the acronym h.o.r.s.

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

mario88

the acronym h.o.r.s.

Postby mario88 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:51 pm

what does this acronym mean? i googled it, looked it up on urban dictionary, but found nothing.

tx in advance for the answer.
He is the record!
JamesPolo

Re: the acronym h.o.r.s.

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:15 pm

That episode is Cartman Sucks right? If so you may want to read these comments from this site to see if someone had answered that before. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27165&hilit=Cartman+Sucks
There are too many to read for me.

Also maybe Closed Captions were wrong and something else was said? Are you sure Stan says HORS?
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:25 pm

I read a script of the episode. Stan was playing a basketball game with the other kids called HORSE. It is where a person shoots from the foul line or whatever... like the line where a person fouled shoots but that line goes around the hoop almost too. So a shooter will shoot at 5 different spots around the hoop that follows the foul line. For each basket they get a letter and it is to get all the letters to spell out the word HORSE and if they do that they win the game. You can BING a web search of the basketball game HORSE to learn more. So in the scene Stan missed and said now he had HORS so that meant if he had made that basket he would have had HORSE and won the game but because he missed he was stuck at HORS and now it was another kids turn to shoot.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:43 pm

My way of playing HORSE was very different than what is out there but I think this site has how to play it the most normal way
http://www.wikihow.com/Play-Horse-%28th ... ll-Game%29
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Yes, it means the game is still going and HORSE hasn't been fully spelled out yet. Stan had just missed and so got the S. Had he made it, he'd still be at H O R. If Stan misses again, he'll get the E and lose the game, unless Kenny or Kyle lose first.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
mario88

Postby mario88 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:00 am

ok, it makes sense now. I learned something new. :mrgreen:
He is the record!

Return to “Q&A”