen:

A whole other thing is the quite large number of South Park fans who have already "decided" that two or three characters are certainly gay, mostly because they like to fantasize about either stan&kyle or cartman&kyle as couples.
He is the record!
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:25 pm

I think first of that we are talking about cartoon characters. These are not real people and the show is one of comedy, which sexuality jokes are good game. South Park has the characters act out LGBTQ behaviors because it is funny. The show is for laughs and people like to laugh at gay people as it is abnormal, strange, and with taboo. We know most of the shows main male characters have all had a deviation from the heterosexual. This can be because the show is mainly a guy’s show and seeing guys do gay things is shocking. This show is about attention grabbing and it does that while grossing you out. Cartman will be what is funny that still fits his main stay personality. If Cartman was not the big fan favorite that he is than his odd sexual acts would have been lessened and other characters would have been seen doing the same gay things Cartman did. If Garrison can go from straight to closeted gay to out to trans and back again than that should tell you any of the other characters can do the same.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:13 pm

I'm just sticking with Cartman dating Heidi Turner for now.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Bunny Style

Postby Bunny Style » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:32 pm

We all know Cartman loves Kyle and Butters!
I just had to reply xD
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:32 am

I never really considered any of his actions anything other than a lot of extremes to get his way. That's it. In my 20 years this fall watching this show that's all I've seen. The years add up....Then came Heidi which he seems to have had some genuine liking toward. Heidi was already somewhat of a throwback to Season 9 and prior to that 3:
https://68.media.tumblr.com/06a4378db10 ... 1_1280.png
https://68.media.tumblr.com/a0a4b25beac ... o1_500.gif

Unrelated, I wish Stan and Kyle would just make out and date already. Seasons 3, 4, 5, 9, 10 (First half) and 11 and 12 and again in 15 they were a little romantic at times to say the least, but the show's focus in recent years has had them thrown in the background.

Cartman, Randy and Butters are usually front and center now, so that's anyone's guess.

This is not much of a focus anymore. Not enough time for it.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:33 am

JVM wrote:So, what is your take on this hot button issue?
Two thoughts:

⓵. These are 10 year olds. Too early to say. No puberty to have gone through yet. They're still at the stage where young kids who are boys stick with boys, and girls stick with girls. Wait until puberty hits. In ESM, Cartman says: "Dude, girls are such fags," which goes along with what I just said.

⓶. As these kids haven't gone through puberty yet, I disagree that this is a "hot button issue."
CommunistAnalProbe

Postby CommunistAnalProbe » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:19 am

This thread was a worse bomb than the one that Dolphin and Whale dropped on Hiroshima. :parishilton:
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu May 18, 2017 5:34 pm

⓶. As these kids haven't gone through puberty yet, I disagree that this is a "hot button issue."

The phrase "hot button issue" was a joke that clearly went over everybody's heads, but as one of the wiki editors here, there's been criticism on both ends when we did not address sexuality, or when people felt we were catering towards one side of the issue. That's the only feedback we ever received on the page - and it was dozens of posts. The thread for the season finale also devolved into arguing about Cartman's sexuality for a while. I also recall when Heidi and Cartman began dating, a lot of people including here were still arguing.

It's not something I'm worried about, but the fact enough people see it as worth an argument means that it's a subject worthy of a discussion topic.

This thread was a worse bomb than the one that Dolphin and Whale dropped on Hiroshima. :parishilton:

You're entitled to your opinion.
JaVampire07

Postby JaVampire07 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:08 am

Well, in my personal opinion of all this is that Cartman is still a kid (with a huge problems) but, I know for the fact he sorta have some interest in Kyle and some of his actions are y'know... Anyways, I was surprise he and Hedid broke up, I sorta expect them to be together except the fact that hedid broke up with him in the last season is a huge surprise *sorry if I spoiled you*
I do believe that he could be bisexual bc he likes both genders, even tho he is either denial or just clueless about his preference bc he still a kid and as a kid you are finding yourself still. The only way you know your sexuality is by looking at your reflection patiently. It can be anywhere and anyplace to figure out. It takes time to find your sexuality. If he is heterosexual, which I am fine with that. Although, I do feel like he is bisexual and seem suit him. Its just me... so yeh..
blancowhite

Postby blancowhite » Tue May 08, 2018 12:46 pm

I think Cartman is bi, but I don't think he has romantic interest in men (or genuinely anyone for that matter, sociopath). Cartman sees sexual acts as a way to humiliate and degrade others, we can see this in Cartman Sucks, the Imaginationland trilogy, and even the Ring (not understanding why Kenny would get pleasure out of a sexual act instead of humiliation).
Cartman hates Kyle, that's more than evident. He thrives off of his reactions (Smug Alert) and basically has an obsessive hatred the kid. I think apart of that obsession though, is an underlying sexual infatuation/attraction. More so sexual sadism than anything, though. He wants to degrade Kyle in the most vulnerable way possible.
It's really f*cked up, and I absolutely hate when people some how mistake all that for a crush or some sort of endearment when that could be farther from the truth.
EsmagaSapos

Postby EsmagaSapos » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:41 pm

Really? Who the hell makes a thread talking about a 10 years old sexual orientation?

Seriously, Cartman couldn't be homosexual, his penis is only 1.4 inches, he couldn't even reach the back door.

The following penis size was mesure according to the correct T.M.I standards.

Return to “Character Discussion”