Question?

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

Pokajabba

Question?

Postby Pokajabba » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Yea, I have no idea how to send a message in the Q and A section, so I'll start this topic to ask.

Anyway, my big question is:

What is the name of the background song used in the, 'I've learned something today' speeches? Its usually in the older seasons. I'll just name an episode though. My future self and me. At the end, when they are in their speech a really nice background piano theme song plays. Does anyone know the name of it and where I can listen to it?
BRMBug

Re: Question?

Postby BRMBug » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:36 pm

It's just something they made in-house for the show. If it's not in the downloads area of the "Fans" section, I don't know where to find it.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:14 pm

No idea. The show has a band that makes music specifically for the show, and unless the song is really popular, you won't be able to hear it here.
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Pokajabba

Postby Pokajabba » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:07 am

The problem is that this same theme is literally in almost every 'I've learned something today' speech, in the first 5-6 seasons. Its always the same piano piece and I have no idea why its so hard to find the name of the song, if it was used this often.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:14 am

I dunno, I've heard other pieces in those speeches, and I can't place any of them.
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:41 am

Pokajabba wrote:The problem is that this same theme is literally in almost every 'I've learned something today' speech, in the first 5-6 seasons. Its always the same piano piece and I have no idea why its so hard to find the name of the song, if it was used this often.

Just something they generically wrote for that "I've learned something today" scene. And they just recycled it over and over for years. Maybe you can pm nall to post a clean copy of it under sounds/downloads. nall sometimes responds to such inquiries, as he did when Bug once asked for a clean copy of "Coon and Friends Alert" as played in Stan Marsh's house. I downloaded it and used it as my ringtone for awhile :)
Pokajabba

Postby Pokajabba » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:19 am

Any Idea how I could PM Nall?
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Pokajabba wrote:Any Idea how I could PM Nall?

Find a thread in the forum topic list where nall's name is mentioned. An example is the thread: Guess the next poster again. You will see that nall created that thread. Click on his name; you will go to a profile screen for nall.

On that screen, under PM there is a little envelope icon. Click on that and you can compose a pm to nall :)

Return to “Q&A”