Goth Kids 3 - question about the music?

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

sweetpeasoup

Goth Kids 3 - question about the music?

Postby sweetpeasoup » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:20 pm

In the first part of the episode, after Michael (I think his name is Michael) visits Henrietta and leaves her house, this sort of cheesy, old sounding music plays when he calls one of the other goth kids on the phone outside and then it starts again inside the emo plant greenhouse. I'm pretty sure it's a parody of some horror/zombie movie because it sounds a LOT like the music in Paranorman as well. If anyone can tell me what movie (or tv show?) they are parodying, that'd be cool because it's been bugging me for like, a month.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Goth Kids 3 - question about the music?

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Sometimes they don't make fun a particular movie, but of a particular style of music. In this case, music you'd hear in spooky B-movies from the 1950s on.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
sweetpeasoup

Re: Goth Kids 3 - question about the music?

Postby sweetpeasoup » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:42 pm

Yeah I mean, I wasn't sure if it was a movie or a "genre" of horror music but the only reason I thought so was because of Paranorman as I mentioned in my OP because it has the same type of music. Thanks for the answer but do you know what that type of music is called? It's strangely catchy.

Return to “Q&A”