So what really happened to Kenny?

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

JoelPepper

So what really happened to Kenny?

Postby JoelPepper » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Not so long ago I watched the episode "Kenny Dies". Kenny is my favorite character next to Stan and Butters, but what happened? I'm honestly confused. And I could not finish the episode, since I had to go, and I don't feel like watching and minute and a half of ads every 7 min I watch the episode on South Park Studios. Why did he die all the time in the first couple of seasons? Was he born with some type of sickness or problem? Tell me damn it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: So what really happened to Kenny?

Postby Big-Will » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:02 pm

Yeesh, you're still stuck on this after 12 seasons have passed? Egads!

He was cremated, but we didn't know this until "A Ladder To Heaven" aired. In the first third of season 6, Butters took his place until the boys got tired of him and picked Tweek. Butters didn't take that well, and that's when Professor Chaos was born. Tweek didn't work out either and that's when "A Ladder To Heaven" shows the boys missing Kenny. They visit his parents and find out that Kenny was cremated. Cartman opens the urn, mixes the ashes with milk, and drinks it, thinking that it was chocolate mix he put in the milk. In the following episodes he learns that Kenny's soul is in him, so they visit Chef for help. They all go to Scotland so Chef's parents can get Kenny's soul out of Cartman. It eventually ends up in Rob Schneider. Somehow it leaves him and ... Kenny shows up at the end of "Red Sleigh Down." He doesn't die nearly as often as he used to, but he does die.

As to why he keeps dying and getting born again, the Coon episodes answer that question.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Female345

Postby Female345 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:02 am

After he dies in Kenny Dies, he gets creaated and until his return in the season 6 finale. The other boys replace him with Butters and then Tweek.
He stops dying all the time because Stone and Parker got tired of killing him off in nearly episode pluse they felt the "Oh my god! They killed Kenny! you bastards!" catchphrase was getting old.
The secret of his immortality was revealed in The Coon trilogy
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:55 am

Big-Will wrote:As to why he keeps dying and getting born again, the Coon episodes answer that question.

Unfortunately, they don't. What they actually do is give us a hint about the connection between Kenny's immortality and his parents hanging out with the Cthulhu worshippers in the past. If that's the answer, then I'm Cthulhu's medulla oblongata. I find it perfectly understandable that M&T decided to save the revelation for later. At least, that's what I think they did. As one of the cornerstones on which Soth Park stands to this day, Kenny's mystery is just too big to swallow at one sitting. It's a subject worthy of digging deeper into and enough material for yet another trilogy. So I guess it would be a safe bet to say that the real answer is still somewhere ahead of us.
Female345

Postby Female345 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:51 pm

One plausible explanation as to Kenny's immortality and Chluthu is that dark magic or a spell was done on Kenny's mom and after the meeting she and Stuart conceived Kenny.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:27 am

Every explanation is plausible for the time being. We can speculate all we want, but let's face it, Kenny's immortality has never been officially explained so far, and there is a chance that it never will be. I'm pretty sure M&T themselves haven't yet decided what to do with it.

Return to “Q&A”