Wishlist of new extras for Blu-ray season sets

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

John Pannozzi

Wishlist of new extras for Blu-ray season sets

Postby John Pannozzi » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:28 am

So, they're releasing the first 11 seasons of South Park on Blu-ray:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/South-Park ... h-11/23640

Great news, but I want to see some new bonus features (in addition to all the extras from the original DVD sets):

For Season 1, I want to see included:

The original pilot version of Cartman Gets an Anal Probe, with the option to listen to commentary that was once available on southparkstudios.com (This is the one extra above all else I most want to see included)

Both the 1992 and 1995 versions of Spirit of Christmas (if the music rights can be cleared in time)

For Season 2, I want to see:

Chef Aid: Behind the Menu special

Sketch from the 12th Annual American Comedy Awards

For Season 3, I want to see:

The Dead Friend Sketch (from the Monty Python 30th Anniversary Special)

Sketch from the 1999 Emmy Awards

And for Season 4, I want to see:

The Gauntlet (sketch from the 2000 MTV Movie Awards)

If anyone here has pull with SPS and CC, and if any of these materials are doable, I hope to see at least a few of them included.

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Wishlist of new extras for Blu-ray season sets

Postby Big-Will » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:42 am

I have all that, so I wouldn't buy the blu-rays for that. What I want to hear are commentaries for Season 2, since they didn't record them when the DVDs first came out, because Rhino left the Season 1 commentaries off the S1 DVDs.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
John Pannozzi

Postby John Pannozzi » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:43 am

Big-Will wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:42 am
I have all that, so I wouldn't buy the blu-rays for that. What I want to hear are commentaries for Season 2, since they didn't record them when the DVDs first came out, because Rhino left the Season 1 commentaries off the S1 DVDs.
Do you have a copy of the commentary to the pilot of Cartman Gets an Anal Probe? That was only ever available on the site for a limited time, AFAIK.

Matt and Trey have said numerous times that don't care for Season 2 in hindsight, so I don't think commentaries for it are likely. Unless they bring in other staff members (writers for that season, the animation crew, etc.)

JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:11 am

Big-Will wrote:
I'd love to see it in theory, but I worry if Matt and Trey would have much to say. Looking at the BLU commentary for Blu-Ray, they seemed to struggle to recollect much of anything about the movie beyond the very root of the idea, and even that seemed a little buried. There's some nice nuggets of info, but it lacks in production information and it's much more fun in the 'hanging out with Matt and Trey' way.
Do you have a copy of the commentary to the pilot of Cartman Gets an Anal Probe? That was only ever available on the site for a limited time, AFAIK.
I believe it was released as a bonus disc with S2 at one point, with a certain retailer or something. It was definitely out there before SPS hosted it.
OFFICIAL WIKI MODERATOR :D
My Fanfics | My Fanart | My Wiki Talk Page | My Inbox | My SP Forum
Favorite Characters: Kenny and family, Stan, Wendy, Tweek, Kevin Stoley, Mephesto, Pip (RIP)
Favorite Episode: "The List" (s11e14)
John Pannozzi

Postby John Pannozzi » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:51 pm

JVM wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:11 am
Big-Will wrote:
I'd love to see it in theory, but I worry if Matt and Trey would have much to say. Looking at the BLU commentary for Blu-Ray, they seemed to struggle to recollect much of anything about the movie beyond the very root of the idea, and even that seemed a little buried. There's some nice nuggets of info, but it lacks in production information and it's much more fun in the 'hanging out with Matt and Trey' way.
I believe it was released as a bonus disc with S2 at one point, with a certain retailer or something. It was definitely out there before SPS hosted it.
I know the pilot was available as a bonus disc, but I thought the commentary to it was exclusive to SPS.

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:35 am

It is. It went with a version of the pilot that was unfinished, and neither this version of the pilot nor its commentary are available anywhere. The video, with and without commentary, was only up for 30 days, and I don't think anyone managed to rip it from here during that time.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:09 am

What about never before-seen delated scenes for the Blu-ray releases of Season 1-11.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
John Pannozzi

Postby John Pannozzi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:06 am

Big-Will wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:35 am
It is. It went with a version of the pilot that was unfinished, and neither this version of the pilot nor its commentary are available anywhere. The video, with and without commentary, was only up for 30 days, and I don't think anyone managed to rip it from here during that time.
Hmm.... how exactly is the unfinished pilot different from the version released on that bonus DVD?

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:12 am

Parts of scenes are missing, storyboard art where there would eventually be finished scenes, voices coming out of one speaker or another, not both, etc. A work in progress.

Return to “Q&A”