The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

forbidden_moose
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:30 am

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby forbidden_moose » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:09 pm

JerWu17 wrote:I agree that the Stendy relationship does not create good story plots because, to put it in racing terms, Wendy wears the firesuit in the relationship (see episodes 1209/1313/1404), so there is less of a romantic element there.

For some odd reason, M&T seems to be unwilling to use Wendy for supporting roles unless it relates to her relationship with Stan. They mostly only use her in the very rare instances where a main role requires a girl/liberal kid character. So in that sense, Wendy is better described as an occasional main character rather than as a supporting character.

Unlike other supporting kid characters, Wendy in her past appearances has demonstrated a rich, deep personality that typically only main characters possess. This is the reason why I like her as much as Stan and Kyle, even though her usage level is excruciating low.

IMO the only way to see Wendy more in future episodes is if M&T stop seeing her as only "Stan's girlfriend". M&T should be more open to use Wendy in intelligent gender-neutral main character roles instead of automatically resorting to using Stan or Kyle. Otherwise, Wendy would be hard-pressed to find a place in a show that covers very little of the female realm.

amen to that! One of Wendy (and the show's) strongest episodes was The Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset. (Wendy and Stan's relationship was on hiatus at the time) and Stan plays a very, very minor role in that episode.
p.s. I wonder what Miss Testaburger made of her boyfriend's adventures in San Diego? :lol:
HAcoreRD
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:28 am

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:56 pm

she was probably pissed he made her look 'insensitive' with everyone else
UhhIDontKnow
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:51 am

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:21 pm

forbidden_moose wrote:
JerWu17 wrote:I agree that the Stendy relationship does not create good story plots because, to put it in racing terms, Wendy wears the firesuit in the relationship (see episodes 1209/1313/1404), so there is less of a romantic element there.

For some odd reason, M&T seems to be unwilling to use Wendy for supporting roles unless it relates to her relationship with Stan. They mostly only use her in the very rare instances where a main role requires a girl/liberal kid character. So in that sense, Wendy is better described as an occasional main character rather than as a supporting character.

Unlike other supporting kid characters, Wendy in her past appearances has demonstrated a rich, deep personality that typically only main characters possess. This is the reason why I like her as much as Stan and Kyle, even though her usage level is excruciating low.

IMO the only way to see Wendy more in future episodes is if M&T stop seeing her as only "Stan's girlfriend". M&T should be more open to use Wendy in intelligent gender-neutral main character roles instead of automatically resorting to using Stan or Kyle. Otherwise, Wendy would be hard-pressed to find a place in a show that covers very little of the female realm.

amen to that! One of Wendy (and the show's) strongest episodes was The Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset. (Wendy and Stan's relationship was on hiatus at the time) and Stan plays a very, very minor role in that episode.
p.s. I wonder what Miss Testaburger made of her boyfriend's adventures in San Diego? :lol:


Well just like Sharon Marsh, she will need to shoulder more than her fair share of shame over her man if she wants to be hooked up with a Marsh male.
John_117
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby John_117 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:50 pm

So far, Stan has jacked it TWICE in San Diego. I wanna see a Stendy episode next week.
forbidden_moose
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:30 am

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby forbidden_moose » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:42 pm

The last Wendy focused episode was Dances With Smurfs in 2009, I think it's time for another Wendy-centric episode.
JerWu17
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby JerWu17 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:10 am

Well there we go, finally some solid air time for Wendy this run coming up this week.

Not personally expecting too much from this episode though. The better Wendy-featured episodes all had her apart from or at odds with the other SP girls. This separation allows her to better display her higher maturity and sophistication. When she's with the other girls, she just gets lost in the crowd.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 17682
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:57 am

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby Big-Will » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:38 am

nwt000 wrote:I found that someone screencapped this on Facebook. It's from American Dad:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/531346_129226020542010_100003638394304_125406_1120155554_n.jpg
Looks awful familiar, huh?

Alright Wendy, f*ck 'em up. :cartmanlaugh:
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
maxbjr
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby maxbjr » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:10 am

From the brief clip I've seen, it looks like Bebe is the lead girl in the new episode 1607, helping Nicole, while Wendy is part of the group.
HAcoreRD
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:28 am

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:02 pm

surprise surprise, the girls did nothing. As usual.
nwt000
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby nwt000 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:56 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:surprise surprise, the girls did nothing. As usual.

I wish Trey and Matt would give them more screen time and lines on the show. They have so much potential, yet so little use.
forbidden_moose
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:30 am

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby forbidden_moose » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:28 pm

At least they had lines this past episode. It was nice to see Bebe talking after so long. It's interesting all the baby photos that keep popping up in the show, there were some of Kyle in Jewbacabra in his house, and now one of Bebe. I hope Nichole isn't a one time only character.
nothingtoseehere
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby nothingtoseehere » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Yeah I like the girls a lot! A miss an episode like The List or Stupid Spoiled Whore. They're always really funny.
Another Strendy episode would be great as well. I love them!
HAcoreRD
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:28 am

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby HAcoreRD » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:38 pm

nothingtoseehere wrote:Yeah I like the girls a lot! A miss an episode like The List or Stupid Spoiled Whore. They're always really funny.
Another Strendy episode would be great as well. I love them!


Stan/Wendy episodes are the only way she'll get screen time it'd seem.
borceem
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby borceem » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:16 am

wendys a dumb bitch!!! they should send her to the moon on a mexicant rocket
HAcoreRD
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:28 am

Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:36 pm

borceem wrote:wendys a dumb bitch!!! they should send her to the moon on a mexicant rocket


Be careful!
She'll shoot you into the sun!

Return to “Character Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests