Who could get a spin-off?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Who could get a spin-off?

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:47 pm

Which character(s) do you think could carry their own show and get a South Park spin-off?

Name the character, where they'd be located and a few story ideas or character arcs that might work.

I think the leading contender would be Mr. Garrison. They've done so much with him and he has already gone through this huge arc of being a homophobe in the closet, to openly gay, to transsexual homophobe, to transsexual lesbian and back to a man. With all that history, a show featuring Garrison would probably work just fine.

It might be interesting to have someone as f*cked up as Garrison move to Utah where he clashes with Mormon culture frequently. Matt & Trey have always had a certain fascination with Mormons and this would be a vehicle for them to delve into all the comedy that comes with Mormons.

Garrison as a polygamist is at least a three episode arc.
Mormons vs. gays is another good area.
Utah is un-apologetically a conceal/carry state.

What are your ideas?

You read it! You can't unread it!
Pip Tweek

Re: Who could get a spin-off?

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:59 pm

The Jackovasaurs (just kidding)

If it's only one character, then Garrison would be a great choice. Also, the pair of Jimbo and Ned would probably work well in pretty much any situation, Jimbo being the lead guy and Ned being his oddball sidekick as they were in SP.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:06 am

I vote for Ned and Jimbo too. I could watch a whole series of them blowing stuff away.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:20 am

Top 12:
12. Heidi Turner
11. Towelie
10. Mr. Mackey
9. Mr. Garrison
8. Kevin Stoley
7. Lemmiwinks
6. Bebe
5. Tweek
4. Mr. Slave and Big Gay Al
3. Token
2. Clyde
1. Craig

Craig's spin-off would be called "Tuckered Away" and it would star him, Red, and Kenny, along with their families. So Thomas Tucker (Craig's dad), Skeeter Tucker (Red's dad), and Stuart McCormick (Kenny's dad) would start their own alcohol company and move to the city of Mount Scotchshire, Tennessee with their families. The three kids would all go to Mount Scotchshire Elementary School and their new friends would all be cousins or friends of their friends in South Park. Due to Tennessee's climate, Craig, Red, and Kenny's outfits would change significantly, with all of them losing their jackets, Craig ditching his blue hat, and Kenny shedding his famous orange parka for more appropriate attire, except during Tennessee's winter months. Even then, they'd take their jackets, gloves, and hats off when they get inside their new estate that they all share. This is due to the fact that the alcohol company is extremely successful, therefore finally putting Kenny out of poverty. The biggest elements would be Craig's pragmatic attitude, Red's control over the other kids, Kenny's many perverted attempts to get in various girls' pants, their families' wild shenanigans, and the town's various disasters and stupidity. Mount Scotchshire is basically the Southeastern United States' equivalent to South Park. This would totally whip that one show I can't mention's black guy's spinoff's ass to shreds. I really wish South Park would have a spinoff of some type.
YHeloThar

Postby YHeloThar » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:16 am

How about the goth kids? There's plenty of material to be had with them, just look at the vampire episode.
pumphrey94

Postby pumphrey94 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:53 pm

Butters of course
n00biito

Postby n00biito » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:58 pm

Wow! these are all great ideas. How come nobody has mentioned Chef yet? Lot's of singing and chasing after ladies in the wackiest situations.

There could be more alien episodes since Chef is a believer. He'd have to save the world numerous times form all kinds of disasters. The best part of this would be there could be crossovers with SP where he helps the children.
robcobes

Postby robcobes » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:13 pm

because Isaac Hayes is dead.
So much to do at Cartmanland, but you can't come. Especially you Stan and Kyle.
n00biito

Postby n00biito » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:32 pm

Oops! My bad! :oops: Well the visitors could have a spin off then. It could feature them trying al kind sof crazy plans to take over Soutpark.
allysapi

Postby allysapi » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:00 am

I think they should do a spin-off for Ned and Jimbo or Randy.
If water was vodka
And I was a duck
Id go to the bottom
And never come up
But waters not vodka
And Im not a duck
So hand me a glass
And shut the f*ck up

My Deviant art: http://allysapi.deviantart.com/
FightinRoundTheWorld

Postby FightinRoundTheWorld » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:59 am

Russel Crowe... need I say more?
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:37 pm

FightinRoundTheWorld wrote:Russel Crowe... need I say more?

Agreed. Nice name, by the way.

Although I hate to admit it, the most plausible solution would be Randy. I can't really see any of the non-main kids being able to carry a show, well maybe Butters.

Return to “Character Discussion”